DJI Pocket 3's BIGGEST feature may be it's BIGGEST problem!
12114 228 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-15 02:05
Ytao, have you and your team been able to investigate the cause of this issue, and have any indication as to how large the scale of affected units might be? We'd really appreciate your insight, as you're part of the DJI R&D team.

I highly doubt DJI would provide such information on failing units even if they had it. Especially not on a public forum. I still think it is too small a number to concern them though, hence why they are happy to continue to replace any affected units.

In the meantime, I must admit I do not snap my screen open and closed any more - I'm a little more careful with the mechanism but have had no issues....besides, a 2 year warranty is quite generous, and by the end of the 2 years something better will have come along that I will have probably picked up....
Appreciate that's not everyone's line of thinking though!
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_oIqQ16WnICVq Posted at 11-15 06:12
Did DJI find out what the problem is? Is this a mechanical failure or a software one?

Not a software issue as the software has no input over the rotating mechanism whatsoever. If you experience this issue it would need to go through the DJI replacement routine as its down to the physical mechanism......
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had a thought so just throwing it out there - if it is magnets that keep the screen in either orientation, could they have been installed the wrong way on a small batch?? lol
It sound silly I know, but if so the magnets would repel each other, hence not let the screen remain in its correct position......
As I said, just throwing it out there!
2023-11-15
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

IftiBashir Posted at 11-15 07:11
Just had a thought so just throwing it out there - if it is magnets that keep the screen in either orientation, could they have been installed the wrong way on a small batch?? lol
It sound silly I know, but if so the magnets would repel each other, hence not let the screen remain in its correct position......
As I said, just throwing it out there!

Yes indeed buddy that could absolutely be the case, I'm excited to see one of the teardown channels taking this device apart to see how DJI has designed it.
2023-11-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Or, the magnets may be glued in place inside, but not well assembled in a few cases (or many cases, I'm not taking sides!) so that the screen rotates and the magnets pull off internally and move with the screen.  Indeed, a teatdown would be good to see (in any case).
2023-11-15
Use props
Grateful
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow what a thread, looking at the video and going on what I have seen and read about the pocket3 they absolutely don’t compare. According to the video the author is advising everyone to return their pocket 3 for what amounts to a couple of screens with a problem ignoring the fact that thousands are working ok . He obviously has a gripe against my fellow countryman because he called him out. From what I read there are no more than a handful with problems but the video says returns are on mass, as someone who owns a pocket 2 is it worth the hassle in upgrading. I’ve watched the forum regarding the over heating and this seems to be sorted now and almost all you tube videos with the exception of above video highly recommend the pocket 3 . I’m very close to parting with the cash.
2023-11-15
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Grateful Posted at 11-15 08:25
Wow what a thread, looking at the video and going on what I have seen and read about the pocket3 they absolutely don’t compare. According to the video the author is advising everyone to return their pocket 3 for what amounts to a couple of screens with a problem ignoring the fact that thousands are working ok . He obviously has a gripe against my fellow countryman because he called him out. From what I read there are no more than a handful with problems but the video says returns are on mass, as someone who owns a pocket 2 is it worth the hassle in upgrading. I’ve watched the forum regarding the over heating and this seems to be sorted now and almost all you tube videos with the exception of above video highly recommend the pocket 3 . I’m very close to parting with the cash.

It's the nature of product-oriented forums - you'll hear more from people with issues (many just seeking help and I'm not minimizing their issues) than the quiet majority of happy owners, most of whom never come near such forums. I see the same thing in forums for other camera brands, tablets, phones, computing devices, etc. If you went by what you see in forums, you'd never buy any of these devices again.
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grateful Posted at 11-15 08:25
Wow what a thread, looking at the video and going on what I have seen and read about the pocket3 they absolutely don’t compare. According to the video the author is advising everyone to return their pocket 3 for what amounts to a couple of screens with a problem ignoring the fact that thousands are working ok . He obviously has a gripe against my fellow countryman because he called him out. From what I read there are no more than a handful with problems but the video says returns are on mass, as someone who owns a pocket 2 is it worth the hassle in upgrading. I’ve watched the forum regarding the over heating and this seems to be sorted now and almost all you tube videos with the exception of above video highly recommend the pocket 3 . I’m very close to parting with the cash.

Do it. You won’t be disappointed!
2023-11-15
Use props
Grateful
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-15 10:47
Do it. You won’t be disappointed!

Thanks I have just ordered the P3 thanks to your review. I was thinking if the screen problem is the biggest problem then there is no real problem at all , cheers thank you for the good advice.
2023-11-15
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grateful Posted at 11-15 11:10
Thanks I have just ordered the P3 thanks to your review. I was thinking if the screen problem is the biggest problem then there is no real problem at all , cheers thank you for the good advice.

I’ve been perfectly happy with mine. Yes I no longer ‘snap’ the screen open and closed and am a little more careful, but otherwise I really like mine and intend to use it much more in future!
Looking forward to capturing some Xmas lights and decorations in lower light conditions!
2023-11-15
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

sergeant Posted at 11-15 01:38
Regardless of how many selfish fan-boys here wish to disregard this issue and distract this discussion, it IS an issue and it's affecting consumers, regardless of whether it's 1% or 10% - I bet you hypocrites were sheltering in your home terrified of 'Covid' while it was only 'dangerously' affecting a significant minority of the population, less than 10%.

If this issue was entirely insignificant, we wouldn't know about it, but we do and if you take the time and effort to do a little research, to review the videos posted online in discussion groups, on Reddit, on YouTube and the comments on that content from affected users, then you'd realize that your arrogant attitudes are misplaced and irrelevant here.

"FYI, my DJI dealer offered me the Pocket 3 for review, but I didn't have time ....."

In your video you said:

"Perhaps if DJI sent these devices to real world testers like me before release...issues like this would be uncovered before release."

2023-11-15
Use props
fans898df2e8
New

United States

i had a similar issue today. and it happened very suddenly and I ...

i had a similar issue today. and it happened very suddenly and I felt some spring was unloaded at that moment. I am out of 15 day return policy. sending it today for repair
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MartianSunset Posted at 11-15 14:14
"FYI, my DJI dealer offered me the Pocket 3 for review, but I didn't have time ....."

In your video you said:

I actually noticed that this morning and laughed out loud. Look its  just continuous lies that video has helped no one. These problems always get good support on this forum, this video has just caused confusion , looking at facebook groups nothing new happening, there are a few but dji have just replaced them, nothing new on you tube its just turning out to be a damp squid. For those unlucky enough its very easy to just set up a return and replace through  djisupport.com.
2023-11-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 11-15 05:22
Hi sergeant, if you or any user encounter this issue with Osmo Pocket 3, please contact me or our support here http://www.dji.com/support, please rest assured, we will solve the issue for you.

Hi there...

I asked before but to no avail...

Could you tell me where I can find on the DJI website the list of product and their corresponding warranty's time, please...

I can't seem to being able to locate them in the Aus website...
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans898df2e8 Posted at 11-15 14:59
[view_image][view_image][view_image]i had a similar issue today. and it happened very suddenly and I felt some spring was unloaded at that moment. I am out of 15 day return policy. sending it today for repair

Do you have any video, it also looks like it wasn’t activated so they might refund.
2023-11-15
Use props
Andre-WORTH IT OR NOT?
lvl.2

United States

IftiBashir Posted at 11-15 12:24
I’ve been perfectly happy with mine. Yes I no longer ‘snap’ the screen open and closed and am a little more careful, but otherwise I really like mine and intend to use it much more in future!
Looking forward to capturing some Xmas lights and decorations in lower light conditions!

Same here, after a "few" reports of this issue, I now take more care on opening/flipping the screen, just in case lol.
I'm curious how the screen mechanism is constructed, with magnets or spring or both.  I'm sure someone will do a deconstruction of it sooner or later "if" this problem persists.  As for me, I am enjoying the heck out of this Pocket 3 !
2023-11-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 11-15 15:29
Hi there...

I asked before but to no avail...

https://droneshopperth.com.au/dji-warranty-service/

This indicates that what counts is AU consumer protection laws, which DJI have to comply with.
2023-11-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-15 18:48
https://droneshopperth.com.au/dji-warranty-service/

This indicates that what counts is AU consumer protection laws, which DJI have to comply with.

I'm talking about the warranty length for any DJI product... What is it? 3-6-12-24 months???

Someone here posted a list from the German site. I would have like to compare it with the Australian one, but I can't find it...

This is the only part that gives me a hint but no details...

"Under this Limited Warranty, DJI warrants that each DJI product (excl. DJI Dock) that you purchase will be free from material and workmanship defects under normal use in accordance with DJI’s published product materials during the warranty period. DJI’s published product materials include, but not limited to, user manuals, safety guidelines, specifications, in-app notifications, and service communications.
The warranty period for different products and parts vary, please check http://www.dji.com/au/service to verify the duration of the warranty for your particular product or parts. The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI.
"

I checked the link highlighted in red, but I couldn't find anything even remotely similar to the EU website...
2023-11-15
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

MartianSunset Posted at 11-15 14:14

In your video you said:

Correct, us smaller channels are only offered them just a week before release, rather than months before as in the 'good old days'. Back then we were part of beta testing, and could contribute to firmware and app evolution, as I did with the P1 and Action1, but sadly now they skip that part and just give products to the big marketing channels for review, and they don't really interact in beta cycles, they just quickly review it and move on.
2023-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 11-15 19:15
I'm talking about the warranty length for any DJI product... What is it? 3-6-12-24 months???

Someone here posted a list from the German site. I would have like to compare it with the Australian one, but I can't find it...

The cameras MUST be under guarantee. They’re just out so DJI should replace or fix them immediately without problems. As long as you have your proof of purchase, surely they’ll fix it?

It looks like they’re coming out of the box like this in most cases in any case rather than developing, but maybe time will tell. Hopefully, it's just the few.

I'm guessing 'proof of purchase' is necessary in case you sold it on, but surely Mimo registers you immediately so they know it's yours?
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So its confirmed then - this 'issue' is just a case of a few units, or maybe a small batch, where users are just returning and successfully receiving replacements under warranty. There is no huge flaw, recall, or reason to mass panic.......

TBH I'm not too fussed. I have 2 years where I'm covered by warranty even if the issue were to develop. And if they do change the mechanism at all, chances are any replacement sent out will have this 'new' mechanism anyways. Either way, we're covered. I still believe this entire topic was blown way out of proportion.
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans898df2e8 Posted at 11-15 14:59
[view_image][view_image][view_image]i had a similar issue today. and it happened very suddenly and I felt some spring was unloaded at that moment. I am out of 15 day return policy. sending it today for repair

So it was working fine initially and suddenly developed this issue??
If so, that rules out the magnet theory!
Now sounds more like a spring system, that seems to have worked itself loose in your unit somehow......
I'm half tempted to open my unit up just out of curiosity!......hmmm......
2023-11-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least we’re more aware. I think us all being confused is just an exaggeration. We all know there aren't that many out there at the moment.

Nothing is confirmed other than individuals. Doesn’t look like a major epidemic though, thank goodness. ; )

Ooh blimey, I've just noticed ........ now one has developed it after 14 days above ..... so not just out of box?

2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-16 00:19
The cameras MUST be under guarantee. They’re just out so DJI should replace or fix them immediately without problems. As long as you have your proof of purchase, surely they’ll fix it?

It looks like they’re coming out of the box like this in most cases in any case rather than developing, but maybe time will tell. Hopefully, it's just the few.

I have no idea what you are on about... Do you have a link for the DJI website warranty term in months for any of their products?

I cannot locate the one in the Aus website....
2023-11-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Burt37 Posted at 11-16 01:07
I have no idea what you are on about... Do you have a link for the DJI website warranty term in months for any of their products?

I cannot locate the one in the Aus website....

I think you would need to contact support online. Europe has  different laws on tech warranties which dji are obliged to honour. I looked and couldn’t find what you are looking for specifically for AU. This warranty covers all dji products including drones. I’m sure support will put you straight.
2023-11-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you ever bought anything new in Australia that has no guarantee?

There is legislation in your country for guarantees that DJI must adhere  to.

I found a link for the products that I bought and how much warranty is left.

At the moment, ALL Pocket 3’s are new so they must be guaranteed for whatever period your country stipulates by law. Consumer laws.
2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 01:12
I think you would need to contact support online. Europe has  different laws on tech warranties which dji are obliged to honour. I looked and couldn’t find what you are looking for specifically for AU. This warranty covers all dji products including drones. I’m sure support will put you straight.

Thanks mate...

We have similar laws here and we are well protected...

I'm just trying to find out what's the warranty frame for the Mini 3 Pro and for the Pocket 3 if I decide to go ahead... It seems that I'll have to contact DJI directly...
2023-11-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-16 00:43
So it was working fine initially and suddenly developed this issue??
If so, that rules out the magnet theory!
Now sounds more like a spring system, that seems to have worked itself loose in your unit somehow......

In the centre of the screen or directly behind it and left bottom right top there are magnetic components. The centre one seems stronger than the corners, so it could be these were missed in QC. Knowing something about QC often times averages are taken rather than every single product checked. As you say the warranties on dji products are pretty good as well as options for care refresh should take you to where by the time they run out the next latest and greatest will be here. I still have pocket 1 and just last week my grandson took it to film a project at school so still in good use 5 or so years on.
2023-11-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Burt37 Posted at 11-16 01:22
Thanks mate...

We have similar laws here and we are well protected...

My mini 3 has 2 year warranty pocket 3 the same . Care refresh on small cameras is very reasonable also.
2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-16 01:14
Have you ever bought anything new in Australia that has no guarantee?

There is legislation in your country for guarantees that DJI must adhere  to.

Thank you...

I found the link and it seems that in Australia all DJI products have only 12 months of warranty...

So in Europe you get an extra 12 months....

(12 moths are for Mavic 3 Mini 3 pro and RC Pro...) I couldn't check for the pocket 3 but I would think it is still 12 months...
2023-11-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 11-16 01:44
Thank you...

I found the link and it seems that in Australia all DJI products have only 12 months of warranty...

I had a look and you are right. Not clear.

I also found some kind of list with each product, listing guarantees of different periods for different parts!

It would help a lot if this was clarified by DJI, but I also found somewhere where they refer to warranties being specific to different places depending on the laws!

Not sure if this useful to you .... https://www.dji.com/uk/service/policy

There's a section on warranty period of main parts for each product!!

AU consumer law ..... https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/Support/Service/Clayton-Utz-The-Australian-Consumer-Law-An-Essential-Guide-For-Product-Manufacturers-And-Suppliers-2012.pdf
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 01:29
My mini 3 has 2 year warranty pocket 3 the same . Care refresh on small cameras is very reasonable also.

This is good.
My Action 2 came with a 1 year warranty originally, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the Pocket 3 has a 2 year warranty as standard - usually in the UK we only have a 1 year on most items like this.
I was considering purchasing care refresh for 2 years also, even though I baby my items you never know! And with the fragile nature of gimbals, one slip out of the hand and it could be game over! But then again, considering your grandson has been using the Pocket 1 and its still going strong after 5 years makes me think again........lol
2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-16 01:47
I had a look and you are right. Not clear.

I also found some kind of list with each product, listing guarantees of different periods for different parts!

Yes, thanks.. I can access that page as well here in Aus...

Not even the new products have the warranty listed neither in the details nor in the specs tabs...

I really don't understand why...

2023-11-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I followed these links, one to the next, trying to find any info about AU warranty periods - and there isn't any.  

https://store.dji.com/au/pages/h ... s?from=store_footer

https://store.dji.com/au/pages/h ... s?from=store_footer

https://www.dji.com/au/support

https://repair.dji.com/au/repair/index

This page gives a bit more info -

https://www.d1store.com.au/after-sales.php

And it includes this summary of Australian warranty law - which is for a "reasonable" period.  To be fair, that's what the Australian Government page says.  If you consider your claim to be within a "reasonable" time and DJI didn't, you'd have to seek legal redress.

"The Australian Consumer Law and Your Rights

The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) protects consumers by giving them certain guaranteed rights when they buy goods and services. For example, the ACL requires that goods must be free of defects, and do what they are meant to do. Services must be carried out with care and skill. These rights, which the ACL says automatically apply whenever goods or services are supplied to a consumer, are called ‘Consumer Guarantees’.

Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.

Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect given factors including the cost and quality of the product or any representations made."

2023-11-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

And the grammatical error in the title is really getting to me.  It should read "its" not "it's"  - but I guess I'm being petty.  Ignore me...
2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-16 02:14
And the grammatical error in the title is really getting to me.  It should read "its" not "it's"  - but I guess I'm being petty.  Ignore me...

I know what you mean...

Back to the original subject, does this mean, that DJI is currently breaking the Aus Consumers Laws for not listing the warranties for the products they sell?

I just would like to know if here in Australia we get 12 or 24 months like in Europe, for the pocket 3 and possibly why the warranties are not listed next to the respective products...

2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_oIqQ16WnICVq
New

Russia

In this matter, it is necessary to consider the legislation of each individual country.
Regarding the EU
On January 1, 2022, new legislation on the provision of guarantees and replacement of defective goods came into force in the EU. Thus, consumer rights are expanded. The new rules apply throughout the EU.
The product warranty is valid for 2 years;
2023-11-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s a bit confusing here in UK. Now we’re not part of the EU, I’m not exactly sure what is going on with warranties ….
2023-11-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-16 02:14

You’re not being petty, judging by the amount of tumbleweeds running through here and the rest of social media “its not” should be inserted
2023-11-16
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-16 03:00
It’s a bit confusing here in UK. Now we’re not part of the EU, I’m not exactly sure what is going on with warranties ….

It seems that the UK adopted the EU legislation on this topic, so that's positive (and ironic lol):
https://assets.publishing.servic ... 74a18fc321c02/9.pdf
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules