DJI Pocket 3's BIGGEST feature may be it's BIGGEST problem!
12086 228 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harpreetski
lvl.1

Indonesia

I unboxed new Osmo pocket 3 and I have same issue . it's scary for me being first time dji buyer. help! if there is any solution for it .
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 09:36
I unboxed new Osmo pocket 3 and I have same issue . it's scary for me being first time dji buyer. help! if there is any solution for it .

You’re the only one on this forum with the issue, so maybe post a video. Im sure a moderator will come along and give you some advice but probably best to return it.
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it straight back.
2023-11-14
Use props
Harpreetski
lvl.1

Indonesia

Return , just trying to figure out how to do it. Already out of Singapore for travel! I have to arrange something if store copporates fingers crossed. my complete trip is ruined already as thought to use it as main camera for vlogging. As I can't go back to store for atleast a month and great dji chat says there replacement/return in only from same store. Last but not least will upload video in by evening as not good bandwidth at my current location.
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 10:16
Return , just trying to figure out how to do it. Already out of Singapore for travel! I have to arrange something if store copporates fingers crossed. my complete trip is ruined already as thought to use it as main camera for vlogging. As I can't go back to store for atleast a month and great dji chat says there replacement/return in only from same store. Last but not least will upload video in by evening as not good bandwidth at my current location.

You based you entire trip's video capture on a camera you have never used or tested before?
It's highly advised to purchase beforehand, test the camera, become familiar with it, and check it over well before any planned use....
In your case, you'll need to return it for replacement asap.
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:42
You’re the only one on this forum with the issue, so maybe post a video. Im sure a moderator will come along and give you some advice but probably best to return it.
Completely incorrect, too busy trolling than to actually do a basic search...

forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300453
forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300803
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry to hear this buddy, definitely raise a support ticket with DJI so that they're aware of how widespread this issue is becoming, and also return your device to the store from which you bought it for a replacement.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-14 11:15
Completely incorrect, too busy trolling than to actually do a basic search...

forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300453

OMG look at the mass returns. Still trying to keep up the lies. How desperate are you that you spend all your time trolling the forum searching for the masses of people who have returned their pocket 3 because of its best feature.

Only troll here is you. Still bemoaning why DJI wouldn’t allow you review their pocket 3 “How pathetic “ what a loser you really are.
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK. Two wrongs don’t make a right!

It’s not mass, it’s a few.
He’s not the only one on the forum.

I hope they help him because he can't get back to the shop. Since it's registered via Mimo, DJI should know that it's his camera shouldn't they? And it HAS to be less than a year old!

I'm sure that DJI will see you right Harpreet.

Use their Guarantee ......

2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 11:28
OMG look at the mass returns. Still trying to keep up the lies. How desperate are you that you spend all your time trolling the forum searching for the masses of people who have returned their pocket 3 because of its best feature.

Only troll here is you. Still bemoaning why DJI wouldn’t allow you review their pocket 3 “How pathetic “ what a loser you really are.

Doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, obviously very naive and ignorant.

Do try to keep calm David, you'll give yourself a heart attack, being so angry over an internet forum thread is laughable, but also concerning, sich an angry little troll, with an utterly terrible reputation here.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-14 11:50
Doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, obviously very naive and ignorant.

Do try to keep calm David, you'll give yourself a heart attack, being so angry over an internet forum thread is laughable, but also concerning, sich an angry little troll, with an utterly terrible reputation here.

Doesn’t change the fact you’re a liar and you have no problem putting out videos full of lies .

I can assure you I’m very calm don’t need to worry about clowns like you who would rather feed lies to get clicks, I don’t need to depend on lying for anything
2023-11-14
Use props
accigue
lvl.1
United States

This post was tough to get through.  All the back and forth, some personal attacks, and not much else.  I can honestly say I probably would have subscribed to the channel if I hadn't seen the tone/words used here by the creator.

The video is great for bringing awareness of the issue in general.  But, the "on mass" statement felt like media fear tactics.  So far I didn't see evidence of that, only some various reports of the issue.  I am sure we won't hear about most of the people with the issue as they will just contact dji or return the unit as defective.  We also won't hear about the overwhelming majority of users having no problems, because they are enjoying the camera instead of saying "not me".  I think that is my only quibble with the video, exaggeration of the situation. I wish it had sounded more even tempered and just called out "some reports" maybe.

Even the evidence of a FB survey... that amounts to 11 people total and that is not out of 100... that is out of everyone since this isn't a forced survey of all owners.  This isn't valid statistics.  I am also curious how actual ownership of a pocket 3 is determined for those responding and verification that they have the issue?  I don't think this can be done so we can probably just toss this out.

I suspect based on the varying states I have seen as failure, I am not sure it is physical magnet displacement, but I could be wrong.  Should be easy to test any unit using a low power magnet. I'm not going to do it though... I am not tempting fate.
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

sergeant Posted at 11-14 02:15
The fan-boys are strong here, only because they so far haven't been affected by this issue with their device. If they had, then they wouldn't be so militant about someone criticizing the device.

A poll was just held in the largest DJI Pocket group on Facebook (26k users), so far just over 100 have responded, 11% of them had faulty units occurring either on arrival OR within a week or so of arrival, you can go and find this poll yourself. That to me is a high proportion, it's a small poll sample (100 users) but it's still a far higher number of faulty devices than you'd expect.

"Fan Boys" has nothing to do with it.  The opening post video claims an "on mass" (sic) [sb/ 'en mass] problem which wasn't sustained or supported.
Those of us who are "experienced" with tech product purchases and ownership tend to read things like Use Agreements, Warranties, and Return policies.  Doing so ... BEFORE ... entering into public flogging with misinformation is irresponsible.
Compare this to the 10s of dozens of Forum reports, UselessTube videos, and FakeBook reports of overheating... this isn't even a "pale" comparison.

Creating more heat than light doesn't contribute anything to the forum of ideas and problem solving.
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Follow this link:

https://www.dji.com/support/product/osmo-pocket-3

Scroll down the page to the section "Contact Us" and start a Chat session by clicking the link " .... Contact Online Customer Service ..."

Be prepared with you purchase information, product serial number, etc.  This service has worked for me a number of times.  It make take some time, but it's likely they can resolve it through a return & replace process....My experience
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Request to Admin / Mods... please consider closing this post and thread.  Conversations have deteriorated into nonsensical drivel.  It's not censorship; it's just we aren't going anywhere.  And it would be helpful for DJI Mod/Admin to make a definitive statement on how to deal with the issue "if" it affects a customer.
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 10:16
Return , just trying to figure out how to do it. Already out of Singapore for travel! I have to arrange something if store copporates fingers crossed. my complete trip is ruined already as thought to use it as main camera for vlogging. As I can't go back to store for atleast a month and great dji chat says there replacement/return in only from same store. Last but not least will upload video in by evening as not good bandwidth at my current location.

See my Post #94 below... Using online chat may expedite a return direct to DJI.  Since it's a new purchase you may find different service over a warranty claim (especially within the new purchase window).  
2023-11-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

UweE Posted at 11-14 00:02
Sorry Nick, but Hallmark is correct!
He lives in Ireland and in the EU, we have 2 years warranty!

Forgive me, but I can't seem to be able to locate the same page you are showing on the Australian DJI website... I just spent an hour and it is nowhere to be found...

I would like to see what the warranties are here in Australia...
2023-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Am I right in thinking that this problem either emerges very quickly, or not at all?  

In other words, is there any evidence that it's a design problem in the sense that with use, they will all start to fail, or it's an assembly problem, meaning that if you don't hit the problem in say 24 hours, you'll be ok?

As for forum moderation - well, there isn't any in the sense of having mods interacting actively and slapping 24 hour bans the minute an ad hominem attack happens.  Until recently, it wasn't needed here.  Now it does seem to be getting a bit like the Adobe photography forum where I was the sole Adobe moderator in the good old days.  Nobody else would go in there!  One guy even got in his car and drove across the USA with a gun to try to find another guy who had got up his nose on the forum.  Hopefully it won't come to that here...
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-14 14:34
Am I right in thinking that this problem either emerges very quickly, or not at all?  

In other words, is there any evidence that it's a design problem in the sense that with use, they will all start to fail, or it's an assembly problem, meaning that if you don't hit the problem in say 24 hours, you'll be ok?

There is nothing wrong with the design and as someone who owns and uses one I can tell you it’s exceptionally strong and tight, nothing loose about it the mechanism works extremely well and although some who don’t own one compared it to a flippy screen it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s a rock solid piece of kit. And the screen is locked on and you would have no problems picking it up by the screen and be confident nothing would happen to it, its really that good I wouldn't pick up a camera by the flippy screen.
What’s most likely happened here is QC have let a few very few out the door, this is nothing new it happens with cars almost all white goods all tech nothing is ever 100% and if it was there would be no need for customer support.
Apart from this thread that has a video that is totally misleading there is hardly a murmur about this problem on this forum, but unfortunately this video was posted to create nonsense and thats just what it has done and for the creator of the video to be advising others not to buy when he has never even held a P3 in his hands is nothing short of a disgrace.
You’ll find the creator is not on this forum to help with anything else but to try promote his own video .
2023-11-14
Use props
Harpreetski
lvl.1

Indonesia

also store says contact customer support they are not allowing replacement for this.
2023-11-14
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 19:50
[view_image]

also store says contact customer support they are not allowing replacement for this.

Stores will often punt to manufacturer warranty service.
2023-11-14
Use props
Harpreetski
lvl.1

Indonesia

but this is worst experience for first time DJI user store literally refused to replace within 5 days of purchase and directs me to support it more like bulling. I will need to work with support for many days to address this issue.
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

accigue Posted at 11-14 13:45
This post was tough to get through.  All the back and forth, some personal attacks, and not much else.  I can honestly say I probably would have subscribed to the channel if I hadn't seen the tone/words used here by the creator.

The video is great for bringing awareness of the issue in general.  But, the "on mass" statement felt like media fear tactics.  So far I didn't see evidence of that, only some various reports of the issue.  I am sure we won't hear about most of the people with the issue as they will just contact dji or return the unit as defective.  We also won't hear about the overwhelming majority of users having no problems, because they are enjoying the camera instead of saying "not me".  I think that is my only quibble with the video, exaggeration of the situation. I wish it had sounded more even tempered and just called out "some reports" maybe.

You're right about the unfortunate negative tone here and as per the old saying goes "never argue with an idiot..." sadly doing so results in lowering your tone to their level and for that I apologise, David Walker/Hallmark has a really bad rep here and a habit of trolling.

This issue shouldn't be dismissed, nor should it's seriousness. 10% of devices being faulty (now based on two polls conducted in the Facebook group) is significant for any new product launch, it's not "fact" but it's very indicative of a problem.

The video raises attention for consumers AND to the manufacturer to take this seriously, which is now happening.

So ultimately I'm happy that publishing the video has achieved its goal, especially now that DJI is responding to affected users whom are commenting on the video.
2023-11-14
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

sergeant Posted at 11-14 23:18
You're right about the unfortunate negative tone here and as per the old saying goes "never argue with an idiot..." sadly doing so results in lowering your tone to their level and for that I apologise, David Walker/Hallmark has a really bad rep here and a habit of trolling.

This issue shouldn't be dismissed, nor should it's seriousness. 10% of devices being faulty (now based on two polls conducted in the Facebook group) is significant for any new product launch, it's not "fact" but it's very indicative of a problem.

You're basing your 10% estimate on a faulty, completely unscientific poll.  No way in hell 10% of all Pocket 3 devices sold have this screen rotation issue.  Not even close.  The actual number is most likely closer to 1% or less.

First of all, the number of people on the FB groups you're referencing is hardly representative of the total number of people who have bought the Pocket 3.

Second, there is no way to know for sure whether those who chose to participate in these polls actually have this issue, let alone bought a Pocket 3.

It's clear you have no knowledge or understanding of statistics or data analytics.

That said, I vote to have this thread closed because it's pointless and totally counterproductive.  The sheer amount of fallacious reasoning and speculation is ridiculous.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Interpol Posted at 11-14 23:45
You're basing your 10% estimate on a faulty, completely unscientific poll.  No way in hell 10% of all Pocket 3 devices sold have this screen rotation issue.  Not even close.  The actual number is most likely closer to 1% or less.

First of all, the number of people on the FB groups you're referencing is hardly representative of the total number of people who have bought the Pocket 3.

Look what we have here is a you tuber looking for attention. He posted this video on the dji forum and also advised members here not to buy the pocket 3. When it was pointed out to him that the video contained many untruths and downright lies he decided to double down and continue to try scaremongering. But when he met with opposition he decided to get personal those who didn’t agree with him were personally insulted called trolls etc. and now in his last post he clearly breaks forum rules in posting personal details about other members.

His real gripe is although he beta tested the pocket 1 and reviewed it dji passed him over on this one something he also mentions in the video. He or his video is not responsible for bringing this to djis attention I’m certain all customers with this defect have already done this. He doesn’t operate on proof or data has it checked this out before posting the video but he is aware he will get more clicks and attention if he makes a video about something bad rather than something good.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 20:54
but this is worst experience for first time DJI user store literally refused to replace within 5 days of purchase and directs me to support it more like bulling. I will need to work with support for many days to address this issue.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. If I may ask, was this bought from a third-party reseller? We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-15
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

OK boys, we got one with the harp guy. I am in contact with 3 on You Tube who have not received their replacement.

If anyone out in the world reads this post: PLEASE post and put a picture of the rotation screen.  
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-14 23:18

10% of devices are faulty?? Seriously?
This is based on what? A Facebook poll where 100 users have responded? 100 UNVERIFIED users?
Or is it based upon the thousands of units sold worldwide, because then we would have a problem.
Your argument has no factual basis - certainly not enough to call this a 'major flaw' in the product. A very small number of DOA or faulty units does not constitute a product failure. In fact, its a miniscule number in the grand scheme of things.
Your video did nothing. DJI would have honored their warranty and replaced units regardless, which is all they are doing now.....
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interpol Posted at 11-14 23:45
You're basing your 10% estimate on a faulty, completely unscientific poll.  No way in hell 10% of all Pocket 3 devices sold have this screen rotation issue.  Not even close.  The actual number is most likely closer to 1% or less.

First of all, the number of people on the FB groups you're referencing is hardly representative of the total number of people who have bought the Pocket 3.

Perfectly said.
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Harpreetski Posted at 11-14 20:54

It is unfortunate that the retail store will not work with you, although this depends upon the law in your specific area. Generally the store would be liable to refund or replace within such a short time frame, especially for a DOA unit. However what the store does has no bearing on DJI's service.
Contact DJI Support - they'll be sure to help you out as the defect is covered under warranty.
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-15 01:08
OK boys, we got one with the harp guy. I am in contact with 3 on You Tube who have not received their replacement.

If anyone out in the world reads this post: PLEASE post and put a picture of the rotation screen.

To be honest a photo shows very little see below is it broke or is it ok. Much easier to see with a video and I think there are only a couple of those going around. With regards to dji honouring their warranty, both support and return policy at dji is second only to companies like apple for almost all returns they arrange shipping to and from the customers address. There may be a couple of countries around the world that this is different but it’s very hard now to complain about djis service.

2023-11-15
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 00:25
Look what we have here is a you tuber looking for attention. He posted this video on the dji forum and also advised members here not to buy the pocket 3. When it was pointed out to him that the video contained many untruths and downright lies he decided to double down and continue to try scaremongering. But when he met with opposition he decided to get personal those who didn’t agree with him were personally insulted called trolls etc. and now in his last post he clearly breaks forum rules in posting personal details about other members.

His real gripe is although he beta tested the pocket 1 and reviewed it dji passed him over on this one something he also mentions in the video. He or his video is not responsible for bringing this to djis attention I’m certain all customers with this defect have already done this. He doesn’t operate on proof or data has it checked this out before posting the video but he is aware he will get more clicks and attention if he makes a video about something bad rather than something good.

Regardless of how many selfish fan-boys here wish to disregard this issue and distract this discussion, it IS an issue and it's affecting consumers, regardless of whether it's 1% or 10% - I bet you hypocrites were sheltering in your home terrified of 'Covid' while it was only 'dangerously' affecting a significant minority of the population, less than 10%.

If this issue was entirely insignificant, we wouldn't know about it, but we do and if you take the time and effort to do a little research, to review the videos posted online in discussion groups, on Reddit, on YouTube and the comments on that content from affected users, then you'd realize that your arrogant attitudes are misplaced and irrelevant here.

FYI, my DJI dealer offered me the Pocket 3 for review, but I didn't have time due to work/family commitments, you clearly have no idea how long it takes to film and construct such a review video.
2023-11-15
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-13 07:06
1.we conduct more than 20,000 of screen rotation test and the design standard is reliable.

2.for every case report the rotation screen defective unit on arrival, (quite a few indeed, compared with all the shipped devices), our tech support get in touch with owners and solve the issue immediately.

Ytao, have you and your team been able to investigate the cause of this issue, and have any indication as to how large the scale of affected units might be? We'd really appreciate your insight, as you're part of the DJI R&D team.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi sergeant, if you or any user encounter this issue with Osmo Pocket 3, please contact me or our support here http://www.dji.com/support, please rest assured, we will solve the issue for you.
2023-11-15
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Out of the blue, Hallmark007 (David Walker) is now sending me offensive and personal threats/abuse via direct message, that is highly inappropriate and has been reported.
2023-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark has also pm’d me 'out of the blue' with threats claiming I gave out personal information about him. Totally untrue but shows what a piece he can be.

PLEASE DJI can you stop threats being issued from other members. If you would like to see the threat, please contact me.
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-15 05:51
Hallmark has also pm’d me with threats claiming I gave out personal information about him. Totally untrue but shows what a piece he can be.

PLEASE DJI can you stop threats being issued from other members. If you would like to see the threat, please contact me.

I made no threat to you except to stop giving out personal details about me, you on the other hand have sent some vile PMs to me which both have been reported to dji an I will continue to report them. You have also been warned before about posting personal details about others but have continued to post them. I will now ask you again to refrain posting any personal details about me on this forum. This is a camera drone forum not a women down at the shops club.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_oIqQ16WnICVq
New

Russia

Did DJI find out what the problem is? Is this a mechanical failure or a software one?
2023-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 06:10
I made no threat to you except to stop giving out personal details about me, you on the other hand have sent some vile PMs to me which both have been reported to dji an I will continue to report them. You have also been warned before about posting personal details about others but have continued to post them. I will now ask you again to refrain posting any personal details about me on this forum. This is a camera drone forum not a women down at the shops club.

How can I give personal details about you when I don’t know you? You are talking utter rubbish.

YOU contacted me first with an accusation. Do not pm me again. I don’t want to hear from you again via pm. You are toxic.

You threatened to report me for something I haven't done!

2023-11-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When there's so much going wrong in the world, should we really be getting into this kind of conflict in a camera forum?  At the end of the day, it's all getitng a bit disproportionate.  Sigh.
2023-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules