I miss a basic focus method
650 2 2023-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thortschman
lvl.2
Germany

Hey there,
still using Osmo Pocket 1 and wanted to upgrade now. But as far as I see, the Pocket 3 still can lot lock a subject without activating active tracking. Am I right?
I mean I would love a focus mode like on every modern mirrorless where you tap on a subject and the camera try’s to hold focus as long as the subject is in the frame.
When you do this on pocket 1 (and I think 3) the object will be temporarily put in focus but will be release seconds after.
I would love the “active tracking” functionality but without the actual tracking.
Is this somehow possible with the new pocket 3?

Thanks
2023-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The other focus issue I have seen comments on is that there's no control over speed, and it's rather fast.  You can't do a slow transition from one focus point to another.  This could be something for a FW update down the track.
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the information below about the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Focus mode:

1. Single AF (AFS)
2. Continuous AF (AFC): Automatically continues focusing on subjects in the frame without the need for manually selecting a target.
3. Product Showcase Mode: The focus area is enlarged. In Product Showcase Mode, the camera prioritizes focusing on the displayed objects closer to the lens. The speed of recognition and switching has fast and slow settings, suitable for scenarios like livestream product showcases and unboxing videos.

If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules