Mini 4 Pro Battery Status LED Blinking after Power off
2344 18 2023-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ilConte
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,

since installation of the latest Mini 4 Pro firmware I noticed that approximately 30 seconds after shutting down the drone, the LEDs on the back coming on again blinking once to indicate the battery charging status. Is this normal now or haven't I noticed this weird behavior yet?

Regards
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a short video showing the issue so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-15
Use props
ilConte
lvl.1

Germany

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xq7GuUO6wbI
2023-11-16
Use props
ollie7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

My MINI 4 PRO does the same
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ilConte Posted at 11-16 01:59
Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xq7GuUO6wbI

Hi. This is not normal, but it will not affect the usage. If this issue happens all the time, please send it back for checking. If you have extra batteries try testing if it also has this issue, if not, please send us the abnormal battery for checking. If all batteries have this issue, please send us the aircraft along with the batteries. You can submit a repair request using this link: [url]https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav[/url]. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-17
Use props
ilConte
lvl.1

Germany

But it's just strange, that so far all feedbacks from other Mini 4 Pro owners has been with the same glitch since the last update. This would mean that all devices are suddenly faulty. Why can't a manufacturer admit a mistake and always have to fundamentally deny everything? This would significantly improve trust in a product if the manufacturer acknowledges a bug in the last update and fixed it with a new update.
2023-11-17
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

It's not just after the latest update, my Mini 4 has done that since I registered it and did the initial software update that included the AR homepoint. Doesn't seem to cause any issue, it only blinks the one time. I think it just likes to blink at me to say hi
2023-11-17
Use props
ilConte
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks for your reply… I already wrote in my first post that I don’t know if I just haven’t noticed this behavior yet - first seen it after the last update. But why does DJI claim that this is a fault when obviously all Mini 4 Pro do this „after-flight-greeting“?
2023-11-17
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Haha, yes an after flight greeting, like it winked at me   I was thinking this as I wrote the first reply, but wasn't sure. I just took my files off from flying yesterday. In the process of course had drone and controller powered up, so payed attention. The drone didn't blink after a power down, but as soon as I picked it up and carried it to a table across the room, tilting it in the process, it blinked when I set it down. I noticed this a couple times before where after hand catching it, I'd set it on the pad and power it down. When I picked it up to put it away couple minutes later, it would blink at me saying hey bud, I don't want to go home yet, lets go flying more
2023-11-17
Use props
fansb94f5231
New

United States

My 2 and 3 led lights are solid in charger port what does that mean
2-4 09:07
Use props
A.L.O.E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813173 ft
Estonia

2-4 12:46
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

ilConte Posted at 2023-11-17 05:16
But it's just strange, that so far all feedbacks from other Mini 4 Pro owners has been with the same glitch since the last update. This would mean that all devices are suddenly faulty. Why can't a manufacturer admit a mistake and always have to fundamentally deny everything? This would significantly improve trust in a product if the manufacturer acknowledges a bug in the last update and fixed it with a new update.

My M4P does it too although I hadn't noticed it until reading this thread, so it's not clear to me when it originated.
It may be unexpected, but is it actually a problem? I might be wrong, but it looks to me to be just a transient behaviour when the supply voltage of the circuitry drops. If this is correct then the admins don't really have anything to deny and there's likely no reason to fix anything. If this was introduced with the last firmware update it can surely be eliminated, but I suspect it's purely cosmetic. On the other hand, many people actually like flashing LEDs.
2-4 13:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb94f5231 Posted at 2-4 09:07
My 2 and 3 led lights are solid in charger port what does that mean

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm if this only happens in the charge state? Please try to refresh or update the firmware using this particular battery via this link. You may let us know about the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2-6 00:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A.L.O.E Posted at 2-4 12:46
I found a solution to this strange behavior (at least my mini 4pro works like this). I changed the drone shutdown mode and it's like this: press once-release-press again and hold for at least 5-6 sec. until you see the green lights flash once and then turn off and start flash again and then go out for good and no more flashes are repeated.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your workaround with other users regarding this phenomenon. Rest assured that we'll cascade this situation to our relevant team for awareness. Furthermore, if the problem still persists, we encourage you to provide a short video as well. Thank you for your support.
2-6 00:23
Use props
Lukappaseidue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2537195 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have noticed this strange behaviour too, with my Mini 4 Pro.
I can confirm that it arrived with .300 Mini 4 Pro firmware update, as with my earlier fw. 210 all was fine.
I have double checked this because a friend of mine is suffering with this (I hope cosmetic) issue, and compared with my M4P (with fw .210) and mine was fine, but after the fw upgrade even mine as this glitch
I hope that DJI will fix with next fw update
2-6 01:03
Use props
A.L.O.E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813173 ft
Estonia

2-6 02:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A.L.O.E Posted at 2-6 02:21
Hi Dji Gamora! This is not a problem for me, because as I wrote in my previous post, it is very easy to avoid it by using the same method every time You turn off the drone. It is not so difficult to hold the button a little longer than usual.
https://youtu.be/Rh3S-lElRhI

Thank you for sharing this useful tip regarding this phenomenon. Please feel free to reach us if you have any other concerns. Cheers!
2-7 23:25
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

has there been any update on this. My DJI mini 4 pro arrived today, and initially everything was fine.  It requested I update it and following the update when I power off,  the right most led light blinks.
4-28 18:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nicwilson Posted at 4-28 18:32
has there been any update on this. My DJI mini 4 pro arrived today, and initially everything was fine.  It requested I update it and following the update when I power off,  the right most led light blinks.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Does it happen every time you switch the on/off the unit? Could you please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check the behavior further? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Please keep us posted.
4-28 19:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules