Mavic Air 2 & Image Refresh Rate
500 5 2023-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryan_e_k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60121 ft

United States

My Mavic Air 2 is having an issue with the image refresh rate - it's not continuously updating as expected, rather, long gaps of time in-between image updates.  This makes the device unusable during flight as the camera cannot be relied on to accurately display.  The gimbal does react when the controller wheel on the remote is activated.  I last operated the device in early October without issues; since then I've made a few changes to my setup.  
Current devices/versions:

• Drone Firmware Version:  v01.01.1600
  • Remote Controller Version:  v04.11.0400
  • DJI Fly App Version:  1.11.8
  • Mobile Phone:  Google Pixel 8 Pro (very new, just received 2 days ago)
  • Android OS Version:  14 (Build:  UD1A.231105.004)

Any guidance on where the issue may lie?  Thanks in advance.
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. For confirmation, does the live feed on the app doesn't display in real-time during your flight? If so, please follow our recommendations below.

>  Update/Refresh the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
>  Update your DJI Fly app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
> Perform the RC calibration
> Use a different mobile device if possible.

Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest results. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-20
Use props
bryan_e_k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60121 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-20 02:48
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. For confirmation, does the live feed on the app doesn't display in real-time during your flight? If so, please follow our recommendations below.

>  Update/Refresh the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize the version of DJI Fly that installed from the Google Play Store on Friday was an older version.  I followed the link you provided to the latest version and not only was it very different visually, but also resolved the issue with the image refresh rate.  Problem solved!

Quick follow-up question, if I may about the 3rd of your suggestion:  How do I perform the "RC calibration"?  Is that the process initiated by a 4-second power button press on the drone battery (or pressing the two front buttons/top trigger simultaneously)?  I think there's a was through DJI Fly too?

Thanks again.
2023-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

bryan_e_k Posted at 11-20 05:56
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize the version of DJI Fly that installed from the Google Play Store on Friday was an older version.  I followed the link you provided to the latest version and not only was it very different visually, but also resolved the issue with the image refresh rate.  Problem solved!

Quick follow-up question, if I may about the 3rd of your suggestion:  How do I perform the "RC calibration"?  Is that the process initiated by a 4-second power button press on the drone battery (or pressing the two front buttons/top trigger simultaneously)?  I think there's a was through DJI Fly too?

It's fairly easy to calibrate the RC.  This video will demo it.  Start at 1:00.  

2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bryan_e_k Posted at 11-20 05:56
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize the version of DJI Fly that installed from the Google Play Store on Friday was an older version.  I followed the link you provided to the latest version and not only was it very different visually, but also resolved the issue with the image refresh rate.  Problem solved!

Quick follow-up question, if I may about the 3rd of your suggestion:  How do I perform the "RC calibration"?  Is that the process initiated by a 4-second power button press on the drone battery (or pressing the two front buttons/top trigger simultaneously)?  I think there's a was through DJI Fly too?

Hello, there. Thank you for your update.Connected the remote controller to the mobile device first, then open the DJI Fly app and go to the image transmission page. The path of the RC calibration:【DJI Live feed】-【...】-【Control】-【RC calibration】-【Start】then enter the calibration page and start to calibrate. Please push the control sticks and rotate the dial to their maximum range several times in all directions. At this time, you can click the "x" in the upper left corner to exit the calibration page or wait for the App to exit the page automatically. As shown below:

【Notice】

1. Disconnect the remote controller from the aircraft when calibrating the joysticks
2. Usually, the joysticks are abnormal (e.g. the joysticks are not in the central position), a di-di-di alarm sound will appear when the remote controller is turned on, and the joysticks need to be calibrated at this time.

Anyway, this is a recommendation regarding your other concern wherein the gimbal doesn't react on your remote controller. Please let us know about the latest information. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-23
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Update to the newest fly app, use the APK from the official DJI website, not the Play Store version.
Also make sure USB Debugging is on in developer options in Android.
Check if the USB cable is plugged in all the way on both ends.
Close other apps while flying.
Restart the phone after reinstalling the app to avoid issues.
I'm using a Pixel 6 on Android 14 with DJI Fly 1.12.3 (build 1070-official).
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules