Looking for a propeller motor cover replacement
399 6 2023-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UGkiAcLoG3nm
New
United States

Hi all!

I recently had a bit of a run-in with some tree limbs and I need to replace my propellers. I just noticed that these cover pieces popped off as well. I contacted DJI customer service and it seems that they don't sell the part. Any advice? I'm attaching photos of the part I am referencing.

Propeller missing cover

Propeller missing cover

Normal Propeller

Normal Propeller
2023-11-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 'cover piece' I think you're talking about is the stator (magnets) - critical part of your drone.

Do not fly your drone again, if this comes off during flight your drone is going to fall out of the sky.

Raise a repair ticket with DJI, send your drone in and they will send you a whole new drone, all within a week. They will only charge you for what you broke. This isn't something you should repair yourself or you'll void your warranty - it's not worth it.
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. We are sorry to know about this incident that happened to your drone. Please be advised that DJI does not sell the main parts for our products. For flight safety, it is suggested to send the drone to DJI for a proper diagnosis, and we'll send you an offer depending on the result once the assessment is finished. Please contact our relevant team using this link for further assistance with the request. Thank you.
2023-11-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly, after googling, it looks as if  you may need to replace the motor itself, I can find no such part on the web. Do you have comparative photos looking from the side so that we can see how much is missing. If you DIY it and get an arm and motor DO NOT throw the old arm out.
Having crashed a Mavic 2 I can understand why DJI don't sell parts, a DIY repairer might see only the obvious damage and miss critical damage that was not obvious.

I'd be inclined to send it in to DJI for repair/replacement. Just remember to remove the memory card and check if they need the battery.
If you have care refresh ask for a quote BEFORE you decide how they should process the drone. You never know, paying for the repair might be cheaper than 'care-refreshing it'.
2023-11-22
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Honestly it looks like one of the nubbins that lock the prop in the slots simply broke off. You most likely could pick it out with a pair of narrow tweezers.
nubbin.jpg
2023-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As usual, this forum is a great place to get misinformation.
So many folks here just type away with no idea what they are doing, including the moderators.
DB, did get it right.
There is nothing at all wrong with your drone.
There's no "cover piece".
Here's a pic of a pair of Mavic 3 motors.
They are patterned differently to indicate clockwise and anti-clockwise motors.
20231123_165650.jpg
2023-11-22
Use props
LucasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides is correct, just looked at mine and it is fine and what Dogpilot said just a piece of the prop just broke off.
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules