DJI AIR 3 BUG - RC2 disconnecting from AIR 3 !!!!
12Next >
2342 60 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello,

Strange behaviour yesterday...
Fisrt flight, distance 300m, mountains area, over 20 sats, no interferences, signal full between RC2 and AIR 3.
Suddenly, RC2 disconnected from AIR 3....no warnings, no nothing....just lost all connections. I have been waiting for a few seconds, then restarted RC2 as was no sign of trying to reconnect... Nothing....selected manually AIR3 from RC2....nothing....
Only after the drone LANDED in Auto RTH made, the signal appeared on RC2 WITHOUT any action from me....

Lucky for me, was set for RTH instead of HOOVER...if was on hoover, probably was last day for that Air 3....

No updates were made before flight....No MicroSD changed, only the one I use all time... No different settings....

Will try to update the log in order to see what was happened, as I am very curious about this....
Before flight one short message of COMPASS CALIBRATION appeared, but dissapeared very fast as I have placed the drone on ground...(I thought is from proximity of phone or my jacket with different electronics...)

One more thing: A friend from group confirmed same behaviour at his AIR 3 + RC2, signal lost completely....then recovered after landing by itself. Before this, a short message with Compass Calibration appeared and dissapeared on screen, too short to believe that a Compass calibration is really needed.

And last impression: after this error, I have flight the drone until all my 4 batteries were depleated, WITHOUT making any compass or other calibration, and all flights were fine...so I have not managed to replicate this BUG....because is clearly a bug, as is behaving strange and without having some visible trigger...
2023-11-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your drone wants you to calibrate it won’t allow you to take off. Calibration has nothing to do with signal .
You obviously lost signal for whatever reason this can happen from time to time it happens with normal radio signals from time to time you get a block it could be caused by interference from many things.

If you had it in hover and you fly under the rules of VLOS then at 300m it would have been difficult to lose and if you had it on hover then you should have had a good reason for that.

It’s not a bug if it was we would hear it from plenty of people. It could be a problem with your drone but its not a problem for others, but loosing radio signal from close up to far away is something I’ve been reading about since I started flying drones and its not going to change and thats why we still have loss of signal RTH.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 09:45
If your drone wants you to calibrate it won’t allow you to take off. Calibration has nothing to do with signal .
You obviously lost signal for whatever reason this can happen from time to time it happens with normal radio signals from time to time you get a block it could be caused by interference from many things.

If you read, I was in Mountains, the drone was in front of me in sight and THE SIGNAL WAS NOT BLOCKED, but the RC just disconnected.
Was not reconnecring even at 3 meters from me, only After landed.
But you jump to conclusions as usual, with Pilot fault... Well, look at this, is no pilot fault as I know how it works...
Next time you can skip my posts, you have nothing to say but Dji is perfect, pilot error.
Skip it.
2023-11-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-20 10:32
If you read, I was in Mountains, the drone was in front of me in sight and THE SIGNAL WAS NOT BLOCKED, but the RC just disconnected.
Was not reconnecring even at 3 meters from me, only After landed.
But you jump to conclusions as usual, with Pilot fault... Well, look at this, is no pilot fault as I know how it works...

As I said the forum is littered with disconnects both close up or far away  and thats why you have RTH loss of signal. And your point about hover is ridiculous because who flys in the mountains and chooses hover.

The problem is yours . I never mentioned dji being perfect thats you not been able to read. I never mentioned pilot error. If you took the time to read its very simple you lost signal your drone returned thats what its supposed to do , mountains are synonymous with breaks in radio signals …the fact you mentioned calibration was a real sign you hadn’t a clue. But just like you forecast the overheating on the pocket 3 completely wrong its my guess you know very little goodbye.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 10:57
As I said the forum is littered with disconnects both close up or far away  and thats why you have RTH loss of signal. And your point about hover is ridiculous because who flys in the mountains and chooses hover.

The problem is yours . I never mentioned dji being perfect thats you not been able to read. I never mentioned pilot error. If you took the time to read its very simple you lost signal your drone returned thats what its supposed to do , mountains are synonymous with breaks in radio signals …the fact you mentioned calibration was a real sign you hadn’t a clue. But just like you forecast the overheating on the pocket 3 completely wrong its my guess you know very little goodbye.

David, I can fly in your mother's home, when I see the drone in front of me, the signal between RC2 and drone should not disconnect.
Period.
Is not about interference or obstacles in front of me, or signal scrambled by some routers...so stop ...ting the post with your idiotic ideas...Is written in DJI specs that the RC2 and Air 3 can disconnect in mid flight at a few meters distance JUST BECAUSE... ?
You spread missinformation here...like usual.
2023-11-20
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Please note a similar (not exactly the same) event with an Air 2 after being updated to the new RID firmware -- https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... ;extra=#pid3182920.  (Geo-Drone did not say the state of his firmware.)  Also note that the MavicPilots forum reports, "We have seen issues like this before..."

The question in both cases is not why the RC lost communications with the AC, but why communication was not automatically re-established! -- jclarkw
2023-11-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-20 11:53
David, I can fly in your mother's home, when I see the drone in front of me, the signal between RC2 and drone should not disconnect.
Period.
Is not about interference or obstacles in front of me, or signal scrambled by some routers...so stop ...ting the post with your idiotic ideas...Is written in DJI specs that the RC2 and Air 3 can disconnect in mid flight at a few meters distance JUST BECAUSE... ?

Why whine why not do something about it. In fact you are a serial returner of drones as one who seems to end up with the bad one all the time its normal for you. Let us know the outcome
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Some strange thing also (not for Hallmark, as he is an ignorant)...All pictures after disconnecting were blurred like the main lens optics stopped to work or the chipset made a strange compression of image....
Attached the pics directly from drone.
The size of pics is normal...compression is strange.
After a few minutes the other pics were OK...Card is good, already checked, so this is not the answer.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/sh ... YFmV0r8ua0stQttsBkX
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

jclarkw Posted at 11-20 11:55
Please note a similar (not exactly the same) event with an Air 2 after being updated to the new RID firmware -- https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=301702&page=1&extra=#pid3182920.  (Geo-Drone did not say the state of his firmware.)  Also note that the MavicPilots forum reports, "We have seen issues like this before..."

The question in both cases is not why the RC lost communications with the AC, but why communication was not automatically re-established! -- jclarkw

Perfect point.
The firmware is last one, both on RC2 and AIR 3.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Flight LOG added to folder.

2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

JJB*
The txt file with flight log is in the PCLOUD folder from above....Can you help me with your interpretation please?
Thank you.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Seems that all video and photo from MAIN camera 24mm was screwed in that session...the 70mm camera worked fine, the 24mm camera was overblurred...
Next flight was fine...so...need to investigate it further...
Probably this is one of the reasons that some members CLAIM to have main camera TOASTED and at receival of the drone DJI says that it is OK....
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. Please try to connect your aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. I will also post a remote controller antenna orientation to gain a better signal for your future reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 22:28
Hello. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. Please try to connect your aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. I will also post a remote controller antenna orientation to gain a better signal for your future reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Paladin,

What are you talking about here?????
At 6 meters from RC I can keep the remote in my underwear, the signal should not be disconnected.
I understand you post predefined messages, but stop a second and read, look at flight log, then post something like this...because here we talk about some else then usual "i have a tree in front of my RC"...
For your info, the drone was at 200 meters, up to 300 meters as I was going up to a mountain, with perfect line of sight and ANTENNAS very good oriented.
Question is: WHY THE RC WAS NOT CONNECTED TO DRONE UNTIL THE DRONE LANDED ?????????????????
That is what interest me.
Thank you for taking time not to read all thing.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 22:28

[view_image]

Also this is not explaining WHY the pics and video was blurred like main camera stopped to AF and entered in a strange MF, even if was in AF....
Also after a restart, worked...but this is a sign of big wonder, as all videos and photos were ruined at that session...and the screen is so small that you have no idea if the camera is OK or not.
2023-11-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

I have uploaded full Dat log file to Jason Juncai.
Waiting for Now...
2023-11-21
Use props
PhantomDj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98507 ft

Greece

At the log you posted, the altitude jumps from 121m to 300m during the upset.
Since the drone was set to maximum altitude of 115m, I would think that something messed up it's GPS reception and probably the communication with the remote.
I don't think the 300m altitude was real, but you'll have to confirm. If the drone stayed in place before RTH, then obviously for some reason it got confused.
It even shows an altitude of 300m at 6 meters distance from Home!
2023-11-22
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhantomDj Posted at 11-22 14:30
Since the drone was set to maximum altitude of 115m, I would think that something messed up it's GPS reception and probably the communication with the remote.
I don't think the 300m altitude was real, but you'll have to confirm. If the drone stayed in place before RTH, then obviously for some reason it got confused.

If you check the partial log he posted you can clearly see data signal dropped so there was plenty of time for him to raise the craft he also got warnings about exceeding height for the area he was flying in. DJI paladin correctly pointed out to him that his antenna’s were likely pointing the wrong way up 300m and 6m from home point sticks need to point directly up and no diagonally something he never mentioned changing . If he didn't change direction of the antenna when craft was 300m high and 6m from home it would have the same effect as if he was behind a building.
The only way we would know if full log was posted then we could tell if he was pushing left stick forward to cause craft to rise.

My guess looking at the partial log is he was 300m high and he put the craft up that high .
2023-11-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

PhantomDj Posted at 11-22 14:30

The drone was at 300m high as it was going up to mountain.
The distance from me to drone was 200m.
At RTH the drone was going straight to Home point with same altitude of 300m, as is also in MANUAL specified the procedure in case of signal drop.

The LOG shows that drone lost signal with RC totally, not gaining it again. Only after landing was getting the signal.

Also the DAT file was sent to DJI for analysis.

The issue is not the inclining of RC or antennas, as some amateurs specifies, because at a few meters you can put antenna in any direction at that approach, will have enough signal.

The issue i believe is related to a potential BUG that cuts the comm between them and is not reestablishing it properly, as the drone reconnected by itself only AFTER IT LANDED and AFTER was cut off power to propellers.
PS. TXT LOG is on PCLOUD as I posted it...can be seen the issue very clear.

Cheers.
2023-12-5
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-5 02:12
The drone was at 300m high as it was going up to mountain.
The distance from me to drone was 200m.
At RTH the drone was going straight to Home point with same altitude of 300m, as is also in MANUAL specified the procedure in case of signal drop.

If it’s a bug it’s your bug, I don’t see anyone else with the problem. If you don’t correctly point the antennas you're danger of loosing the signal or rendering it weak, the fact you don’t know this is very telling indeed and I can see you’re talking about yourself when mentioning amateur because if you did any training or spent time to read the manual you’d know how to point your antennas when your drone is flying and pointing them in any direction when the drone is flying is probably the most amateurish line I’ve ever read on this forum. Might be time to send another drone back to dji you cannot operate…
2023-12-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 08:40
If it’s a bug it’s your bug, I don’t see anyone else with the problem. If you don’t correctly point the antennas you're danger of loosing the signal or rendering it weak, the fact you don’t know this is very telling indeed and I can see you’re talking about yourself when mentioning amateur because if you did any training or spent time to read the manual you’d know how to point your antennas when your drone is flying and pointing them in any direction when the drone is flying is probably the most amateurish line I’ve ever read on this forum. Might be time to send another drone back to dji you cannot operate…

Go disturb yourself.
I do not need your pointless ideas here.
You can stick your RC în your pants, you will still get a signal at 5 meters from you, so cut the crap with manual and so on...
I was operating drones when you were still playing with your remote in sand.
2023-12-6
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,

Just to mention almost same problem with my AIr3 /Rc2 :
I was at home in my garden, doing tests.
Air 3 was flying at +- 2.5 meters high, above its home point.
I was standing à +- 4 meters from the drone, playing with camera settings.

Rc2 lost control, and the drone did not land. I did a Rc2 reset, but was unable to reconnect to the Air3.
So, I did wait below the drone to catch it when the battery would get empty, but after several minutes, the drone landed alone, and Rc2 reconnected alone.

I rebooted everything, got same problem, but switching Rc2 Off/On again was enough to reconnect to the drone after a while.
Unable to try to catch the drone with gloves and a garden ladder, because the drone raised up to avoid my hand !

This never happened again, but I know it will happen again, as I do not understand what might have been the problem.

I did use that same place with a Pv2+, an Air and an Air2, and never got that disconnection problem.
No road, no building - the nearest neigbour is living at more than 300 meters.

Of course, rc2 and Air3 were updated using my computer and an Usb Cable before doing the failing tests !
All batteries were updated too.
Rc2 was almost 100%, Air 3 batterie was above 50% - more than enough to play with camera settings in my garden at home.

Using logs did not help : just a lost connection message ... I did try the 1 one week trial of log viewer app to be able to read messages.

Antenas orientation was Ok (I use Dji drones for years now ... Pv2+ ...)

Edit : its winter time, I do not use the Air3 a lot during this period.
I did several tests inside and did not get any disconnection problem.
2023-12-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

rdsb Posted at 12-6 11:03
Hello,

Just to mention almost same problem with my AIr3 /Rc2 :

I have tried to find a reason too or at least to replicate the issue, was not succesfull.
Dji was lying în my face after i have uploaded to them the Dat file of 1.5 GB of data from flight, saying that they cannot give me an answer Because.... Hold on.... That is good... Because i have not a screen recording from that moment ))))).
After this, main camera remained blurred for a while, like was in Manual Focus... Still, în back was seen that peak is working, this giving me another question related to error...
I am starting to believe that is a problem with main board and a chipset that is not properly fixed, in cold weather starting to disconnect the loose pins, but this is only a supposition, as my LOG shows the same: comm zero between Rc and drone, just lost connection until drone landed and stopped the propellers... Then and only then the comm reconnected.
But if you take some amateur word, is about you and not reading manual )))
2023-12-6
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-6 11:36
I have tried to find a reason too or at least to replicate the issue, was not succesfull.
Dji was lying în my face after i have uploaded to them the Dat file of 1.5 GB of data from flight, saying that they cannot give me an answer Because.... Hold on.... That is good... Because i have not a screen recording from that moment ))))).
After this, main camera remained blurred for a while, like was in Manual Focus... Still, în back was seen that peak is working, this giving me another question related to error...

No it’s not about reading the manual. But when you say you can point the RC in any direction and be guaranteed good signal. Then it’s time to read the manual. Also poster above should also read the manual. If within 5m loss of signal will result in the aircraft landing in 6 seconds if this didn’t happen its not because of a problem with loss of signal. Once aircraft is within 5m it will land not reconnect and it doesn’t matter if you stand on your head it will land and you will know this if you RTFM not amateurish but best advice.
Using drones for years doesn’t exclude people from advice to RTM loss of signal and what happens at what distances vary a lot with drones particularly old to new drones.
2023-12-6
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
France

Hello Hallmark007.
You wrote :
If within 5m loss of signal will result in the aircraft landing in 6 seconds if this didn’t happen its not because of a problem with loss of signal.

My drone did NOT land in 6 seconds, AND Rc2 and drone were disconnected.
I never mentioned a loss of signal, I mentioned a disconnection.
What else could I do except waiting under my drone after Rc2 reboot and +- 10 minutes waiting ? I could not reboot Air3 as it was flying.
Of course I did read the manual. And I try EVERY option when I receive a new device. I also read the manual again after a couple of months, because I forget some tricks !

Video was Ok and Rc2 disconnected.
A signal loss = video becomes white and black displaying last picture.
Both cases : you cannot control your drone.

2023-12-6
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rdsb Posted at 12-6 22:12
Hello Hallmark007.
You wrote :
If within 5m loss of signal will result in the aircraft landing in 6 seconds if this didn’t happen its not because of a problem with loss of signal.

If your drone disconnects from RC thats loss of signal IE Radio signal and within 5m it should land after 6 seconds , it shouldn’t reconnect it should land. You ask what you could do , 1/ turn off RC 2/ hit RTH both of these will insure your drone lands after 6 seconds which it should have done when you lost RC signal.

You said yours was the same as OP but his signal loss was data loss yours was radio loss.
2023-12-7
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
France

Turning On and off Rc2 did not help as written above,
RTH button : no effect,
no Rc2 input were executed by the drone.
The video only was still working on the Rc2 screen as it was not a signal loss but a Rc2 disconnection problem.

This is why I say there was something wrong.

And I agree with Geo-Drone : if you start RC2 and drone, antennas can be in any direction, they will always communicate.
It doesn't matter if the drone is within reach.
Of course, it is important to set them correctly to fly the drone somewhere. In my case, antennas were correctly set as I always set them correctly..

My drone was always  within reach when it disconnected. Drone did not move somewhere before disconnection occured, it just took off.
I just wanted to test picture and video settings. And problem occured after some minutes.
I mean I could not then move the drone, I could not change video settings, camera orientation, RH button everything failed. Only the video display on the screen was OK.
2023-12-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rdsb Posted at 12-7 04:08
Turning On and off Rc2 did not help as written above,
RTH button : no effect,
no Rc2 input were executed by the drone.

I think what you are saying maybe you have a problem but without logs it’s impossible to say. But your problem is not the same as the problem above , go read it again you will see this .
If you post the log it will show any stick movements it will show any switch off and switch on it will show why and how it eventually landed , but so far this is not a common bug and if it is a problem you know will happen again then you have a problem and should report it.
The reason for failsafe RTH etc and drone landing are there as failsafe because this kind of thing can happen and once again you cannot point your antennas anywhere when your drone is in the air no matter how close. And the OP's drone was in the air. On the ground he or anyone else could not fly the drone without "radio signal"
2023-12-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-7 05:12
I think what you are saying maybe you have a problem but without logs it’s impossible to say. But your problem is not the same as the problem above , go read it again you will see this .
If you post the log it will show any stick movements it will show any switch off and switch on it will show why and how it eventually landed , but so far this is not a common bug and if it is a problem you know will happen again then you have a problem and should report it.
The reason for failsafe RTH etc and drone landing are there as failsafe because this kind of thing can happen and once again you cannot point your antennas anywhere when your drone is in the air no matter how close. And the OP's drone was in the air. On the ground he or anyone else could not fly the drone without "radio signal"

David, he lost COMM... not video feed, but comm as me.
STOP BS. You keep saying like an idiot that is not an issue and drone antenna need orientation.
It is an issue at your brain as from 6m far you can put the RC în your ass and I guarantee you that will have signal.
I have posted the full LOG, you have no idea how to interpret it but you keep saying dumb things.
2023-12-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-7 09:52
David, he lost COMM... not video feed, but comm as me.
STOP BS. You keep saying like an idiot that is not an issue and drone antenna need orientation.
It is an issue at your brain as from 6m far you can put the RC în your ass and I guarantee you that will have signal.

Don’t be an idiot all you life and Learn to read. I said it could be a bug but your bug and you know that every piece of dji equipment you own you’ve had bugs that no one even heard of. So stop being a clown send your drone into dji again and they will fix it for you . It’s obvious that there is almost no interest in this thread because this is not a common bug its just one of those bugs you always get to compensate for the fact you know nothing about drones.
2023-12-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-7 11:31
Don’t be an idiot all you life and Learn to read. I said it could be a bug but your bug and you know that every piece of dji equipment you own you’ve had bugs that no one even heard of. So stop being a clown send your drone into dji again and they will fix it for you . It’s obvious that there is almost no interest in this thread because this is not a common bug its just one of those bugs you always get to compensate for the fact you know nothing about drones.

Then why are you so interested to minimize it
....??
3 persons got same issue....
1 = strange.
2 = coincidence
3 = issue.
So please, leave this thread and concentrate at others... Is clear that you have a special interest in this forum... Dji marked your intervention în minimizing the issue and attempt to put us in a position of Guilty amateurs...but at the End is only one Juda here... Or David...
Bye
2023-12-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-8 06:16
Then why are you so interested to minimize it
....??
3 persons got same issue....

Really how dumb are you, there are only two people on this thread with a problem and both problems are not the same . So go look at the thread again and this time count it won’t be too hard for you as all you have to count up is “1” and as you said yourself “STRANGE”
2023-12-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-8 11:01
Really how dumb are you, there are only two people on this thread with a problem and both problems are not the same . So go look at the thread again and this time count it won’t be too hard for you as all you have to count up is “1”  and as you said yourself “STRANGE”

Bye, David....
2023-12-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

1 very Strange
2023-12-8
Use props
fansd46552c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4377854 ft
France

This sudden disconnection problem, with the drone. DJI air 3 and the RC 2, seems frequent enough to be worrying. In fact, even though I'm an experienced pilot (well over a hundred hours on the Mavic Pro and 2 Pro), I've never experienced such a lack of reliability: ca. fifty flights and two sudden disconnections occurred!
The first, at a distance of 5 m and an altitude of 10 m (given the short distance, landed immediately in the vineyards) and the second at a distance of 69 m and an altitude of 30 m (RTH activated and returned safely... see screenshot at the time of the sudden disconnection, everything was nominal).
Although the other flights went off without a hitch, my confidence in this equipment was somewhat shaken! Fortunately, this is a fairly inexpensive drone since I first wanted to buy a Mavic 3.
note: all parameters (firmware, etc.) were up to the latest standards.
In my opinion, that can't in no way be explained by faulty use or an adverse environment.
IMG_0972.jpeg
2023-12-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansd46552c9 Posted at 12-9 01:43
This sudden disconnection problem, with the drone. DJI air 3 and the RC 2, seems frequent enough to be worrying. In fact, even though I'm an experienced pilot (well over a hundred hours on the Mavic Pro and 2 Pro), I've never experienced such a lack of reliability: ca. fifty flights and two sudden disconnections occurred!
The first, at a distance of 5 m and an altitude of 10 m (given the short distance, landed immediately in the vineyards) and the second at a distance of 69 m and an altitude of 30 m (RTH activated and returned safely... see screenshot at the time of the sudden disconnection, everything was nominal).
Although the other flights went off without a hitch, my confidence in this equipment was somewhat shaken! Fortunately, this is a fairly inexpensive drone since I first wanted to buy a Mavic 3.

Seems strange 50 flights and your air 3 still hasn’t activated yet. Just saying. Would 26 flights no problems with disconnections show excellent reliability.
2023-12-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-9 07:08
Seems strange 50 flights and your air 3 still hasn’t activated yet. Just saying. Would 26 flights no problems with disconnections show excellent reliability.

So what David is saying is that if you drive your car 100 times but remains without brakes 2 times, is a reliable car, I mean 98 times worked flawlessly.

I wish to be his car... )))))))))))))))))
2023-12-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-13 00:34
So what David is saying is that if you drive your car 100 times but remains without brakes 2 times, is a reliable car, I mean 98 times worked flawlessly.

I wish to be his car... )))))))))))))))))

No what I said was first you need to activate, running a car you don’t have is very difficult. Also 1 person with a problem is just that one person, its not a problem with all air 3 as you try to make out .
2023-12-13
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-13 08:13
No what I said was first you need to activate, running a car you don’t have is very difficult. Also 1 person with a problem is just that one person, its not a problem with all air 3 as you try to make out .

What i have said is that 3 people had the issue.
Not all, not 1, but a specific 3 persons.
This is why I have uploaded a full 1.6 Gb DAT file to DJI to investigate the cause.
If there are many....probably, maybe, I do not know, I do not care...when a disconnection happened at 3 drones, I call it an "event needed to be carefully diagnosed", not a total failure of all Air3 drones.

DJI uses this reports to see if is not an issue in their soft or hardware, as we know that 6 months a drone need to be debugged, as they launch it quickly and we are the real testers.

Try to read and filter through IQ.
2023-12-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-14 01:18
What i have said is that 3 people had the issue.
Not all, not 1, but a specific 3 persons.
This is why I have uploaded a full 1.6 Gb DAT file to DJI to investigate the cause.

No only one with the problem thats you, one complaining doesn’t own a air 3 yet he said he flew it 50 times thats BS the other has not posted logs so we don’t know what’s wrong. So still 1 a non event.
2023-12-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules