Osmo Pocket 3 to small DNG Files
1022 11 2023-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giovanni ai2s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251240 ft
Germany

Hi DJI, please with the next Update, let the DNG Files in the same Size like the JPG´s. I make my Timelapses only with DNG. But 1280 x 720 is to small.

2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know in which editor you used for opening the DNG files? Please ensure to use PhotoShop to open the DNG files and check again. See if this solves your case.
2023-11-20
Use props
Giovanni ai2s
lvl.1
Germany

2023-11-20
Use props
Giovanni ai2s
lvl.1
Germany

It doesn´t matter about the editor ( I use Lightroom). The DNG Files ARE smaller then the JPG´s and I don´t understand why. Sure, most people are using the Osmo Pocket 3 for filming, but I also like the photographic features. So, if you have connections to the Software Guys at DJI, it would be nice to talk to them about that topic.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Giovanni ai2s Posted at 11-20 04:05
It doesn´t matter about the editor ( I use Lightroom). The DNG Files ARE smaller then the JPG´s and I don´t understand why. Sure, most people are using the Osmo Pocket 3 for filming, but I also like the photographic features. So, if you have connections to the Software Guys at DJI, it would be nice to talk to them about that topic.

Hello, there. RAW format is a kind of unprocessed and uncompressed format for original data obtained from the sensor. It is recommended to open images in this format with Adobe Photoshop. This cannot be opened directly through common software for viewing pictures. However, some picture viewing software (such as ACDsee) is able to parse and open a micro-image. The lateral resolution of the micro-image is 960 (the vertical resolution is determined based on the photo ratio). As such, we recommend using Adobe Photoshop to open DNG files.
2023-11-20
Use props
Giovanni ai2s
lvl.1
Germany

Alright, you wanna teach a photographer about RAW Files. Interesting. So I do a second try. Just tell me, why the OSMO Pocket 3 is doing the JPG in 3640 x 2160 pixels (4K) and the DNG just in 1280 x 720. This is illogical and in my opinion a software problem. Any Camera, even the cheapest, who are able to make RAW can do JPG with the same Resolution like the RAW.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Giovanni ai2s Posted at 11-21 04:12
Alright, you wanna teach a photographer about RAW Files. Interesting. So I do a second try. Just tell me, why the OSMO Pocket 3 is doing the JPG in 3640 x 2160 pixels (4K) and the DNG just in 1280 x 720. This is illogical and in my opinion a software problem. Any Camera, even the cheapest, who are able to make RAW can do JPG with the same Resolution like the RAW.

LR is able to edit the full resolution of the DNG photo. Please use camera RAW in DNG import option. It will show just 1280 x 720 on the folder but it is actually in full resolution when you use LR. Please check again. Thank you.
2023-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Giovanni ai2s Posted at 11-21 04:12

1280 x 720 is just the embedded preview image that windows can use to display the contents, when open ed in a real raw editor the resolution will be correct.
2023-11-22
Use props
Giovanni ai2s
lvl.1
Germany

Ok, I got it. You´re right. One problem solved. Thank you. The next Question is the GPS Location in the Meta Data. I guess that works only while connected to a smartphone and MIMO App.
2023-11-22
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-11-20 23:08
Hello, there. RAW format is a kind of unprocessed and uncompressed format for original data obtained from the sensor. It is recommended to open images in this format with Adobe Photoshop. This cannot be opened directly through common software for viewing pictures. However, some picture viewing software (such as ACDsee) is able to parse and open a micro-image. The lateral resolution of the micro-image is 960 (the vertical resolution is determined based on the photo ratio). As such, we recommend using Adobe Photoshop to open DNG files.

Gees. I appreciate your reply but you seem to know very little about photography. Why would you think Lightroom is Less of a preferred program to edit raw images than Photoshop using their in-app camera raw addon which is a simplified version of Lightroom.
2-24 04:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Giovanni ai2s Posted at 2023-11-22 04:58
Ok, I got it. You´re right. One problem solved. Thank you. The next Question is the GPS Location in the Meta Data. I guess that works only while connected to a smartphone and MIMO App.

The Pocket 3 doesnt have a GPS..  
2-26 02:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindgem Posted at 2-24 04:48
Gees. I appreciate your reply but you seem to know very little about photography. Why would you think Lightroom is Less of a preferred program to edit raw images than Photoshop using their in-app camera raw addon which is a simplified version of Lightroom.

Possibly because Lightroom can apply lens correct etc that native Photoshop wont do,  and for testing whether you are getting the right resolution from the Pocket 3 thats important.  
2-26 02:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules