THE HOT ZONES
498 8 2023-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

I came across a video of an individual (MrGoatsmilk) utilizing a thermal imaging camera displaying the hot zones during flight and during his firmware update. Both video are just a day old, no audio but nevertheless will be of interest to some.
Old news; however, you can see why it is of importance to have some moving air going through and over the M3P as you are carrying out a firmware update. Also to periodicaly dart around in forward flight after periods of lenghty hovering in place to force airflow through the body.

Link to

Link to
2023-11-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting observations - no apparent shut-downs due to overheating though?
2023-11-24
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 11-24 10:40

He did not record actual readings/numbers and thus might have never overheated.  He mentions that the ambient room temperature while performing the firmware update was only 16C.

A thermal imaging camera video results of showing glowing red as per his video only means that those areas are relatively hotter than the adjacent area and thus gives the illusion that they are extremely burning hot and over heated beyond spec when maybe they are not.

Immediately after carrying out updates, I will sometimes glance at the battery info screen to see what the battery temperature is to see how effective my portable fan cooling air over the drone was. It usually maxes out at around 27C during a FW update.
2023-11-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting finds.  Thanks for sharing.
2023-11-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rej Posted at 11-24 11:08
He did not record actual readings/numbers and thus might have never overheated.  He mentions that the ambient room temperature while performing the firmware update was only 16C.

A thermal imaging camera video results of showing glowing red as per his video only means that those areas are relatively hotter than the adjacent area and thus gives the illusion that they are extremely burning hot and over heated beyond spec when maybe they are not.

I've carried out all updates to my Mini3Pro on the kitchen table, occasionally wafting air though it with a hand-held fan.  I've had no problems with over-heating or shut-down so far.
2023-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2023-11-25
Use props
NBGRobbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12349 ft
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-24 10:40

This forum open to all though, not just the UK, some of the other users are in much warmer climates
2023-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NBGRobbo Posted at 11-25 13:04
This forum open to all though, not just the UK, some of the other users are in much warmer climates

No, really
2023-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
1-3 02:29
Use props
Advanced