Question about firmware update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

I have yet to update my P3 Standard......
...but I was wondering - I have seen all the how to's posted today but....

I have updated the app on my iphone 6

I connected my phone to the P3 Standard and it is now saying its downloading upgrade package on my phone. (photo attached)

I had got the impression from something I read that the firmware update would be done by the phone over wifi rather than having to swap memory cards about and have asked this question on a number of threads but no answer.

So am I living in cloud coockoo land or is this something that will happen? - I have the battery on charge or I would just try it and answer my own question

IMG_1788.jpg
2015-9-7
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

My phone says updating aircraft - I think it is doing the firmware update over wifi - have screen shotted and will add photo when it is finished
2015-9-7
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well mine all updated over wifi with no moving of memory cards link here to photos http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid211277
2015-9-7
Use props
CCEC
lvl.1
Philippines

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-9-8 01:34
Well mine all updated over wifi with no moving of memory cards link here to photos http://forum.dji. ...

anybody here know how to update RC's FW? i just got my P3S and when i connected to my device it also shows new firmware available need to update.. so i updated the FW i think it's drone's... does it update the RC's FW at the same time or does it require to update the RCs firmware also? and how to do it? thank you... newbie here...
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom3 Standard updates the aircraft and RC through WiFi and the Pro/Advanced update the aircraft from the SD card.
Upon startup, it will tell you if the RC or aircraft needs updating, follow the onscreen instructions.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CCEC Posted at 2016-2-1 10:49
anybody here know how to update RC's FW? i just got my P3S and when i connected to my device it al ...

If you go to the about page it will tell you what version of the aircraft and RC you are on. If when powering up and it says update required in the Aircraft Status page then you should update, if it does not say anything then you are on the latest update.
2016-1-31
Use props
CCEC
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-1 11:57
If you go to the about page it will tell you what version of the aircraft and RC you are on. If wh ...

does it mean, it will update both rc and aircraft at the same time? how about the battery, but now the battery i have is the one included in the box.. what if i buy new battery, do i need to update the fw of the battery, and how is it done? thank you...
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CCEC Posted at 2016-2-1 12:28
does it mean, it will update both rc and aircraft at the same time? how about the battery, but now ...

It will tell you which one is updating, RC or Aircraft.
When you add additional batteries, they will be updated through the app too if they need updating.
2016-1-31
Use props
CCEC
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-1 13:01
It will tell you which one is updating, RC or Aircraft.
When you add additional batteries, they wi ...

thank you DJI-Ken i just want to be sure of everything before i fly my P3S .. this is my first owned phantom,
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CCEC Posted at 2016-2-2 12:29
thank you DJI-Ken  i just want to be sure of everything before i fly my P3S ..  this is my fir ...

Make sure to read the manual and watch the tutorial videos in the Academy section of the app.
From the main page when you start the app, the icon on the upper right corner takes to to all of that.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules