12Next >
11991 42 2023-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michalis UP AK
New

Greece

Hello erveryone,

Can I use Osmo pocket 3 as a webcam with OBS Studio at a pc?
I will mainly need it to make power point presentations with simultaneous screen recording and webcam.

To my knowledge Osmo pocket 2 can be used with this purpose but you have to make various plugins or settings and I am not very advanced at this...
So is Osmo Pocket 3 easier than osmo pocket 2 to use with this purpose?
And do we have to use an extra cable?

Or do the free DJI programs support similars features like OBS, so that I can use one of theese?

Thanks a lot!
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Pocket 3 can work as a webcam on a computer. Power on the device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable. The device will go into USB mode. Tap Webcam to enter the Webcam mode, and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays the Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Swipe left from the right edge of the screen to view parameters such as Exposure, White Balance, and Focus Mode. You can preview recorded videos after exiting the Webcam mode.

1. In the Webcam mode, the maximum resolution is 1080P.

2. When streaming with Osmo Pocket 3 using the Webcam mode, the output is a video stream without any video packaging formats involved.

3. When the camera is in the Selfie mode, the output image from the webcam is mirrored.

4. If the computer software does not provide the option to select the camera or video source, it indicates that the software does not support the webcam functionality.

5. If the live stream software is showing a vertical image, adjust the software's output device resolution and frame rate, as well as the background resolution and frame rate (select 29.97fps in the software for 30fps output).
2023-11-15
Use props
loblue
lvl.1

South Korea

In the Webcam mode, does Pocket 3 support the pan/tilt remote control via usb or bluetooth?
2023-11-15
Use props
michalis UP AK
New

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 21:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Pocket 3 can work as a webcam on a computer. Power on the device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable. The device will go into USB mode. Tap Webcam to enter the Webcam mode, and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays the Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Swipe left from the right edge of the screen to view parameters such as Exposure, White Balance, and Focus Mode. You can preview recorded videos after exiting the Webcam mode.

Thank you very much for the reply!
2023-11-16
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Pocket 3 can work as a webcam on a computer. Power on the device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable. The device will go into USB mode. Tap Webcam to enter the Webcam mode, and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays the Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Swipe left from the right edge of the screen to view parameters such as Exposure, White Balance, and Focus Mode. You can preview recorded videos after exiting the Webcam mode.

How do I get the Pocket 3 to output 16x9 in webcam mode?
I only see 9x16 regardless of being in portrait or landscape on the pocket 3.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

michalis UP AK Posted at 11-16 01:49
Thank you very much for the reply!

You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-17 18:03
I only see 9x16 regardless of being in portrait or landscape on the pocket 3.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Normally, in portrait mode, it will be 9:16 while in landscape mode it will 16:9. Kindly please check if the shooting orientation is set to portrait. If yes, please set it to Auto-rotation. If the issue persists, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-21
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 04:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Normally, in portrait mode, it will be 9:16 while in landscape mode it will 16:9. Kindly please check if the shooting orientation is set to portrait. If yes, please set it to Auto-rotation. If the issue persists, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am talking about webcam mode.  Webcam will be 9X16 no matter if you are in Portrait mode or Landscape.  Remember I am only talking about WEBCAM MODE.
Everything else works as expected.
2023-11-21
Use props
SyncMaster152v
lvl.1

Vietnam

BobWinNV Posted at 11-17 18:03
I only see 9x16 regardless of being in portrait or landscape on the pocket 3.

I have the same problem. I can't seem to get the landscape mode working as every time I add it as my camera to OBS it shows a vertical/portrait mode with landscape image from the osmo pocket 3 showing as a horizontal image within a vertical aspect ratio crop. Result is black bars at the top and bottom and can't scale to full screen
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-21 21:28
I am talking about webcam mode.  Webcam will be 9X16 no matter if you are in Portrait mode or Landscape.  Remember I am only talking about WEBCAM MODE.
Everything else works as expected.

Hello, Bob. Thank you for the clarification. Please provide us with a video operation showing the issue so we can check it further. Also, what windows or macOS platform are you using in webcam mode? Please advise. Thank you.
2023-11-23
Use props
SyncMaster152v
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-23 23:09
Hello, Bob. Thank you for the clarification. Please provide us with a video operation showing the issue so we can check it further. Also, what windows or macOS platform are you using in webcam mode? Please advise. Thank you.

Mac Os in my case
2023-11-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-23 23:09

Here is a copy of the video you requested.

2023-11-25
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Video was uploaded to this message.
2023-11-25
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I am using Sonoma 14.1.1
2023-11-25
Use props
SyncMaster152v
lvl.1

Vietnam

BobWinNV Posted at 11-25 21:40
I am using Sonoma 14.1.1

The same !
2023-11-26
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

I'm having the same issue in webcam mode.  It outputs in 9x16 despite the camera being set to "landscape" orientation.  Here is a video that shows this behavior: https://youtu.be/VYeg_YHsnj4?si=TGXFQEEon-k7qs9X&t=83
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-25 21:18
Here is a copy of the video you requested.

Hello, Bob. Please upload the operation video (use a separate camera to record the operation when you connect the camera to the computer) to either Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here. Thank you.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PeloTom Posted at 11-26 07:45
I'm having the same issue in webcam mode.  It outputs in 9x16 despite the camera being set to "landscape" orientation.  Here is a video that shows this behavior: https://youtu.be/VYeg_YHsnj4?si=TGXFQEEon-k7qs9X&t=83

Hi, PeloTom. We appreciate the information provided. We will gather this video that you provide and send it directly to the relevant team for clarification. Lastly, please confirm what specific macOS version are you using for additional documentation. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-27
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 00:29
Hello, Bob. Please upload the operation video (use a separate camera to record the operation when you connect the camera to the computer) to either Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here. Thank you.

Are you saying that you need a video of me plugging in a usb C cable to my computer?

2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-27 18:05
Are you saying that you need a video of me plugging in a usb C cable to my computer?

Yes, Bob also the video must show the issue. We needed this so we could forward it to our engineers for further clarification. We appreciate your cooperation, Bob. Have a nice day.
2023-11-28
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 00:40
Hi, PeloTom. We appreciate the information provided. We will gather this video that you provide and send it directly to the relevant team for clarification. Lastly, please confirm what specific macOS version are you using for additional documentation. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi Paladin, thanks for the reply.  I'm not on MacOS.  I'm connecting the P3 in webcam mode to an Orange Pi 5+ device running Belabox software.  https://belabox.net/
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PeloTom Posted at 11-29 21:29
Hi Paladin, thanks for the reply.  I'm not on MacOS.  I'm connecting the P3 in webcam mode to an Orange Pi 5+ device running Belabox software.  https://belabox.net/

But you are still using the OBS studio, correct? Is it running on your Windows computer? Thank you for the information provided.
2023-11-30
Use props
SyncMaster152v
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 01:31
But you are still using the OBS studio, correct? Is it running on your Windows computer? Thank you for the information provided.

Hi there,
Thanks for completely ignoring me in that topic. Hope you will add my case as well to the team.
Best
2023-11-30
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 04:49
Yes, Bob also the video must show the issue. We needed this so we could forward it to our engineers for further clarification. We appreciate your cooperation, Bob. Have a nice day.

Link to video of Osmo Mobile 3 WebCam landscape problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... d/view?usp=drivesdk

[size=14.000001px]Mac Studio USB C port that the Osmo Pocket 3 is plugged into  is a Thunderbolt 4 port (up to 40Gb/s).  The Mac is running macOS 14.1.1 and QuickTime Player 10.5.
The problem still presists with Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware 01.02.06.04 installed.

[size=14.000001px]Update: The problem still presists with macOS 14.1.2
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SyncMaster152v Posted at 11-30 17:28
Hi there,
Thanks for completely ignoring me in that topic. Hope you will add my case as well to the team.
Best

Hi there, SyncMaster152v. Sorry for the late response. Yes, once the issue is coordinated with the engineers and receive a response, we will post the solution on this thread. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-30 23:11

Thank you for the information provided, Bob. It seems that the link you posted is set as "Private". Please set the drive to the public so we can access the video. We appreciate your understanding, Bob.
2023-12-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-1 05:40
Thank you for the information provided, Bob. It seems that the link you posted is set as "Private". Please set the drive to the public so we can access the video. We appreciate your understanding, Bob.

Sorry. Everyone has access to the link now.
2023-12-1
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ran my OP3 through nVidia Broadcast and selected nVidia Broadcast in OBS as the camera and it worked perfectly.
2023-12-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JKJenn Posted at 12-1 15:53
I ran my OP3 through nVidia Broadcast and selected nVidia Broadcast in OBS as the camera and it worked perfectly.

It works perfectly in 16 X 9 for you?   
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 12-1 09:50
Sorry. Everyone has access to the link now.

Thank you, Bob. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-4
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 01:31
But you are still using the OBS studio, correct? Is it running on your Windows computer? Thank you for the information provided.

Yes OBS studio is used as the final step to publish the live stream to Twitch. The whole flow looks like:

Pocket 3 > UVC connection to Orange Pi 5+ device running Belabox > SRTLA to cloud relay server > SRT to home PC running OBS > RTMP to Twitch

OBS source is a media source that gets the SRT feed from the cloud relay server.

Although my use case is a bit different than directly connecting the Pocket 3 to a PC running ObS, it is a common use case in IRL streaming. Belabox provides network bonding that keeps streams alive over poor cellular connections. And notably, the Osmo Action 4 does not have image quality/fidelity issues in the same scenario I described above which leads me to believe there is something unique about the 9x16 default output from the Pocket 3, as opposed to the 16x9 of the OA4.
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

PeloTom Posted at 11-26 07:45

Hi PeloTom For the portait display issue
u need to set OBS resolution:

And you can contro pocket3 gimbal via PTZ and zoom function
2023-12-6
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-6 19:20
Hi PeloTom For the portait display issue
u need to set OBS resolution:
[view_image]

Thank you for the reply. The pocket 3 is not directly connected to my computer running OBS. I use the pocket 3 out in public for live streams. I run the camera in webcam mode connected to a an Orange PI 5+ running Belabox software.

I have no way of selecting the resolution in OBS because the camera is not connected to OBS as a video source.

I suppose a better question to ask DJI is, if the camera settings are locked in landscape 16x9 aspect ratio, why do you allow a 9x16 portrait aspect ratios to be selected in OBS? The Pocket 3 picture is letter boxed in this case. I am fairly certain if you eliminate 9x16 aspect ratio when the camera is forced into 16x9 landscape mode, then there won’t be the issue of softer images for IRL live streamers using Belabox such as myself.
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

PeloTom Posted at 12-6 21:35
Thank you for the reply. The pocket 3 is not directly connected to my computer running OBS. I use the pocket 3 out in public for live streams. I run the camera in webcam mode connected to a an Orange PI 5+ running Belabox software.

I have no way of selecting the resolution in OBS because the camera is not connected to OBS as a video source.

pocket3 changes uvc steam to 1920x1080 when doing 16:9 video.
(codec won't add top bottom black itself to get a , say 9:16 1920x 3413, more resolution video stream: it is much more resource consuming and we do not even support this spec.)

so just to set the software display resolution right, this issue should be solved.
2023-12-6
Use props
djiuser_ZXH8GVNEFu5f
New

Mexico

Hi!

Is there a way to ingest Pocket 3's feed into OBS (or other live production software) wirelessly? NDI would be a dream, but maybe RTMP, SRT, or even as a phone camera option that can be selected into the NDI HX Camera. This would be HUGE.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_ZXH8GVNEFu5f Posted at 12-23 19:34
Hi!

Is there a way to ingest Pocket 3's feed into OBS (or other live production software) wirelessly? NDI would be a dream, but maybe RTMP, SRT, or even as a phone camera option that can be selected into the NDI HX Camera. This would be HUGE.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-30 23:11

Sorry for the late response, Bob. If you are using QuickTimePlayer, please contact first the software tech support for further assistance. We have tested one video software and the issue did not appear therefore, the problem might caused by third-party software settings or compatibility issues. Please let us know if this works on your end. Thank you for your cooperation, Bob. Happy holidays!
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_8tkPeyxN6CsC
lvl.1
Russia

Is it normal for the camera to run out of battery when in webcam mode?
2023-12-31
Use props
Oblivion333
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello. I want to use DJI Osmo Pocket 3 as a webcam for Twitch live broadcasts. Will I have any problems with long-term use? What are your suggestions? I'm afraid it will overheat and malfunction. I will be streaming almost every day and will that cause any harm?
1-10 14:46
Use props
fans8d5f2eba
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_8tkPeyxN6CsC Posted at 2023-12-31 02:18
Is it normal for the camera to run out of battery when in webcam mode?

Mine has not so far.  I have the screen dim for when it is on.  I don't have it tracking me (saves gimble power).
1-12 18:29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules