03 Air Unit signal loss & failsafe 15 feet away
371 4 2023-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PixxAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 914170 ft
United States

Some very odd behavior from the 03 Air Unit in my new GEPRC Cinelog 35 V2. Complete loss of signal and failsafe right next to my location. Details from the video description:

>>

Flew several packs that day and no other issues. This happened about 15 feet from me.  

The drone is a PNP GEPRC Cinelog 35 V2 only 2 weeks old, never crashed (yet!). Channel selection set to auto. Flying with DJI Goggles 2 and DJI FPV Controller 2. All firmware is current.

Have flown this about a dozen times at various distances and never seen this behavior.

Note that both signal strength indicators in the goggles are full strength and at 50 Mbps through the entire event. Drone is configured in FCC mode. Have rescue mode configured in BetaFlight 4.4.3 and works perfectly. No other drones being flown nearby when this happened,

I applied full power to fly out of it and after regaining control, finished the flight with no issues.

>>

Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. GPRC support is worthless based upon past experience with them.

Thanks very much!

2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Since the remote controller generally transmits signals in a fixed and front-facing direction, the signal connection strength between the remote controller and the aircraft will be attenuated when the aircraft flies beyond the signal coverage area of the remote controller signal (such as flying behind the operator). The antenna of the DJI Goggles is omnidirectional, and the image transmission signal will always maintain stable. If there is a large difference between the remote controller signal and the image transmission signal, the stick movement signal may be delayed or wrong, which will pose a risk to the operation, so the image transmission screen of the DJI Goggles prompts “RXLOSS”.
2023-11-18
Use props
PixxAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 914170 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-18 19:25
Hello, there. Since the remote controller generally transmits signals in a fixed and front-facing direction, the signal connection strength between the remote controller and the aircraft will be attenuated when the aircraft flies beyond the signal coverage area of the remote controller signal (such as flying behind the operator). The antenna of the DJI Goggles is omnidirectional, and the image transmission signal will always maintain stable. If there is a large difference between the remote controller signal and the image transmission signal, the stick movement signal may be delayed or wrong, which will pose a risk to the operation, so the image transmission screen of the DJI Goggles prompts “RXLOSS”.

Why did both signal strength indicators in the goggles remain at full strength and at 50 Mbps through the entire event?
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PixxAir Posted at 11-19 08:39
Why did both signal strength indicators in the goggles remain at full strength and at 50 Mbps through the entire event?

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Since the O3 air unit is used with a third-party flight controller, the content of the OSD will also be displayed according to the logic of the flight controller. When the flight controller detects that there has been a continuous loss of rods, "RXloss" may prompt. It is recommended that you adjust your flight position accordingly as DJI Wanda suggested and pay attention to flight safety. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_nI2eY4E1vQaM
lvl.1

Argentina

I had the same problem with a cinelog 35 v2. A few meters from where he was he lost signal. I had GPS disabled and set to DROP mode due to signal loss.
Luckily I was flying low, but I was 20 meters from the drone and in an almost direct position, there was no way I could lose signal.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kekfjt8mgo37h7mho88ys/DJI_0041.mp4?rlkey=da9eqxpj6t658wfpqx58kbp7l&dl=0
2-14 04:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules