Any success with the DJI Go Update
1959 18 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozym8
New

United States

I have searched the upgrade and cannot find the new flight modes, I also cannot find any DJI Go user manuals for this new update.
Anyone have success?
2015-9-7
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

Yes I'm updating now can't wait to finish and do a test flight in a couple hours
2015-9-7
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

From other posts it seem self explanatory, but you need to be in the air and in f mode before you can access them.
I am struggling to get access to these options at the minute, so must be doing something wrong as the updates were successful in both Android & AC Firmware and I have been in the air with it.
2015-9-7
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

So are you doing the actual test flight now any bugs you think and does it actually work?
2015-9-7
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fvillanueva@san Posted at 2015-9-7 16:08
So are you doing the actual test flight now any bugs you think and does it actually work?

I have updated firmware in the controller and the P3P and the Go app updated itself. Calibrate and take off, then use the 3 position switch to go to F mode. A menu pops up which gives the option of flying waypoints and also flying POI programme. In both instances it's a case of flying to the point required and recording it. Once redicorded let the bird do the work. The POI lets you set the radius of circle, height etc then let it go.
There's a video in the P3 forum that shows all this very nicely.
It looks great, and I'm going to try it out later today.

2015-9-7
Use props
MagnusRobotFigh
lvl.1

United States

No luck yet.  

Downloaded firmware update, but when uploading to our P3P we get an abort message due to the file being identical.  Something isn't right with the firmware update.  The only file on the micro SD we use for updates was the new firmware version DJI released today.

Wish I would have waited a day or two to let DJI get the firmware update right.
2015-9-7
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

Updating now dint take the first couple of time because I believe I had the same firmware because I was using DJI Ultimate flight app. I am super excited my tab S works with the DJI GO app as of the last week so Im ready to rock!!! I will update after test flight soon!
2015-9-7
Use props
voyager4000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192172 ft

Netherlands

MagnusRobotFigh Posted at 2015-9-7 19:36
No luck yet.  

Downloaded firmware update, but when uploading to our P3P we get an abort message du ...

have the same, I did started the update process again. At first the P3 begins to beep very loud but after a while this stopped and began to beeping softly. When I started again a long list in de txt file game out but i could see the 1.4.20 was succesful.
2015-9-7
Use props
jipjip
lvl.1

Netherlands

seems phantom reacts the way i walk, shocking, but yes it follows
point of interest, perfect with speed control
waypoints, i think you first have to fly and mark the waypoints. than after this you can let the phantom fly automatically
i think it's is working well. next time i will try more.
With the phantom vision you could mark waypoints on the map and determine on which height it should be. after this the phantom will fly automatically
but it is fantastic

2015-9-7
Use props
jipjip
lvl.1

Netherlands

put flight mode on F, than in de DJI Go app you can choose multiple flight modus in the advanced settings

will this help you
2015-9-7
Use props
MagnusRobotFigh
lvl.1

United States

voyager4000 Posted at 2015-9-7 10:47
have the same, I did started the update process again. At first the P3 begins to beep very loud bu ...

That is what ours did too.

We are out flying it right now and the new functions are working nicely even with out a successful firmware version update on the P3P.  

Great improvement!      
2015-9-7
Use props
MagnusRobotFigh
lvl.1

United States

jipjip Posted at 2015-9-7 10:51
seems phantom reacts the way i walk, shocking, but yes it follows
point of interest, perfect with sp ...

I'm hoping the next update will allow us to chart our waypoints using Google map and upload them before a flight.
2015-9-7
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

DaveH Posted at 2015-9-7 10:27
I have updated firmware in the controller and the P3P and the Go app updated itself. Calibrate and ...

There is no update for RC  its already set Its just the firmware for the phantom it self that's all
2015-9-7
Use props
voyager4000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192172 ft

Netherlands

Do I have to calibrate everything again after this update?
2015-9-8
Use props
jipjip
lvl.1

Netherlands

MagnusRobotFigh Posted at 2015-9-7 20:14
I'm hoping the next update will allow us to chart our waypoints using Google map and upload them b ...

that would also be great, but make waypoints on the map before you start flying is also great
again more fun with this update
2015-9-8
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

As far as a manual, try here.....   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 29855&fromuid=71509   and for me, no sucess yet, updated, checked and just came in from the outside, had it way up in the air and... no joy, no new screen with the functions, tried with both my Asus tablet and Koycera Android phone, nada. Really not sure what to try next.

versions.png
2015-9-8
Use props
hastingsfamily1
lvl.2

United States

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-8 17:31
As far as a manual, try here.....   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 29855&fromuid=71509   and f ...

Hi mrapl1,

I can see from your screen shot that you DID successfully update to aircraft firmware 1.4.10.  The remote controller did NOT require a firmware update at this point, so 1.3.20 is correct as well.

In order to see the new functions, you must:
1. enable multiple flight modes in menu
2. get your craft in the air (I forget if must be at/above 5 M?)
3. toggle the flight mode switch to F

Good luck!

Brian
2015-9-10
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

hastingsfamily1 Posted at 2015-9-10 22:54
Hi mrapl1,

I can see from your screen shot that you DID successfully update to aircraft firmware  ...

Brian,
   Yup, did all of that, and here is the mindnumbing part of all of this... had it for about a minute, made a screen shot so I had proof that I'm not going nuts, and have not been able to get it back since... Ugh....! I have now posted a request to anyone at DJI   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 30698&fromuid=71509   for specifics so that I might be able to locate where the root cause of this might be, by eliminating all of the other possible problems that might exist in this mix, not holding my breath for an answer on that one  either.
   So far three different mobile devices and they all act the same, so at this point my money for the culprit in all of this, is the the crash prone GO pilot app, and what I wouldnt give for a newer beta version at this point...! (Did you hear that DJI...! Pleezzze) Spent close to two grand on this thing so far with all of the accessories, and don't get me wrong, it's a great vehicle that gets stunning 4K, but to be crippled by a bad app... as Doctor Smith would have said "Oh the pain, the pain"
   Lastly, out of curiosity would just love to see someone do a poll of Android vs Apple and working vs crashing, don't think I've seen many Apple supporters with problems at this point.

Screenshot_2015-09-09-11-51-29.png
2015-9-10
Use props
ProFly
lvl.1

Germany

Hi everyone,
I upgraded the Firmware, which worked although i got the latest sdks firmware on the drone. I updated DJI go App. Took off, changed to f Mode, got enough satellites and all new functions appeared and worked well. I work with iOS devices. Good luck to everyone ;-)
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules