DJI Mini 3 Pro Circuit
1639 15 2023-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

In my DJI mini 3 pro i i have some missing parts due to an accident, i dont have fresh care and this problem not under the guarantee, So I want to try to solve this problem myself. But I can't find any map for this electonic circuit to find the missing parts .

if anyone can help me to find solution .
IMG_9475.jpg
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, it is highly recommended to send back for comprehensive check to ensure the long-term usage. You could contact with the local service center for further assistance, thanks.
2023-11-13
Use props
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

Dear, my local service said for me i should to change the motherboard and ask for about 350$ and my only problem is this 4-5 composents , when i am cleaning my drone with teeth brush i removed by mistake then i can't turn on my drone .
2023-11-13
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

Even if you could get a schematic, those are all surface mount components and, unless you have the required tools and experience, can be very hard to replace on that circuit board.

2023-11-13
Use props
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

ShadowyMan Posted at 11-13 11:24
Even if you could get a schematic, those are all surface mount components and, unless you have the required tools and experience, can be very hard to replace on that circuit board.

i technician will be change this for me , just he need the schematic to know what is the parts required .
2023-11-14
Use props
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-13 19:08
Out of curiously, why were you cleaning the circuit board with a toothbrush?  Must have been quite an aggressive brushing to scrub off soldered chips.  A bit of dirt on the circuit board should not have affected flying the drone.

yes , my little son dropped a cup of water on the drone. Without thinking, I struggled to open it and try to clean it randomly. Then I discovered that some pieces flew off
2023-11-14
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Something very odd going on here. There is no way in hell a toothbrush could knock those components off the board.
Maybe you gouged them off with your screwdriver while opening it up, but there isn't the usual scratch marks on the board from a miss guided screwdriver.
2023-11-14
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Neslihan Posted at 11-14 17:48
yes , my little son dropped a cup of water on the drone. Without thinking, I struggled to open it and try to clean it randomly. Then I discovered that some pieces flew off

Leave it to the experts
2023-11-15
Use props
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

Lieutenant Posted at 11-14 20:18
Something very odd going on here. There is no way in hell a toothbrush could knock those components off the board.
Maybe you gouged them off with your screwdriver while opening it up, but there isn't the usual scratch marks on the board from a miss guided screwdriver.

This is what happend exactly after the water . for that when i clean it the composant has been removed .

2023-11-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It's still surprising that a glass of water could smoke a board like this, at least I don't believe it.  It looks more like a power surge.
2023-11-16
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-16 08:50
It's still surprising that a glass of water could smoke a board like this, at least I don't believe it.  It looks more like a power surge.

I can only guess it was switched on at the time, and the water caused short circuit.
That's burnt and it looks like component damage before the toothbrush.
2023-11-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Sam654 Posted at 11-16 11:35
I can only guess it was switched on at the time, and the water caused short circuit.
That's burnt and it looks like component damage before the toothbrush.

I have never seen such damage on boards exposed to water.  But why not.
2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Neslihan Posted at 11-16 08:43
This is what happend exactly after the water . for that when i clean it the composant has been removed .

[view_image]

I sincerely doubt that you or any technician will be able to fix that on the cheap...

DJI buys their components and complete board, from other company. Even if you take the board out and find the maker and revision number, no one will give you the schematics for it...

DJI purposely removes and rebrands chips on their board to avoid other Chinese company from gaining on them...

Even if you find out what they are and replace the few burned components, you still don't know the true extent of the damage... It may work today, it may stop again tomorrow.. You have quite few diodes and transistors burned on that board, and without schematics, you can only guess where and how far the damage went...

The best and cheap solution would be to buy on Ebay another drone and swap the boards...

Not sure if it will come cheaper than $350, but your problem is not "4 or 5 components" like you mentioned... When the liquid did hit the board, you really don't know where the power went. You are only assuming that based on a visual inspection... That's not the way to assess the real damage...
2023-11-18
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Neslihan Posted at 11-16 08:43

[view_image]

This board is toast beyond repair. The first photograph looked a lot less harmed, I suppose you did switch the unit on again and then the big damage occured. This is beyond repairablity, has to be swapped out. I think best way is to send it to DJI for repair, they do not charge a fortune for their service.
I develop electronics for some 30+ years now and this foto shows burned FR4 PCB composite, not fixable, especially I would emphasize you to never let this material up in the air again, it may pose a high risk of failing mid air.
2023-11-18
Use props
Neslihan
lvl.1

Turkey

The second picture is when I put the battery in and tried to turn it on after the water entered. The first picture is when I cleaned it with a toothbrush. I know that damage has already occurred in these components, especially since when I lost several components, I could no longer know what to replace them with.
2023-11-26
Use props
MikeNomatter
lvl.1

Thailand

3-23 07:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules