Does Anyone Know The Thread Pitch of
1056 12 2023-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

The thread pitch of the tiny little screw-holes on the back of the RC 2 controller?

I'm not referring to the screw-holes at the bottom of the controller that are used for attaching a lanyard.

I'm talking about the tiny little screw-holes on the back of the controller.

I've built a bracket for my eBike in order to mount my RC 2 controller to it and if I can find out what that thread size is I can utilize those two points to add some further security to the contoller as I ride.

Thanks in advance.
Tech-Retard
2023-11-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I'm talking about the tiny little screw-holes on the back of the controller."
Best to post a photo with arrows posting to the screws you mean.
2023-11-15
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-15 13:28
"I'm talking about the tiny little screw-holes on the back of the controller."
Best to post a photo with arrows posting to the screws you mean.

I posted the same question over on the DJI Mini 4 Pro group on Facebook and got a prompt reply from one of the DJI guys.

It's an M2 screw and the depth of those screw holes are 4.5mm.

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply of any kind.  That's more than I can say for alot of the other forums I've been a member of.
2023-11-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Tech-Retard Posted at 11-15 15:07
I posted the same question over on the DJI Mini 4 Pro group on Facebook and got a prompt reply from one of the DJI guys.

It's an M2 screw and the depth of those screw holes are 4.5mm.

M2 is a 0.4 thread pitch...
2023-11-15
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-15 15:18
M2 is a 0.4 thread pitch...

I think there's a miscommunication here about the 4.5mm number I mentioned.

I know now that it's an M2 metric screw with that metric thread pitch.  The depth of the two little threaded holes on the back of the RC 2 controller is 4.5mm deep.

The DJI guy mentioned this depth so that I didn't inadvertently try to screw in an overly long M2 screw and possibly damage any of the internal components of the controller.
2023-11-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Tech-Retard Posted at 11-15 15:26
I think there's a miscommunication here about the 4.5mm number I mentioned.

I know now that it's an M2 metric screw with that metric thread pitch.  The depth of the two little threaded holes on the back of the RC 2 controller is 4.5mm deep.

Sooo, are you after the pitch or the length of the thread???

In your title you are asking for the pitch....

Also I would not use M2 size to attach anything more than few grams of weight...

2023-11-15
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-15 15:32
Sooo, are you after the pitch or the length of the thread???

In your title you are asking for the pitch....

The important thing is that I found out the exact size and type of screws that go into those little holes.

Those two little screws will be used to hold a small inch diameter by two-inch-long piece of foam on the back of my controller.

It will act as a sort of buffer between the back of my controller and the frame of my bike if or when I find myself riding over uneven surfaces.

All is right with the world again.

2023-11-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tech-Retard Posted at 11-15 15:53
The important thing is that I found out the exact size and type of screws that go into those little holes.

Those two little screws will be used to hold a small inch diameter by two-inch-long piece of foam on the back of my controller.

I'd be wary of attaching anything to the controller via such screw holes. I'd think there is a fair chance of such tiny/thin screws tearing the foam and or then acting as levers stressing the case. Plus if you are trying to clamp the foam to the case via the screws the foam will compress and you may bottom-out the screws in those holes. If you use screws with a thread length of 4.5mm and only turn the screws in a few threads deep then I fear their leverage may strip the mating female threads in what may be brass inserts in the case.
I'd suggest you glue or stick the foam to whatever and preferably the bracket rather than attach it to the controller.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're glad that you managed to figure out this information with the help of our fellow support on Facebook. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-15
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 22:51
Hi there. We're glad that you managed to figure out this information with the help of our fellow support on Facebook. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks alot for that.
I really appreciated the fact that your DJI associate over on the Facebook Mini 4 Pro group site was so quick to reply.
It was real helpful.
2023-11-16
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-15 20:26
I'd be wary of attaching anything to the controller via such screw holes. I'd think there is a fair chance of such tiny/thin screws tearing the foam and or then acting as levers stressing the case. Plus if you are trying to clamp the foam to the case via the screws the foam will compress and you may bottom-out the screws in those holes. If you use screws with a thread length of 4.5mm and only turn the screws in a few threads deep then I fear their leverage may strip the mating female threads in what may be brass inserts in the case.
I'd suggest you glue or stick the foam to whatever and preferably the bracket rather than attach it to the controller.

I considered everything you just mentioned before I ever came up with this use for those two little M2 screw slots.

Thanks for your concern.  I'm more than sure that my plan is more than safe for my Controller and my eBIke.  

The use of the foam I mentioned is just the third safety measure in a triple-redundant safety measure I'm using on my RC 2 Controller bicycle mounting bracket.

2023-11-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Tech-Retard Posted at 11-16 11:29
I considered everything you just mentioned before I ever came up with this use for those two little M2 screw slots.

Thanks for your concern.  I'm more than sure that my plan is more than safe for my Controller and my eBIke.  

I know exactly what you mean now...

Why stopping at the third, when you could have a fourth...
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tech-Retard Posted at 11-16 11:25
Thanks alot for that.
I really appreciated the fact that your DJI associate over on the Facebook Mini 4 Pro group site was so quick to reply.
It was real helpful.

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best customer service for our consumers. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules