Avata randomly flips upside down in manual mode
691 5 2023-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Man_cat_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128179 ft
United States

I just lost my first avata, I've been practicing in Sim for about 2 weeks now and this was my second flight. For some reason it seems to randomly flip forward and get stuck upside down. It happened 3 times to me today and the 3rd time resulted in it falling into a river. Is this a known issue?
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to hear that. May we know if you took back the aircraft? If you can get back the aircraft, you can submit an online repair request, If not, please click flyaway report. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-11-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are quite a view videos online about this (or a similar) problem. If you want to do freestyle the Avata is not your best choice but still these things shouldn't happen. Here's one video that might explain it a bit better:
2023-11-19
Use props
Man_cat_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128179 ft
United States

Depp Posted at 11-19 01:27
There are quite a view videos online about this (or a similar) problem. If you want to do freestyle the Avata is not your best choice but still these things shouldn't happen. Here's one video that might explain it a bit better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2syyEwDKXU

Thank you that explains it well. It's weird because I wasn't doing that aggressive of a maneuver I was simply yawning in the opposite direction of my turn. But it's probably the same issue
2023-11-19
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Man_cat_ Posted at 11-19 09:36
Thank you that explains it well. It's weird because I wasn't doing that aggressive of a maneuver I was simply yawning in the opposite direction of my turn. But it's probably the same issue

Yes, the Avata is a strange beast - does a lot well but acts strange at times. I must admit I hardly fly it anymore...
2023-11-19
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup textbook avata tumble
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now