REMOTE ID SERIAL NUMBER
3389 4 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waruna_DJI
New

United States

Hello,

I purchased a DJI Air 3 drone yesterday. To fly this for recreational purposes, I need to register the device on the FAA website. But I don't see the model listed under "Find your aircraft Declaration of Compliance". But because I knew Air3 was also in compliance with the rules, I selected yes and proceeded. But now I am stuck in finding the Remote ID SN. Could someone who uses this drone help me with my registration purposes?

Thank You
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. DJI Air 3 supports FAA RID requirements with the factory firmware version, while it takes time to have this update on the FAA Official Website due to the changes in the format of the materials required by the FAA to apply for RID compliance. DJI is actively communicating with the FAA in a timely manner, and it is expected that AIR 3 will be announced on the FAA website soon. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2023-11-20
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote ID serial number is the same as the air craft serial number. You can find that in the settings of DJI fly or on the box that your air 3 came in. Also note that the air 3 along with some other new models of DJI drones are not on the FAA DOC list yet. According to everyone I've talked too about it, we should be ok to fly until March of 2024 though.
2023-11-21
Use props
fans5c34051a
New

United States

JodyB Posted at 2023-11-21 07:26
The remote ID serial number is the same as the air craft serial number. You can find that in the settings of DJI fly or on the box that your air 3 came in. Also note that the air 3 along with some other new models of DJI drones are not on the FAA DOC list yet. According to everyone I've talked too about it, we should be ok to fly until March of 2024 though.
So, I can fly my DJI Air 3 unregistered until March something 2024? Also, I am assuming we still need to use Laanc to approve launch for controlled airspace areas?
1-31 22:39
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5c34051a Posted at 1-31 22:39
So, I can fly my DJI Air 3 unregistered until March something 2024? Also, I am assuming we still need to use Laanc to approve launch for controlled airspace areas?

Not anymore. The Air 3 now appears on the FAA's DOC list and is fully compliant with RID now. And yes, you would need a waiver prior to any flights in controlled air space.
2-12 02:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules