Not turning on / Not charging / Battery at 1%
1554 1 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
awyeah
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all,

When I got my Pocket 3 like 2 weeks ago, I did a lenghthy recording with it for like 2 hours or so, and it worked fine. Since I don't have the extended battery handle, I just kept it connected to a powerbank via a standard cable and recorded those 1-2 hours of 4k 30fps in cold Autumn weather, no overheating. When I shut it off, I recall battery was charged to a good extended like 80-90% charged.

Then the Pocket 3 was kept in its case for a few 3-4 days just on my desk, untouched and I never powered it on.
When the weekend arrived, yesterday I powered it on and it alerted me with a warning saying that battery is 1%. The screen turned on and was functioning, but the gimbal was dead, gimbal didn't turn on and it was unlocked moving around while I was holding it. Then quite weird things started to happened. Realizing battery is 1% and getting a warning on the screen for low battery and gimbal with no power, tried to charge using different ways but it didn't seem to charge. It seemed the software was reporting 1% battery but infact the device was powered on and functional software was working but the gimbal was without power. I tried charging via a PD charger, via my PCs USB-C, 45W phone charger etc, but it didn't show it was charging. Then I connected to my PC via cable and it its screen kind of got stuck with the "Connected" word. Eventually I managed to connect it via the DJI Mimo App to my phone, and once it connected, the gimbal just turned on like magic, worked smoothly and battery showed 88% and everything was fine and running as it should. This all happened yesterday.

Today when I went out for a shoot, tried to power it on, the status LED blinked RED 3 times and turned off. Checked this in the manual, and it says this blinking of RED light and powering off means power is low. I didn't charge it yesterday, as it seemed it had enough charge already. Now the device never turns on neither it charges.

I have tried charging it through any means with sufficient power 2-3A via USB-C it doesn't charge, the status LED GREEN charging light never comes on. I have pressed and held the record button for more than 10 seconds with the screen closed/open with and without the charger cable plugged it, still it doesn't turn on or charge. The status LED just blinks RED 3 times, and thats it. The green charging light never comes on.

Is this the case of a faulty battery? I ordered directly from DJI online store which shipped from China, and since we don't have a physical store in Switzerland, where can I send this to for diagnosis? Please advise what can be done here. I just got this like 2 weeks ago, and only did like 1 major recording of like 2-3 hours thats it, and now its in this miserable state of not charging and not wanting to turn on.

I had the Pocket 2 for like 2 years and used it quite roughly. Pocket 2 was working seemlessly and flawlessly even after alot of rough use and wear tear, but I unfortunately sold it like few weeks ago when the Pocket 3 announcement came out, hoping Pocket 3 was better. Seems like new tech is more fragile to be honest. Spending like 500 USD on this, I probably should have kept the Pocket 2, more reliable, and I used it with a powerbank and cable for long recordings, worked great never had any issue.

2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support to check the best option for you to send the unit to us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules