Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight 10 Mareeba
305 11 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bazz8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 773970 ft
Australia

Australia has some of the wierdest drone rules almost every national park No drone flights
in spite of being 100s kilometers from anything.
So I found the spot near a river to fly the drone, narrow so a semi circular flight path

Enjoy
2023-11-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6180449 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frustrating to be so restricted, I get that.  Nice little spot for a picnic. The river looked tame enough. I notice you've got the gimbal set to FPV mode, giving that tilt on turns. I've not tried that so far. D'you find it easy to manage?
2023-11-22
Use props
Bazz8
Second Officer
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 00:31
Frustrating to be so restricted, I get that.  Nice little spot for a picnic. The river looked tame enough. I notice you've got the gimbal set to FPV mode, giving that tilt on turns. I've not tried that so far. D'you find it easy to manage?

To be honest I don,t know this was flight 10
So the FVP thing is a mystery.
Having said that I change course at times.
2023-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice little park area and a great place to put the drone up.  Nice flying.  
2023-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bazz8 Posted at 11-22 02:03
To be honest I don,t know this was flight 10
So the FVP thing is a mystery.
Having said that I change course at times.

The difference between follow and FPV mode on DJI gimbal:
Follow Mode: The gimbal compensates for aircraft Tilt and Pitch to keep video image steady and the horizon horizontal. Good for taking video.
FPV Mode: Camera is locked to Aircraft orientation so video image will tilt when the aircraft rolls.
You seem to have yours set to FPV mode. You can switch between them in the settings menu.
2023-11-22
Use props
Bazz8
Second Officer
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 08:27
The difference between follow and FPV mode on DJI gimbal:
Follow Mode: The gimbal compensates for aircraft Tilt and Pitch to keep video image steady and the horizon horizontal. Good for taking video.
FPV Mode: Camera is locked to Aircraft orientation so video image will tilt when the aircraft rolls.

I am pretty sure it is not set on FVP mode but in those early days anything was possible,
I was feeling a little more confident than at the start.
The frustrating thing was there were so many spots I could have flown yet time restraints
seemed to crowd my flying.
2023-11-22
Use props
Bazz8
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-22 03:54
Very nice little park area and a great place to put the drone up.  Nice flying.

Thankyou the creek looked very serine but had a fall to one of Australia's largest lakes Lake Tinaroo
massive in size. the creek was flowing fast eneough that I would have struggled to get back to my launch spot.
The next day I canoed on the lake I canoed there for 3-4 hrs. and it was amazing.
Tinaroo Falls Dam was constructed in 1958 on Barron River. It holds 436 500 mega litres of water, has an average depth of 13 meters and has a surface area of 3360 hectares. The dam wall is mass gravity concrete construction that is 45 meters high, 533 meters long and 35 meters thick at the base. Lake Tinaroo extends 15kms upstream with a shoreline of approximately 210 km.
2023-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bazz8 Posted at 11-22 11:27
Thankyou the creek looked very serine but had a fall to one of Australia's largest lakes Lake Tinaroo
massive in size. the creek was flowing fast eneough that I would have struggled to get back to my launch spot.
The next day I canoed on the lake I canoed there for 3-4 hrs. and it was amazing.

Yeah, no sense in fighting the currents unless you have to.
2023-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bazz8 Posted at 11-22 11:20
I am pretty sure it is not set on FVP mode but in those early days anything was possible,
I was feeling a little more confident than at the start.
The frustrating thing was there were so many spots I could have flown yet time restraints

That's often the case
2023-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, definitely FPV settings. Otherwise the image would stay level while turning.
Nice river there.
1-3 01:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 3248730 ft
United States

It's sad that there are so many restrictions on national parks. Looks like you found a place though.
1-3 19:01
Use props
Codgerzh2
Captain
Flight distance : 15566998 ft
United Kingdom

Nice place to fly
1-31 14:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules