891 16 2023-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji porked me again.  i drove an hour.  nice day.  no wind.  sunny.  on location.  start up the drone.  account not logged in.  i got it online.  account not logged in.  i didn't have the device with the email for it, so i had to leave.  this is random an i had the thing on the other day.  logged in.  so it should have been all set. in a seprate incident i logged in once, kept drone on from house.  an drove off.  and when i got where i was going then, it had account not logged in by the time i arrived.  :X

2023-11-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a somewhat bizarre behavior.  Mine only logs out after 30 days and logging in again has made it good to go for another 30 days.  
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience. May we confirm the exact model of your remote controller? Usually, If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-11-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you say " I logged in" or ". logged in." do you mean you actually, there and then, typed in your email address and password on the appropriate screens?
2023-11-24
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 04:25
When you say " I logged in" or ". logged in." do you mean you actually, there and then, typed in your email address and password on the appropriate screens?

eat a fat one.  
2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

that's a bug.

there's no way you can turn your equipment on and everything works fine and when you travel (presumably away from a wifi location) for a few hours and your equipment has logged out automatically when you arrive.

anyone who thinks that is intended design by dji is
2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oooooo so eloquent thanks for the amusement.
Can't you answer a straight forward question in a civil manner?
2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-24 08:53
that's a bug.

there's no way you can turn your equipment on and everything works fine and when you travel (presumably away from a wifi location) for a few hours and your equipment has logged out automatically when you arrive.

I have flown, logged in, in my backyard then walked into the house and 15 minutes later found myself logged out.
If the timeout is based on the time one last logged into the app, as in typed by details into a logged out app, then it is perfectly feasible for the app to log someone out between flights separated by the timeout threshold.
In my case it was not a lack of wifi connection as both areas are within the range of my wifi.
2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 09:16
I have flown, logged in, in my backyard then walked into the house and 15 minutes later found myself logged out.
If the timeout is based on the time one last logged into the app, as in typed by details into a logged out app, then it is perfectly feasible for the app to log someone out between flights separated by the timeout threshold.
In my case it was not a lack of wifi connection as both areas are within the range of my wifi.

sure, there must be all kinds of iterations where timing is a factor meaning some people end up being super unlucky.  but logged in, turning on the drone, leaving the drone turned on and connected....and then it's logged out at your destination?

what's next, the rc pro can log out while you are in teh middle of a flight and so the drone will auto rth and that's it for you for the rest of the day?  . and there are claims that this is not a bug but this is how dji has intended it to work?  

2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-24 11:41
sure, there must be all kinds of iterations where timing is a factor meaning some people end up being super unlucky.  but logged in, turning on the drone, leaving the drone turned on and connected....and then it's logged out at your destination?

If I remember correctly in one of the many threads concerning these log outs, that question was posed to one or more of the Mods and the reply was that you WILL NOT be logged out whilst the drone is in flight.
Just for the record I have just tried to log out of the app when wifi on the phone was switched off, I couldn't, there was a warning message saying a network connection was needed.
Similarly with a mini 2 in flight and no wifi connection I got the same message and could not log out.
With a wifi connection I was able to logout whilst the drone was in flight but it continued to fly normally. "Fly normally" amounted to hovering for my test as it was made indoors.

Rather than propose possible consequences i.e. " so the drone will auto rth a......" why don't you test it?
I saw no sign of any in-flight automated action by the drone but RTH wouldn't be applicable to my test and when I looged back in there were no warning messages waiting for me.

However, I would ask, why would a log out trigger an RTH?
I would have thought some sort of distance limit might be more likely.
That would be something you could test and even then you might be able to do multiple home point resets to overcome distance limits and get the drone home.
2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 12:27
If I remember correctly in one of the many threads concerning these log outs, that question was posed to one or more of the Mods and the reply was that you WILL NOT be logged out whilst the drone is in flight.
Just for the record I have just tried to log out of the app when wifi on the phone was switched off, I couldn't, there was a warning message saying a network connection was needed.
Similarly with a mini 2 in flight and no wifi connection I got the same message and could not log out.

You and I cannot reproduce any of this because you and I don't have the bug.  I wasn't the one who said my device was logging in at home but when I drove to my destination out of coverage, it had logged off.....presumably meaning either it logged off immediately after it was logged in at home or it logged off along with way with no coverage; why?  Because it has a "bug" in it.

Why don't we ask the people who have the RC Pro with a abhorrent behavior?  But they won't answer and they won't try anything because they'd rather complain.  . You asked the poster to clarify and what did he do?  

2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-24 12:32
You and I cannot reproduce any of this because you and I don't have the bug.  I wasn't the one who said my device was logging in at home but when I drove to my destination out of coverage, it had logged off.....presumably meaning either it logged off immediately after it was logged in at home or it logged off along with way with no coverage; why?  Because it has a "bug" in it.

Why don't we ask the people who have the RC Pro with a abhorrent behavior?  But they won't answer and they won't try anything because they'd rather complain.  . You asked the poster to clarify and what did he do?

If you are referring to "eat a fat one" I have no understanding how that is a sensible reply to my asking what they meant by " I logged in" or ". logged in.".
To me "eat a fat one" sounds like sometime a petulant child would say when they can't or won't answer a question.

As for my post #10, that was addressing points raised by you and suggestions made by you, not djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6.

With regards to  "I wasn't the one who said my device was logging in at home but when I drove to my destination out of coverage, it had logged off.....presumably meaning either it logged off immediately after it was logged in at home or it logged off along with way with no coverage; why?" if you managed to extract that from what was written in post #1 then maybe it is because you are American.
I certainly did not perceive that, in fact I was and am struggling and failing to make any sense of the opening post.  Perhaps you could translate post #1 for me.

As for "You and I cannot reproduce any of this because you and I don't have the bug." what bug are you referring to?
I have suffered a log out within 15 minutes of having flown a logged in flight, all whilst inside wifi range. Are you talking about something else?

2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 13:01
If you are referring to "eat a fat one" I have no understanding how that is a sensible reply to my asking what they meant by " I logged in" or ". logged in.".
To me "eat a fat one" sounds like sometime a petulant child would say when they can't or won't answer a question.

It's a bug.  
2023-11-24
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 13:01
If you are referring to "eat a fat one" I have no understanding how that is a sensible reply to my asking what they meant by " I logged in" or ". logged in.".
To me "eat a fat one" sounds like sometime a petulant child would say when they can't or won't answer a question.

playing stupid an getting irate.  classic fascist gaslighting.   then you proceed to try hijacking the thread an legitimizing yourself, your the disdain of society.  deplorable.  stfu an go fly a kite.  after you eat that fat one.  the dog... that can be found in forums online never ceases to amaze me.  do you have more understanding comprehencions mishapths?  
2023-11-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 11-24 16:20
playing stupid an getting irate.  classic fascist gaslighting.   then you proceed to try hijacking the thread an legitimizing yourself, your the disdain of society.  deplorable.  stfu an go fly a kite.  after you eat that fat one.  the dog... that can be found in forums online never ceases to amaze me.  do you have more understanding comprehencions mishapths?

You really need to lay off the meth. Learn to properly type and express yourself. Your post is comprised of unintelligable gibberish.
2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 11-24 16:20
playing stupid an getting irate.  classic fascist gaslighting.   then you proceed to try hijacking the thread an legitimizing yourself, your the disdain of society.  deplorable.  stfu an go fly a kite.  after you eat that fat one.  the dog... that can be found in forums online never ceases to amaze me.  do you have more understanding comprehencions mishapths?

When you learn to type correctly in understandable English please do translate the uum 'stuff' you have posted here.
How on earth do you expect DJI to assist you when you type such crap.

As to getting irate, it is obvious that you are.
However if you are suggesting I was getting irate you are mistaken, I found your posts in this thread comical and piteous.  
2023-11-25
Use props
Clay Zimmerman
New

United States

I wish we could all be more civil about this. When people get sarcastic, we can’t learn anything anymore.
3-27 14:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules