Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adisaputra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110043 ft
Indonesia

Dear guys,
Let me ask,

When flying at night, why is the forward speed faster than the reverse speed ?

Thank you
2023-11-16
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I only find speeds different if there are winds. Also, I find it takes a bit of time to reach top speed - especially with my Matrice 30.

Did you test going forward and backward 90 degrees to your original heading to see if the results were the same?
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm if this issue happens in a different location. Please consider the wind as the main factor in this scenario as also mentioned by Hoarfoast above. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What flight mode?
From the manual
"Max Tilt Angle
35° (S Mode)
Front: 30°, Back: 20°, Left: 35°, Right: 35° (N Mode)
"
2023-11-17
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

I just tried it again in a different area, the result is still the same. Forward speed is faster than backward speed. Then I turned the drone's direction 180° (from the forward direction to the reverse direction) the results were still the same. Tilt angle 0°. Has anyone tried this.? Please share your experience.
Thank you.
2023-11-17
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

adisaputra Posted at 11-17 18:27
I just tried it again in a different area, the result is still the same. Forward speed is faster than backward speed. Then I turned the drone's direction 180° (from the forward direction to the reverse direction) the results were still the same. Tilt angle 0°. Has anyone tried this.? Please share your experience.
Thank you.

Are you sure it's only happening at night? The reason I ask is because my Air 2s had a similar problem after a recent update. Mine was only going about half speed in forward. Reverse was full speed.

I finally tried recalibrating the sticks on the RC, and that took care of the problem.
2023-11-17
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

JmsWms Posted at 11-17 18:34
Are you sure it's only happening at night? The reason I ask is because my Air 2s had a similar problem after a recent update. Mine was only going about half speed in forward. Reverse was full speed.

I finally tried recalibrating the sticks on the RC, and that took care of the problem.

I just tried it again in the morning, the result is still the same. Forward speed is faster than backward speed. Then I turned the drone's direction 180° (from the forward direction to the reverse direction) the results were still the same. I'm using Dji Fly version 1.10.6
2023-11-17
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

JmsWms Posted at 11-17 18:34

I just tried it again in the morning, the result is still the same. Forward speed is faster than backward speed. Then I turned the drone's direction 180° (from the forward direction to the reverse direction) the results were still the same. I'm using Dji Fly version 1.10.6
2023-11-17
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

adisaputra Posted at 11-17 20:37

If I were you, I would try calibrating the controller sticks. That's what worked for me.
2023-11-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

adisaputra Posted at 11-17 18:27
Thank you.

"Tilt angle 0°"
What tilt angle are you referring to?
I assume the gimbal's because, by its very nature, the Air 2s must tilt to move horizontally. Additionally, unless there is an aerodynamic quirk, the greater the tilt the faster the horizontal air speed.
Since the manual states that in N mode the max angle of drone tilt is less in reverse than it is when flying forward the drone's speed in reverse will be less than the drone's speed when flying forward.
See what happens when you fly it in sports mode.
2023-11-17
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-17 22:52
"Tilt angle 0°"
What tilt angle are you referring to?
I assume the gimbal's because, by its very nature, the Air 2s must tilt to move horizontally. Additionally, unless there is an aerodynamic quirk, the greater the tilt the faster the horizontal air speed.

Yes, what I really mean is gimbal angle. Gimbal position straight forward 0°.
Thank you.
2023-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules