Can't Activate newly purchased Mavic Air
589 8 2023-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

I bought a used used Mavic Air and was told it just needed a battery.  It boots up fine and i was able to reset it to factory and upgrade the firmware via Assistant II.  But its requiring that I activate it when i connect to wifi with the app. it returns the following error to me: "Activation Failed", "The device being connected to is not the one being activated. Please connect to a genuine DJI device."

I can't find anything on the forums which fix this.  I have read it means the camera may have issues or is not the original.  Any ideas how to resolve?  
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing this query with us and sorry for the inconvenience. To verify, please make sure to use the latest application version via this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Furthermore, I've sent you a direct message for further checking on this situation. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-17
Use props
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-17 13:37
Hello, there. Thank you for sharing this query with us and sorry for the inconvenience. To verify, please make sure to use the latest application version via this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Furthermore, I've sent you a direct message for further checking on this situation. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your support.

I have the latest app, the latest firmware, the latest Assistant II.  I know those are the "bot" answers to any questions posted.  Are there any human answers you can provide?  
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

bsenright Posted at 11-17 13:57
I have the latest app, the latest firmware, the latest Assistant II.  I know those are the "bot" answers to any questions posted.  Are there any human answers you can provide?

Thank you for responding. Please provide a screenshot showing the error message for further checking. Also, kindly note that we've responded to your direct message.
2023-11-17
Use props
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. May we know if you repaired the drone or if the drone has been repaired by the owner before? Could you please tell us the Serial Number?
2023-11-17
Use props
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-17 22:18
Hello, there. May we know if you repaired the drone or if the drone has been repaired by the owner before? Could you please tell us the Serial Number?

The camera was replaced on the drone.  The serial number is 0K1DF3K1BD56C6
Also, if i install the original camera, i no longer get the activation error and can link to the drone via wifi but i have a solid red light on the back of the drone so i can't connect with the RC and the camera vibrates wildly which is why i replaced the camera.  So just replacing the camera seems to cause the inability to connect from the app via wifi or wired connection.
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bsenright Posted at 11-18 08:26
The camera was replaced on the drone.  The serial number is 0K1DF3K1BD56C6
Also, if i install the original camera, i no longer get the activation error and can link to the drone via wifi but i have a solid red light on the back of the drone so i can't connect with the RC and the camera vibrates wildly which is why i replaced the camera.  So just replacing the camera seems to cause the inability to connect from the app via wifi or wired connection.

If you replaced the camera yourself, we recommend you send it back for diagnosis and repair.
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-11-19
Use props
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

obviously not getting any sort of usable answers from DJI which is expected, but for those who also have run into these problems, I was able to resolve some of it but I have discovered that I have a hardware failure and an ESC error.  I think they are related and there is an issue with the power board.  likely a shorted component of some kind.  I was able to resolve the shaking camera by replacing the gimble ribbon with a good one.   So I have to figure out the ESC error.  All motors seem fine.
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules