Battery lights flashing
573 14 2023-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

I just bought my first drone the Mini 2 SE.  I recieved it today and everything looked to be in good shape.  I got everything ready and started charging the drone.  It seemed to be charging fine...  At first.  I came back to check it 15 minutes later and all 4 battery lights are flashing 3 short flashes over and over.  I remove the USB-C cable and started checking into this.  Is the battery in my new drone defective?  What are the chances this is the issue?  I guess my real question is could this be a drone issue because I am charging the battery in the drone?  So I assume the charging control is in the drone.  I have heard nothing but good things about DJI so I assume I am doing something wrong.  Any input would be appreciated.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have spare batteries? Only one battery had this issue, right? If so, kindly contact our support and create a case for the battery. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
2023-11-24
Use props
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-24 20:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have spare batteries? Only one battery had this issue, right? If so, kindly contact our support and create a case for the battery. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage

I only have the one battery that came with the drone.  So I am unsure if the issue is the battery or the drone.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Murph406 Posted at 11-24 20:51
I only have the one battery that came with the drone.  So I am unsure if the issue is the battery or the drone.

Thank you for the reply. If you can not identify whether the drone works properly, you can the aircraft and the battery together back for diagnosis.
2023-11-24
Use props
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-24 22:55
Thank you for the reply. If you can not identify whether the drone works properly, you can the aircraft and the battery together back for diagnosis.

I ordered another battery to see if it is just a battery issue.  I was hoping DJI would just send out a replacement battery to correct the issue instead of sending the whole drone back.  I haven't been able to use the drone once yet.  
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Murph406 Posted at 11-25 13:45
I ordered another battery to see if it is just a battery issue.  I was hoping DJI would just send out a replacement battery to correct the issue instead of sending the whole drone back.  I haven't been able to use the drone once yet.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. I had vacation these days. May we know if you have created the case for replacing the battery? The difficulty lies in that we are unable to determine whether your battery has the issue or the drone. Normally, you can just send the battery back for the diagnosis if you can confirm the drone works properly. After inspecting your device, if the errors are not caused by users and your device is still under warranty, we will offer warranty services or replacement services for you.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-12-1
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-281190-1-1.html

It could be the drone failing to interface with the battery chip. Could be either side is the problem.
2023-12-1
Use props
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-1 00:39
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. I had vacation these days. May we know if you have created the case for replacing the battery? The difficulty lies in that we are unable to determine whether your battery has the issue or the drone. Normally, you can just send the battery back for the diagnosis if you can confirm the drone works properly. After inspecting your device, if the errors are not caused by users and your device is still under warranty, we will offer warranty services or replacement services for you.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index

I have not yet created a case for the return of the drone.  I understand that the drone may be faulty but the new battery is supposed to arrive on Monday.  If the issue persists I will send this for repair or replacement.  I bought this from Amazon and I wasn't sure if I should deal with them or not?
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Murph406 Posted at 12-1 20:55
I have not yet created a case for the return of the drone.  I understand that the drone may be faulty but the new battery is supposed to arrive on Monday.  If the issue persists I will send this for repair or replacement.  I bought this from Amazon and I wasn't sure if I should deal with them or not?

You can ask them for their replacement or repair policy. You can access our repair services via the link above. For DJI replacement policy, You can request Return & Refund Service (should contact the dealer/store where you bought the product from):
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?from=store_homepage
2023-12-3
Use props
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-3 03:23
You can ask them for their replacement or repair policy. You can access our repair services via the link above. For DJI replacement policy, You can request Return & Refund Service (should contact the dealer/store where you bought the product from):
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.

Update to my situation.  My new battery arrived today and I put it in the drone to charge.  It is doing a 1 2 light pattern.  Not like the the original battery.  Should I send the original battery in for replacement or is it still a drone issue?  It is not doing the 2 lights and then all four light flashing 3 times a second.  I am hopeful that this is the normal charge lights.
2023-12-4
Use props
Murph406
lvl.1
United States

Update to my update.  I for sure have a bad battery.  I had purchased the 2nd battery after the 1st would not charge.  Amazon reimbursed me for the 2nd battery so I now have a battery that is charging fine.  Thanks for the help and I can't wait to get this drone in the air!
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Murph406 Posted at 12-4 18:31
Update to my update.  I for sure have a bad battery.  I had purchased the 2nd battery after the 1st would not charge.  Amazon reimbursed me for the 2nd battery so I now have a battery that is charging fine.  Thanks for the help and I can't wait to get this drone in the air!

Thank you for your update. We hope you can fly the drone as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_eficVQ5tmpLk
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-24 20:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have spare batteries? Only one battery had this issue, right? If so, kindly contact our support and create a case for the battery. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage

I followed this link and it only gave me the option to send back my whole drone but I do not need to. It came with an extra battery and only one battery seems to be the issue.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_eficVQ5tmpLk Posted at 12-25 06:09
I followed this link and it only gave me the option to send back my whole drone but I do not need to. It came with an extra battery and only one battery seems to be the issue.

Hi, you can choose the product models and fill in the information as required. Write down the SN and damage/ issue of the battery in the Detailed incident description blank. You will get a case number after submitting the case.
Then, use the Shipping label we sent to ship the battery back.
2023-12-25
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 15:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules