Do Mini 4 Pro batteries work in Mini 3 Pro to reduce its weight
534 3 2023-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FFOlWjxugR4x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
Has anyone tried the new mini 4 batteries in the mini 3 to see if they work. The 3 gram weight saving is perhaps enough to allow the addition of strobes for night flying and keep under the mini 3 pro under 249g?
This would be an excellent solution to a long running issue, I was hoping the weight of the  Mini 4 pro would be about 245g to allow for additional night strobes and Hi-Vis skin, but it appears to be 249g again. This is the main reason why I am not looking to upgrade.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing this query with us. Please know that the DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries are cross-compatible. I hope this clarifies your query.
2023-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most Mini3 Pros already weigh a few grams less than 250g so theres already some wiggle room.
2023-11-24
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Ya a slight weight saving as you mentioned plus the added bonus of having 137 mAh more in capacity over the M3P batteries, thus a few extra seconds in potential flight time.....

I am waiting until one of my M3P 249 gram batteries gets near to being useless and then peer inside to see where the lipo is situated near the cases hard shell walls; the 249 gram batteries have lots of empty space.  My end goal is to perforate multiple circular cooling holes to ease in venting trapped heat without compromising structural integrity. Excessive heat overtime shortens our lipo batteries life/capacity.

2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules