Battery Handle Failures
1172 11 2023-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

The battery in the grip has certain problems.

When the battery is charged, whether mounted to the camera or not mounted to the camera, and reaches the end of charging, the battery does not stop flashing informing that it is still charging.

It has been tested with several chargers and it fails with all of them. Although there are times when it doesn't fail.

I have tried asking a friend for his battery, I have tested it and it does not fail. So I think there is a batch of DJI Pocket 3 batteries that are defective.

In the new update in November, they have not updated the battery firmware.

If you also have a problem with the battery in the grip, do not hesitate to comment on this post so that DJI wants to pay attention to us even after paying and trusting the brand.

I have 3 DJI drones (Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro and Mini 4 Pro). In addition, I also have 2 DJI Pocket 2 and 1 DJI Pocket 3. Nothing I have was given to me by DJI. I believe that I deserve to be given quality products and not products that fail at the price of those that do not fail.

2023-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, sounds like you have a defective battery handle.  
2023-11-14
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Mine does turn off. Contact DJI for a warranty replacement.
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine also turns off as expected.....
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah could be a faulty battery. I don’t have this problem.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you activated as your pocket or all your drones doesn’t show under your avatar ..
2023-11-14
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 10:46
Have you activated as your pocket or all your drones doesn’t show under your avatar ..

My devices don't show up, either. I notified the mods, sent my SNs as requested (for registered units), but no change. My OP3, Action 4, and Gimbal 6 are all registered no-shows.
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm if you managed to check the battery level of this Battery handled when it's mounted to your DJI Osmo Pocket 3? If it's full and the LED won't turn off when the battery is fully charged, you may contact us at www.dji.com/support for immediate assistance. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-14
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 11-14 11:16
Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm if you managed to check the battery level of this Battery handled when it's mounted to your DJI Osmo Pocket 3? If it's full and the LED won't turn off when the battery is fully charged, you may contact us at www.dji.com/support for immediate assistance. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.

If I leave the battery charging, for example, 8 hours, the charging LED will not stop showing information that it is still charging.

If after those 8 hours I disconnect the battery cable and reconnect it, then the LED will not flash because it will detect that it is charged.

It seems that the battery, its smart chip, does not work correctly and is not able to detect that the battery has been charged (although the battery, where the LED should turn off and does not turn off, does stop charging because it does not heat up like when is loading).
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

EnTuMente Posted at 11-14 15:07
If I leave the battery charging, for example, 8 hours, the charging LED will not stop showing information that it is still charging.

If after those 8 hours I disconnect the battery cable and reconnect it, then the LED will not flash because it will detect that it is charged.

Thank you for responding and sorry for the inconvenience. Would you be able to provide a short video showing the situation? You may upload the video through Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here. We hope for your cooperation.
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_EONSeIMbCp1S
New
Flight distance : 249298 ft
United States

I am having issues with the battery handle not charging as well. I tried it by itself but also noticed even when plugged into the osmo pocket 3, the battery handle still wont charge nor let the OP3 charge either. The OP3 will charge by itself though.
4-8 13:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_EONSeIMbCp1S Posted at 4-8 13:15
I am having issues with the battery handle not charging as well. I tried it by itself but also noticed even when plugged into the osmo pocket 3, the battery handle still wont charge nor let the OP3 charge either. The OP3 will charge by itself though.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried charging the Battery Handle separately with a different charger? Thank you.
4-8 22:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules