455 18 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The first day of the in-Depp series of my England-Autumn-Heritage trip: Mam Tor was rainy, Chapel Milton was a surprise that I hadn't planed: Two viaducts in light rain so no fpv either. After breakfast I fly at the Monsale Head viaduct that was devoid of people - and I almost lost signal while noticing a steel band in my path (watch to the end for this one!). Couldn't find a parking space at Thor's Cave so I just sent the Mini in light rain - I guess I'll have to come back for a closer look and to fly fpv.
Next stop is Croxden Abbey, founded 1179 and suppressed 1538, Ashby de la Zouch castle, built mainly around 1480, a flight to Grace Dieu Priory (thank you, Pinned on Places, for bringing it to my attention!), Leicester Cathedral (closed), Leicester Jewry Wall (from Roman times, closed).
A real marble is Kirby Muxloe Castle from 1480 (never finished because the owner was beheaded 1483, closed).
Coventry Cathedral is a place for mixed feelings. On the one hand there is shame and regret for the German bombs that destroyed the medieval cathedral, on the other hand hope and forgiveness and surprising beauty in the new cathedral from 1962.
Kenilworth Castle is a huge place, originating in a medieval castle keep but much enlarged in the 1570s for the visits of Queen Elizabeth I. to one of her favorites, the Earl of Leicester.
The last stop for the day is cute little Rushton Triangular Lodge, a tiny house built to praise the Holy Trinity: everything here comes in sets of threes: three floors, three windows per row and strangest of all: three sides.

Drones: DJI Mini 3 Pro, iFlight Nazgul Evoque (GoPro 10), Flywoo Explorer 4 LR, additional footage DJI Osmo Pocket

Music: Audiio.com

2023-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, what a fantastic mini-tour of Coventry and Kenilworth areas.  I saw lots of opportunity for places at Thor's Cave to get in some FPV flights so hopefully next trip they weather will be better at that location.  So many historical buildings to enjoy in this video but I got to say the Triangular Lodge got my vote as favorite because of it's truly unique shape.  Awesome job on this video Depp.  
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-20 08:41
Wow, what a fantastic mini-tour of Coventry and Kenilworth areas.  I saw lots of opportunity for places at Thor's Cave to get in some FPV flights so hopefully next trip they weather will be better at that location.  So many historical buildings to enjoy in this video but I got to say the Triangular Lodge got my vote as favorite because of it's truly unique shape.  Awesome job on this video Depp.

Thanks a lot, Downtown, and I'm with you there: Would've loved to fly fpv at Thor's Cave and really dig Rushton. Been inside 1998 I think and though it was rather unadorned it was a great experience.
Have a great one!
2023-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 11-20 10:14
Thanks a lot, Downtown, and I'm with you there: Would've loved to fly fpv at Thor's Cave and really dig Rushton. Been inside 1998 I think and though it was rather unadorned it was a great experience.
Have a great one!

My pleasure Depp.  I always enjoy watching your videos.  Hope your week is off to a great start.
2023-11-20
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Spectacular footage, Depp...the history of those places is fascinating, I have not traveled to Europe but is a pleasure to get to see the history via you're very cool FPV.
Thanks for sharing.
2023-11-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry the weather wasn't kind to you in my home county Depp!   What an incredible series from your visit - you packed so much into the time available. Superb, as always.
2023-11-20
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage indeed
2023-11-20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful Footage.
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Cacike47 Posted at 11-20 10:45
Spectacular footage, Depp...the history of those places is fascinating, I have not traveled to Europe but is a pleasure to get to see the history via you're very cool FPV.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much, glad I can show you around a bit. And it lets me revisit it as well watching my own stuff... Lots more to come in the next weeks.
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 11-20 12:53
Sorry the weather wasn't kind to you in my home county Depp!   What an incredible series from your visit - you packed so much into the time available. Superb, as always.

Weather could've been better but much worse as well. I had not too much wind to fight and only one place I couldn't fly at all (Goodrich: as EH doesn't like drones I'd have had to take off from pretty far away and as it was light rain all the time and heavier in between I didn't want to risk it).
Yes, I've been cramming in quite a bit into those 7 full days. When I read those guide books I got I realize that there would've been much more in some of the sights I could've taken in if I had done it more slowly.
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Codgerzh2 Posted at 11-20 15:11
Beautiful footage indeed

Thanks a lot!
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks, glad you like it.
2023-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well Thors Cave is definitely going on the list.    Crazy good footage Depp.  
2023-11-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-20 22:29
Weather could've been better but much worse as well. I had not too much wind to fight and only one place I couldn't fly at all (Goodrich: as EH doesn't like drones I'd have had to take off from pretty far away and as it was light rain all the time and heavier in between I didn't want to risk it).
Yes, I've been cramming in quite a bit into those 7 full days. When I read those guide books I got I realize that there would've been much more in some of the sights I could've taken in if I had done it more slowly.

Yes. What you did could be described as a Whistle-Stop tour. Not allowing yourself time to appreciate all the sights. But you achieved an incredible amount in those seven days
2023-11-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 00:15
Well Thors Cave is definitely going on the list.    Crazy good footage Depp.

Thanks a lot, DA! Glad you like it.
And even from afar it looks very cool.
2023-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-21 04:24
Thanks a lot, DA! Glad you like it.
And even from afar it looks very cool.