Dji Air 2s didnt want to land
646 7 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djitobi77
lvl.2
Germany

Hello alltogether,

a few days ago i had a strange problem, similair to a problem in another thread, but even there was no solution...

i was flying shortly, but there might have been something in the air, i lost connection between controller and aircraft... after a few seconds the aircraft returned to the startingpoint, just like it should...then i moved a few steps away to another startingpoint to give it another try...after a few seconds of flying, the drone behaved strange, the steeringcommands were made with a little delay and i lost connection again, but in this case, the drone didnt return, it just hoovered on that point, not more than 20 meters away from me...i switched the controller off and on like 3 or four times, nothing happened, didnt get back the connection and all i could do is to wait, until the battery was empty and the aircraft luckily landend smoothly...
what could be the problem?? i dont want that to happen again...i use the drone for my job, and until now i didnt had any problems with it...
in the second the drone landend, the connection was back there, and i checked, that in the settings was definately definated, that it should return to home, not hoovering or something else...afterwards i saw, that there was a firmware-update necessary, but even in that case, it shouldnt be, that it doesnt come home, when it looses connection...im afraid now to use it...

btw, i dont have the smart-controller, i fly with android-phone..

any idea anyone to solve this problem or who else i can ask??

cheers

tobi

2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of both the aircraft and remote controller. You may also back up all necessary files on your DJI Fly app then reinstall it and have a test flight in a different location to check. Please note that the distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. Thank you.
2023-11-21
Use props
djitobi77
lvl.2
Belarus

Hey Paladin, thanx a lit for your quik reply...
i know, it can happen, that the connection can get lost, that happens to me before, luckily just for a few seconds...im just worried about  the fact, that the drone refused to land since it losts the connection to the controller...this shouldnt happen, even when the firmware is different and/or outdated...
i updated the firmware now, but didnt had the chance yet to try it out...ill let you know if theres still a problem...

cheers

tobi
2023-11-22
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

If the firmware was very old then it may have been the issue. Should always keep the firmware up to date especially with the A2S which had a lot of problems originally and had many firmware updates to correct the issues. Also you should always have the most current DJI Fly app version as in some cases they need to match the firmware/ software combination in order to work properly. Unless the aircraft has some sort of hardware problem this is not normal. I’m guessing if the firmware is up to date now along with the DJI Fly app it will work as designed. You should also do an IMU and compass calibration after any firmware update or even refresh. Doesn’t hurt and ensures everything is correct. Just a few thoughts and suggestion's for future flights. Enjoy.
2023-11-22
Use props
djitobi77
lvl.2
Germany

Hey wyldwestaz...thanx a lot for the additional informations...it calms me a bit down ;)
everything is updated now, as soon ill have the chance, i test it out...

Thanx guys
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djitobi77 Posted at 11-22 00:44
Hey Paladin, thanx a lit for your quik reply...
i know, it can happen, that the connection can get lost, that happens to me before, luckily just for a few seconds...im just worried about  the fact, that the drone refused to land since it losts the connection to the controller...this shouldnt happen, even when the firmware is different and/or outdated...
i updated the firmware now, but didnt had the chance yet to try it out...ill let you know if theres still a problem...

Hello. We appreciate your understanding with this one and please keep us posted after you perform the test flights so we can check the behavior. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-26
Use props
djitobi77
lvl.2
United States

Hello again...
so, after a bad weather period and a lack of time, i managed to make some flights after updating all firmwares...and what can i say, it got better, but not perfekt....i lost connection again on quite short distances like 50m or less, even on different locations...luckily this time the RTH worked well, but every time i had to wait until the drone was close to landing, like 5m in front of me, that the connection was back again...
and i remember, before that issue, i never had problems like this, i flew with distances like 300m and more without ever loosing connection...so what coild be the problem?? all firmwares are updated and refreshed...

thanx for any answer...
2-2 05:27
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

djitobi77 Posted at 2-2 05:27
Hello again...
so, after a bad weather period and a lack of time, i managed to make some flights after updating all firmwares...and what can i say, it got better, but not perfekt....i lost connection again on quite short distances like 50m or less, even on different locations...luckily this time the RTH worked well, but every time i had to wait until the drone was close to landing, like 5m in front of me, that the connection was back again...
and i remember, before that issue, i never had problems like this, i flew with distances like 300m and more without ever loosing connection...so what coild be the problem?? all firmwares are updated and refreshed...

I would say the problem could be a bad remote control as an option.  I would contact DJI to see if the remote is having issues.
2-13 06:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules