12Next >
2036 49 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to be using this a lot. Nothing fancy. Just getting shots as I normally would and not loads of walking around; especially since I was using 24fps. (Really bad light)

I went up the road today in very dull weather. All shots except close ones were taken using the neck mount. I found....

a) people were absolutely unaware so shots were more natural. I had the tally light and sound muted.
b) still shots were really still. Easier than hand holding.
c) pans were seriously smooth. I just very slowly turned my body. This video is done at 24fps so movement problems would show dead easy.
d) stabilisation wasn't great  because it was so dark today so I was very careful when walking.
e) the remote makes everything SO easy

2023-11-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Before digital cameras, lots of tourists had film cameras hanging from their neck so nothing new there. But with all the phones, people don't really wear cameras in their neck any more. Sometimes I get a look or two but I found if you turn off the front blinking LED, no one would even guess you're filming. And if you happen to walk into a place where no filming allowed, you can tell them if you were fliming the LED would blink red :-)
2023-11-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That was one of the things I really liked. People were absolutely oblivious to it so no weird things happening when you met them.
2023-11-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I'm always recording with leds off since it can disturb the footage if you record against something that can reflect the light back.
Also use 3s for screen to turn off
2023-11-22
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Strongly agree on the remote as a great accessory. So handy whenever the camera mounted on the neck mount (I have the same one), a car dash mount, extension rod, etc.
2023-11-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was the first time I’ve used a neck mount and what really surprised me was the tripod like stability. I didn’t want it for walking because that just introduces picture problems with steps and up and down motion. But it seems actually easier to stand still and get a stable shot than hold the camera on a stick. Pans are a dream. Those pans that I took were just me turning my body dead slow.

Beats taking a tripod for sure! I tried one of my Sony zv cameras on it and that works just  as well. It’s quite funny that a device (I presume) designed for walking around serves as a really stable almost portable tripod system. With stabilisation on, it’s deadly.

That’s a great idea Johansenfoto….. turn the screen off and get more time for video! I left it running for longish periods too. Camera was fine.

The remote is great Dave. Real control on/off with no attracting attention to yourself.

This is going to get used a lot!
2023-11-22
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Remember that you can fold it and also use it as a "stick" or as a tripod.

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 7.18.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 7.19.06 PM.png
2023-11-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, that’s a great idea as well. Or even hang it from a tree or whatever.
2023-11-22
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Hi everyone,
I use the telesin neck mount when I need my two hands in difficult terrain while hiking and it works great, or when doing hyperlapses while jogging (but for that, should try to avoid bouncing around).
Example1: climbing a quite steep part (Action3; HB mode; Between ~6:00 and ~24:00):

Example2: Climbing mode (Action3), from~5:20, and including a hyperlapse from ~ 19:50

As for LEDs, I turn them all off. No need for them.
I turn on sound when using the neck mount so I have a confirmation it registers button pushes (with gloves, confirmation is really useful).
2023-11-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I turned the sound off so that surrounding people didn’t hear anything. Normally I wouldn’t include shop assistants or gardeners as I did in this, but everyone was just unaware and so not worried by it.

I really did free me up while wandering around.  The camera only came off my neck for specific closer shots for framing. I got such a surprise at what I captured when I got home!

What was a real eye opener was slow pans. Dead easy.
2023-11-22
Use props
Ridwan02
New

Indonesia

I want to ask ECCN code for Osmo 4, if it has please let me know. Iam interested to buy this product
2023-12-4
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Ulanzi neck mount with fill light
IMG_20231221_131652.jpg
2023-12-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If Amazon doesn't have it, just ask lutzmix. He literally has everything :-)
2023-12-21
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

For folks using the Telesin neck mount, I found a simple yet great solution from a YouTuber that helps keep your camera steady.

Here's a link to the video:   --- around 7:30 on the video timeline

Because I already had some disc magnets, I tried them and can confirm they work. Now, I leave a magnet on the back of my neck mount.

Also, to mimic the placement of a chest mount, I like to flip my camera upside down. I also turned off the recording light.

Chao!
2023-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video! It looks quite stable.
1-3 01:27
Use props
djiuser_goKzonWexMd2
New

Thailand

i want to edit dji action four on the pc....but the video does not play in a correct way ,it has lots of interrupt......do you have any suggestion how to edit on a pc?
2-13 08:29
Use props
djiuser_goKzonWexMd2
New

Thailand

djiuser_goKzonWexMd2 Posted at 2-13 08:29
i want to edit dji action four on the pc....but the video does not play in a correct way ,it has lots of interrupt......do you have any suggestion how to edit on a pc?

i try cap cut, MOvavi and other editing software, but the video doesnt play in a correct way
2-13 08:30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_goKzonWexMd2 Posted at 2-13 08:29
i want to edit dji action four on the pc....but the video does not play in a correct way ,it has lots of interrupt......do you have any suggestion how to edit on a pc?

What are your PC specs?
H.265 require more from the computer for playback, so if you have a slow graphic card like a old laptop, it will struggle.
2-13 13:19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-13 13:19
What are your PC specs?
H.265 require more from the computer for playback, so if you have a slow graphic card like a old laptop, it will struggle.

Likely this - I see the same on an older machine with a poor GPU.
2-13 18:36
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

PGYTECH have made a better neck mount, better as in easier to mount.

3-5 01:50
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I changed my Telesin for one and it is very good. It’s a bit softer than the Telesin so not great for being used as a handle, but it is very comfortable in use. Much easier to put together as well.
3-5 08:56
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

You haven't made a review about it yet?  You should milk the views.
I'm thinking maybe to get one, only wish it was a bit larger around the neck. I know Telesin have a larger one, but I like this mounting system better.
3-5 10:56
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I ordered a couple of Telesin-branded ones, though for originally a different purpose and of a different model. The ones I ordered have magnetic mount system to attach a GoPro mount on them, and I plan to use them with DJI Mic transmitters. One of the subjects I have filmed in a video series I am producing tends to wear a thick woolly shirt and I am afraid the DJI Mic's own magnet clip system is not strong enough for it, so I am hoping for this to enable them to be worn as necklaces. I am somewhat tempted to test them with cameras as well, but am a bit hesitant on if the magnets are strong enough to hold the GoPro mount pieces and the camera in place, so I could possibly get myself one of the more traditional neck mounts. Anybody having experience on the DJI-branded one for the Action series? Wondering how it would work with the Pocket 2, or if that's not good, then with some action camera.
3-5 12:26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

That was some great footage by the way
3-5 12:28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

osmonauta Posted at 2023-11-22 10:21
Remember that you can fold it and also use it as a "stick" or as a tripod.

[view_image]

Now that is a clever idea
3-5 12:29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

They could solve the size issue easily, especially in the case of the PGY mount with the lock system resembling a bike lock. They should make both sides detachable and either sell a longer cable or have an option to purchase one with a longer and a shorter cable. So in the summer when you running around in a T-shirt you just use the shorter cable and in the winter when you wear a coat you can replace it with the longer cable. Done.
3-5 13:40
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-5 10:56
You haven't made a review about it yet?  You should milk the views.
I'm thinking maybe to get one, only wish it was a bit larger around the neck. I know Telesin have a larger one, but I like this mounting system better.

Views aren’t good enough for me to worry that much about YouTube. Too busy with shop videos.

I’ve also been trying out the new Zoom H1e, a 32 bit floating recorder, the Ace Pro, preview watch for Ace Pro,  nd filters, smallrig battery powered spotlight,Tide Optics diffusion filters, audio adapters for Ace Pro and Action 4, plus a trip to SW UK coming up.

All go here!!
3-5 14:01
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 3-5 13:40
They could solve the size issue easily, especially in the case of the PGY mount with the lock system resembling a bike lock. They should make both sides detachable and either sell a longer cable or have an option to purchase one with a longer and a shorter cable. So in the summer when you running around in a T-shirt you just use the shorter cable and in the winter when you wear a coat you can replace it with the longer cable. Done.

That would be great if we could change out for a longer/shorter one
3-5 14:05
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-5 14:01
Views aren’t good enough for me to worry that much about YouTube. Too busy with shop videos.

I’ve also been trying out the new Zoom H1e, a 32 bit floating recorder, the Ace Pro, preview watch for Ace Pro,  nd filters, smallrig battery powered spotlight,Tide Optics diffusion filters, audio adapters for Ace Pro and Action 4, plus a trip to SW UK coming up.

Ah I see. But there are some money to me made if your review videos get 5K+ views, pays for your next purchase hehe

3-5 14:17
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-5 14:17
Ah I see. But there are some money to me made if your review videos get 5K+ views, pays for your next purchase hehe

I get more for the shop videos. YouTube pays peanuts!
3-5 14:35
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-5 14:35

Maybe you should give Rumble a try. They offer higher earnings and you can link your YT videos to Rumble so you get both going. I am not sure how that works though.

Rumble Vs YouTube: Which Platform Offers Higher Earnings?
https://imgpanda.com/rumble-vs-y ... rs-higher-earnings/
3-5 14:55
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-5 14:35

Brand deals etc in general pays best money, youtube is mostly just a small income for most part.
3-5 16:21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-5 16:21
Brand deals etc in general pays best money, youtube is mostly just a small income for most part.

Yes, while it’s nice to receive money each month, I get paid a proper fee for shop videos and commission on sales as well. The shop runs my videos on a loop and I get to make them nicely, in  their studio with their lights as well.

The neck mount is an improvement over my first one because it’s much easier to do up and comes with straps to hold it down if you’re on a bike or something.

I really like wearing the camera too because you can get extremely smooth pans just by standing there and moving dead slow!
3-6 07:47
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-6 07:47
Yes, while it’s nice to receive money each month, I get paid a proper fee for shop videos and commission on sales as well. The shop runs my videos on a loop and I get to make them nicely, in  their studio with their lights as well.

The neck mount is an improvement over my first one because it’s much easier to do up and comes with straps to hold it down if you’re on a bike or something.

It is great that you have a deal with shop/shops for making videos for them.

The Pgytech I will think will last longer also with the better mount system.

It really is a nice camera. But the best low light camera is actually SJCAM SJ20. It have 2 front lenses, one for low light only, but quality is not good.
3-6 13:47
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-6 13:47
It is great that you have a deal with shop/shops for making videos for them.

The Pgytech I will think will last longer also with the better mount system.

Yes, I was lucky to get a job where I work when I want to. Also with his studio and lighting gear. It's amazing how good lights make your videos look really good!!  He also gives me the option of keeping the gear if I want it. He gets regular customers and I get pocket money. He has a little area for the vids to show in the shop. I started YouTube just testing bits out and getting ideas/opinions from viewers and then I'd use their advice and make the real video. So YouTube was just a testing place for me. Quite often, I put a video on and I'm testing something else, like lights or a mic while making the video.

The Ace Pro is a great camera, but I think there might be an audio sync issue when using Pure Video mode.Its out by 2 or 3 frames!

The other thing I’ve noticed is that using 24fps gives actual 24, not 23.976 so since I often mix footage with other cameras, it has to be watched …..

I love using the Action 4 because it’s such an easy camera to use, but 24fps on that one is 23.976. So if you mix footage, the Ace Pro has to be played at 99.99%to make it slight more correct technically! I also think the Action 4 is right up there too and on many occasions, you wouldn't really be able to tell between the Ace and Action. They're both on a level, which makes the Action 4 (in my eyes) terrific value for money. If someone asked me which to get, I think I'd go for the Action because of its price.

3-7 00:24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-7 00:24
Yes, I was lucky to get a job where I work when I want to. Also with his studio and lighting gear. It's amazing how good lights make your videos look really good!!  He also gives me the option of keeping the gear if I want it. He gets regular customers and I get pocket money. He has a little area for the vids to show in the shop. I started YouTube just testing bits out and getting ideas/opinions from viewers and then I'd use their advice and make the real video. So YouTube was just a testing place for me. Quite often, I put a video on and I'm testing something else, like lights or a mic while making the video.

The Ace Pro is a great camera, but I think there might be an audio sync issue when using Pure Video mode.Its out by 2 or 3 frames!

Yes you are very lucky then.

I didn't know that Insta360 record in 24 fps instead of 23.976, because that is a difference.
It was probably the same with One RS, but I always imported it to the timeline that were already set by the main camera.

And I still am waiting for X4
3-7 04:35
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-7 04:35
Yes you are very lucky then.

I didn't know that Insta360 record in 24 fps instead of 23.976, because that is a difference.

Yes, it’s just 24fps. Everything else lines up with other cameras.

I found out by accident when one of my videos wasn’t recognised by Catalyst Browse. I sometimes adjust colour and contrast levels with it while sorting/cutting clips ready for a video.

At first, I wasn’t sure what it was so then I checked the properties of the Insta files and compared with Action and there was the frame rate difference. Catalyst Browse doesn’t seem to recognise video at a pure 24fps.

No one seems to have noticed on YouTube.

So I adjust the speed very slightly to match. It might be worth checking any Insta camera for the same thing ......

3-7 05:25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-7 05:25
Yes, it’s just 24fps. Everything else lines up with other cameras.

I found out by accident when one of my videos wasn’t recognised by Catalyst Browse. I sometimes adjust colour and contrast levels with it while sorting/cutting clips ready for a video.

That is actually good that you have noticed it, and yeah I haven't heard anyone else have mentioned it either.
The lowest fps I record in is 25 fps when it's low light, so I would not have noticed. But with the One RS I had a lot of issues when used synced with my OA3 back then. But mostly with the sound.

3-7 07:02
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-7 00:24
Yes, I was lucky to get a job where I work when I want to. Also with his studio and lighting gear. It's amazing how good lights make your videos look really good!!  He also gives me the option of keeping the gear if I want it. He gets regular customers and I get pocket money. He has a little area for the vids to show in the shop. I started YouTube just testing bits out and getting ideas/opinions from viewers and then I'd use their advice and make the real video. So YouTube was just a testing place for me. Quite often, I put a video on and I'm testing something else, like lights or a mic while making the video.

Sounds like you got a great job
3-8 08:57
Use props
TheStriff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

I bought the PGYTECH neck mount.
using straps to stop it bouncing
But for running it's pretty useless.
RockSteady and RockSteady+ does not take the swaying out of it, here's a video example I did that shows this, [cannot post URLS, so search Youtube for this XfNnyLZUzVw and it's the video Runing with the PGY Tech - Neck Mount]

So far the only solution is to record in a mode that has Gyro Data, and then use GyroFlow app.

4-1 16:48
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules