Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wishlist
2206 17 2014-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI

Here are some features I'd like to be able to use with the inspire 1:

- Plot a course with the app for the inspire to follow using waypoints, save this journey and repeats he flight  in the future.

- Control the camera during a waypoint flight (full control) - pan, tilt, etc. Record this camera movement to repeat in the future with waypoint flights.

- Record video in a flat profile

More requests  to come as I think of them.

2014-12-9
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

Me too on #1 and half of #2:

- Plot a course with the app for the inspire to follow using waypoints that can be saved to duplicate on future flights.

- Control the camera using the app during a waypoint flight (full control) - tilt and pan, with one of the programable buttons on the controller dedicated to be used as an "Aw, crap" command to gimbal the camera back to FPV.
2014-12-9
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

Hopefully flat profile will be available at launch...
2014-12-9
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

The flat profile is on the way. We will release a new firmware with the flat profile.
However waypoint is not included in inspire 1's feature list. I am sorry to say that.
2014-12-9
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-10 12:58
The flat profile is on the way. We will release a new firmware with the flat profile.
However waypoi ...

ZT,

Someone should update the FAQ's page if the feature won't be available at all with the Inspire 1.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/faq
2014-12-9
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

I feel shame for the careless mistake.

Thanks for your reminding.
2014-12-9
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-10 13:11
I feel shame for the careless mistake.

Thanks for your reminding.

No worries, Im a director of web development for big communications company in the USA lol trust me, i know mistakes happen. Glad I could point it out.
2014-12-9
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

2014-12-9
Use props
hello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Re: Waypoints - but, I guess using the SDK (when supported) there's the possibility that this could be achieved? Or is it something that DJI will add in a future update? It's a really key feature for me.
2014-12-10
Use props
For Aerial mapping waypoints is a key feature. Basically you need to be able to define an area to fly and decide altitude and photo overlap. Then the software lay out flight lines and photo positions. If the Inspire can’t do this it is not usable for mapping. DJI If you don’t plan to support ground station on the Inspire please let me know.
2014-12-10
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-10 13:02
ZT,

Someone should update the FAQ's page if the feature won't be available at all with the Inspir ...

The FAQ section on the Inspire 1 page at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/faq has been updated as follows:

When will ground station functionality be available?
Original response:
The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station. Ground station will be available with future firmware updates.

New responses:
The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station.

This leaves the door open slightly for a possible future waypoint release, but certainly no commitment at this point in time.
2014-12-10
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curious if perhaps the U.S. gov/FAA could have any part in the waypoints not being currently included/delayed... I've heard that there may be some new regs announced soon for small UAVs.  If the Inspire 1 can currently utilize a dynamic home point, then it really isn't a big leap to the app transmitting a dynamic "list" of points equivalent to a flight path...
2014-12-10
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

I don't get it, DJI products are being sold all over the world. And FAA is only in US. The rest of the world is not under such strict rules, with some exceptions. And not providing ground station functionality (WHICH WAS PROMISED) is ridiculous. That is one of the reason for my preorder, and now you tell me its not possible, ??!! Its on videos, its online, you take your words back?!

Maybe you should include this option and make software restrictions for some areas, like US, if its prohibited, same as you done DJI with airports.
2014-12-11
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I too was under the impression that waypoints were going to be added at a future date. This is one of the reasons I purchased one.

Am I correct in thinking that with the Phantom, you can add waypoint functionality by purchasing the ground station package? If so, it somewhat makes the Inspire less functionally able than the Phantom.
2014-12-11
Use props
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was also under the impression ground station (and thus waypoints) would be added in future firmware.. I preordered with this in mind. Route planning and tap and go waypoints are essential. In videos you demo someone drawing a route on the map?..

I purchased when FAQ said ground station would be added in firmware updates. Now this has changed?
2014-12-11
Use props
BeachNerd
New

United States

I am sorry to hear DJI is changing the functionality most of us has hoped for. I got a Vision2+ (latest version) and saw this as a transition toward the Inspire 1.
Planning a flightpath, executing it for testing, fine  tuning it, and then controlling the camera while the automatic flight is executed is what I had in mind. This would optimize the quality of the shot.
While in theory the Inspire 1 would  be a good option , it seems the curtailed functionality will make this a lesser candidate. We can only hope either DJI will allow the Inspire1 to work at it's full potential, or some other manufacturer seizes the opportunity when coming out with a new model. I am sure, we will see these functions sooner or later, perhaps just not from the current leader.
Between the delays of the delivery date, the lack of real useful information, misleading teaser video  and now the lack of some (for me) crucial functions will make me just wait and see. I assume with more manufacturer entering the stage we will have an interesting year ahead of us.
2014-12-13
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

Nothing wrong with the wait and see approach(if you can muster the patience ;) ).  

It can be said that there may be a price to pay for being an early adopter on a new product.  We'll probably never know if things like Groundstation, waypoints, follow me, were originally intended as part of the launch product, and were sacrificed in order to get the product ready to ship by the end of the Q4.  It's always a struggle to hit a date and when engineering/design matters crop up, it's either ship what you have, or bite the bullet and delay to fix it.  DJI chose the latter.  It could be, at this point, that all their efforts and resources are on getting the model ready for production and polishing the app.  Therefore, making any public commitment to future functionality is just something they will not do.  At least not until the dust settles from launching the product and dealing with whatever issues may arise once they are out in the wild.  I'm sure when they feel they can turn their focus to the Inspire's future, whether it be more app functionality, camera modules etc., they will make it known when they are ready.

This is just my impression and speculation of the situation, due to experience in other non-related product releases in the past.  There are always things going on behind the scenes that you have to hold close to your chest, no matter how much you may want to be forthcoming and inform your client base.  Trust me, it sucks to be on that end just as much as it is to be other.

Again, I have no inside knowledge of DJI at all, and my thoughts could be way off base.
2014-12-13
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It would be great DJI if you could make the recording indicator in the app a different colour than the red that it is when not recording. Having it red when not recording then red when recording could lead to a few unintentional missed shots. Very easy to do with all the other things going on while flying and something that is very clear even to your peripheral vision would be very helpful. Maybe if it was green when not recording video then red when recording it would be a clearer indication that the camera is up to speed.
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules