Pocket 3 - will this SD Card work?
1673 5 2023-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jennes74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79764 ft
Switzerland

Since my supplier currently has the pocket 3 on Backorder, I already bought a (seemingly) suitable 512gb card.
However having second thoughts that the write speed will be sufficient enough.
Can anybody please weigh in on this?

Canvas Select Plus microSDXC Card 512GB
https://www.kingston.com/de/memory-cards/canvas-select-plus-microsd-card?capacity=512gb&adapter=sd%20adapter&packaging=single%20pack
2023-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's much too big ... there's no real reason to have such a big card.
2023-11-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kingston is good stuff. As long as it is authentic I don't think you'll have a problem.  As Labroides notes, it's on the large side.  We all want more more and more, but as storage density goes up, the chance for errors does too.  I like to stick to the 128's and 256's at most.  And never run out of storage, even when I don't dump the contents to computer regularly.

Good luck with the new Pocket 3!  Loving mine!
2023-11-17
Use props
Jennes74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79764 ft
Switzerland

TonyPHX Posted at 11-17 06:14
Kingston is good stuff. As long as it is authentic I don't think you'll have a problem.  As Labroides notes, it's on the large side.  We all want more more and more, but as storage density goes up, the chance for errors does too.  I like to stick to the 128's and 256's at most.  And never run out of storage, even when I don't dump the contents to computer regularly.

Good luck with the new Pocket 3!  Loving mine!

Got it. Thanks.
I do have a couple of 256‘s
And yes, agree on that card being on the larger side of things. However DJI states, that 512 should be supported.
I was more worried re the write speed.

Hopefully, my local supplier can replenish his stock asap, so I can finally get my hands on the pocket 3

2023-11-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jennes74 Posted at 11-17 06:20
Got it. Thanks.
I do have a couple of 256‘s
And yes, agree on that card being on the larger side of things. However DJI states, that 512 should be supported.

Enjoy!  The Pocket 3 has been really fun for me so far.  Used it on a commercial job recently, just for ground pics, but still fun, easy and just the right size.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. You can also check this list of recommended SD cards as they are tested and proven to work with the Pocket 3:

Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules