Why did DJI remove mobile network with the last updated
980 12 2023-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

all in the title, why did DJI remove mobile internet with the last updated.

We have USB 4g dongle ( ZTE and Huawei) on all of our drone ( M30, M350, M3T) and now we cannot have acces to mobile internet. I know we can use hotspot on our phone but for a 8 hours shift in the field, my phone cannot keep all day sharing internet and I don't want to use my personal data but use the dongle we have from the compagnie.
We need internet to wotk with flightHub and RTK on all our job
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. For models such as M30, M350, M3T, DJI currently does not sell related 4G modules other than Mainland China, nor does it adapt to third-party 4G modules. We may not be able to assure the performance if you use a third-party 4G module. If it is incompatible, it is recommended that you change to Wi-Fi. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

I understand that you you cannot assure performance for third-party 4G modules as the same you cannot assure perdormance from a mobile phone with hotspot.

My question is why did you remove the feature to be able to have internet other then wifi on the controler without indicated it in the new updated release info. This had a very important impact on ours client and way to work with drone and we will have never did the update.

third party 4G module are incompatible because you block the APN fonction in the controler.
2023-11-27
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

DJI_TT Posted at 11-27 07:24
I understand that you you cannot assure performance for third-party 4G modules as the same you cannot assure perdormance from a mobile phone with hotspot.

My question is why did you remove the feature to be able to have internet other then wifi on the controler without indicated it in the new updated release info. This had a very important impact on ours client and way to work with drone and we will have never did the update.

My guess is someone in product development did not think about the fact they have a software called FlightHub2 which relies on the C2 having internet connection for the UAV and FH2 to work together...

I have not had this issue as yet, but I am about to update our fleet which is the same as you have, so I am no anticipating some issue to come.... thanks for the heads up, if it weren't for other users I dont think DJI's beta programme... ooppps... I mean mainstream products would ever get the bugs worked out, because it does not happen at the quality assurance and testing phase of software development at the house of DJI...
2023-11-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 03:28
Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. For models such as M30, M350, M3T, DJI currently does not sell related 4G modules other than Mainland China, nor does it adapt to third-party 4G modules. We may not be able to assure the performance if you use a third-party 4G module. If it is incompatible, it is recommended that you change to Wi-Fi. Thank you for your understanding.

Do you realize how ridiculous your reasoning is there? DJI can't assure the performance of a third-party module so you block the ability to use one. Now you can assure the performance because there is none. DJI's official work around..? Use a slower, less secure radio interfering hotspot which has even less assurance in performance from DJI's perspective. I would love to talk to the person who feeds you admins these type of answers to post here. They obviously think we're a bunch of morons who will just believe these made up reasons. You had something that worked fine and you intentionally broke it. This would be like Dell disabling ethernet ports on their computers because they couldn't assure internet speeds coming from your ISP.  
2023-11-28
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I have the latest firmware on my M30 and RC + controller. I have the DJI dongle installed in the controller and it's been working great for months now. I have a data plan with Rogers (in Canada) and it's working - I just checked it a minute ago.
Yes - it's very convenient when out in the field to save your cell phone batteries or if you have a team in the field and hand off the controller to someone else - you don't want them to continue using your hot spot when you drive away LOL.
Do you have a 3rd party dongle? I didn't think you could fit one into the small recess in the controller.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-28 21:26
I have the latest firmware on my M30 and RC + controller. I have the DJI dongle installed in the controller and it's been working great for months now. I have a data plan with Rogers (in Canada) and it's working - I just checked it a minute ago.
Yes - it's very convenient when out in the field to save your cell phone batteries or if you have a team in the field and hand off the controller to someone else - you don't want them to continue using your hot spot when you drive away LOL.
Do you have a 3rd party dongle? I didn't think you could fit one into the small recess in the controller.
On witch firmware are you?
On all my controler the APN setting is not there.
Do you have access in mobile network to APN?
We are in QC using multiple dongle on twlus and Roger. Dongle work on laptop and other android tablette.
2023-11-29
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI_TT Posted at 11-29 04:01
On witch firmware are you?
On all my controler the APN setting is not there.
Do you have access in mobile network to APN?

I have the latest M30 firmware from Nov. 1, 2023

Overview:
Date: 2023.10.30
Aircraft Firmware: v08.00.00.03
Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.05.07
DJI Pilot 2 App: v8.0.0.38
Intelligent Battery Station: v07.00.01.29*
Intelligent Flight Battery: v02.00.20.58

This is the dongle I used:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334016153192?var=543369485217

I'm in Canada and there's no issue with using the dongle on the Rogers network. I also know of people using it in the US. I don't know where you live so can't comment on the data plans there.

I can't use a dongle in the drone and take advantage of using the 4G networks for better coverage - that only works in China.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-29 06:44
I have the latest M30 firmware from Nov. 1, 2023

Overview:

We are in Québec Canada. I check and i'm on the exact same update as you are.
Can you confirm that you have access to : setting/wifi and network / mobile network / acces point nameWe don't have access to APN so all internet device are not working on the controler.

APN setting

APN setting

2023-11-29
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI_TT Posted at 11-29 06:56
We are in Québec Canada. I check and i'm on the exact same update as you are.
Can you confirm that you have access to : setting/wifi and network / mobile network / acces point nameWe don't have access to APN so all internet device are not working on the controler.
[view_image]

Yes - mine shows 4 APNs: Chatr Internet, IMS, Rogers (checked) and Rogers-core.
Are you using the correct DJI modem?
Have you checked to see if your SIM card works in another Android tablet?
2023-11-29
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI_TT Posted at 11-29 06:56
We are in Québec Canada. I check and i'm on the exact same update as you are.
Can you confirm that you have access to : setting/wifi and network / mobile network / acces point nameWe don't have access to APN so all internet device are not working on the controler.
[view_image]

"Not available for this user."
Sounds like you don't have network access to your cell provider, or you don't have the proper SIM installed or your modem might not be installed correctly, or you have the wrong modem.
Here's the modem I bought:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334016153192?var=543369485217
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

We have the same 4g modem and 2 other that are working on other device (laptop, android tablet).
I cannot configure APN because DJI block the fonction. If I can't configure an APN, I can't have access to internet.
The user don't have access is the the APN fonction, not about the sim card. If I try to manually add a new APN, I have an error saying that the user don't have access to those settings.
I did a factory reset of the controler to be sure and still not there.
I don't understand how you can still have it and on 2 rc plus and 2 rc pro we don't have it anymore. 20231109_122920.jpg P.s. mobile internet cannot be turn on before someone ask me... the APN and network operator are not there anymore

Did you root your controler to bypass the user restrictions?
I really don't understand why we have a difference...
Can DJI help?

2023-11-29
Use props
DJI_TT
lvl.2

Canada

you can see that the dongle is working and recognizeby the controler...
20231130_084849.jpg
Screenshot_20231130-084646.png
Screenshot_20231130-084553.png
Screenshot_20231130-084536.png
2023-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules