452 1 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TuCYIaTysK8n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481864 ft
United States

Hey all,
I recently bought a Nikon Z9 and am setting up for an upcoming trip overseas in a month.

Previously I had used the Nikon Z6II on the DJI RS2 gimbal with no issue. I have the pro version of the RS2 and with the Z6II it worked well with all the included accessories.

My issue is that the Z9 having a bigger body and being taller because of the portrait grip causes a clearance issue when trying to use the RS2s included focus motor system. The rod for the focus motor when mounted at the normal location is not tall enough to allow the motor to meet and engage with the gear strap on the lens.

I was disappointed to see that on the DJI website there are green compatibility check marks for this combination and here I’m having trouble with it. Does anyone have a solution for this? Maybe anyone else have this situation?

Sure, I can go out and buy a whole bunch of other stuff from third party companies like small rig or tilta but I’m trying to avoid that. I don’t mind buying a riser accessory or new rod but I’m not trying to go out and buy a new plate and a camera cage and 15 different pieces just so this one thing will work.

I have looked online for any information about this particular situation or even someone with the same combination of a Z9 and an RS2 but it seems there is not much about it. I think I saw one post on Reddit in regard to a Nikon body and height issue with focus motor/rod on the RS2. It seems that everyone is running the RS3 now and a lot of folks are using other cameras.

Side note - not DJIs fault but I felt so frustrated because I bought this RS2 right before another trip overseas for several months and like the day I received it just before leaving, I see they launch the RS3 and there was no time to return and get the new model.

Thanks in advance for any information.
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please record a video about the your set up and installation for us? We will consult your issue with our engineers and see how to help you.
2023-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules