Osmos Action 3 Killing my USB ports
704 12 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello, my action 3 is killing my USB ports on my PC. Has the camra been inserted more than 2 hours the USB port dies. Am I alone in this or have this happend to anyone els?

I figured this out after 3 of my USB ports was killed on my motherbord so   yeha....  fu*k this camra.
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

What kind of ports do you have on your computer? Is it a laptop or desktop? Brand or custom built? USB-C? USB-A? If it’s A, what USB version? Maybe it’s yeah, f*ck that USB port…? Maybe the cable is bad,  in which case yeah, f*ck that cable. :-)

I have a MacBook Pro with USB-A sockets. In over a year my ports didn’t fry. Maybe you have cheap USB ports? Are you using the original cable that came with the camera? That’s a USB-C cable which implies you either have USB-C ports on your computer or you are using a C to A cable. Hopefully a good one. Too many variables to blame the camera.
2023-11-25
Use props
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 11-25 05:45
What kind of ports do you have on your computer? Is it a laptop or desktop? Brand or custom built? USB-C? USB-A? If it’s A, what USB version? Maybe it’s yeah, f*ck that USB port…? Maybe the cable is bad,  in which case yeah, f*ck that cable. :-)

I have a MacBook Pro with USB-A sockets. In over a year my ports didn’t fry. Maybe you have cheap USB ports? Are you using the original cable that came with the camera? That’s a USB-C cable which implies you either have USB-C ports on your computer or you are using a C to A cable. Hopefully a good one. Too many variables to blame the camera.

2x USB 2.1 1x USB 2.0  desktop custombuilt and the motehboard is a asus tuf B550 , i have switched between 3 cables  and also used other devices with usb cables both on the 3 *damaged* ports and on some that i have not put the camera into and the computer dont find the devices at all on the *damaged* ones. It started right after i put the camera in, on all 3 ports adn i did not put anything in afterwards until i tried to use the camera again.
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I had an older custom built desktop which had USB 2 ports. They worked fine. One time I connected a thumb drive (which I used to use on a regular basis) but for some reason at some point the USB port decided to die. Bummer.

If you have v2.x ports, that implies the hardware might be a little dated (eg maybe you have built it a while back). I imagine most mobos nowadays sport a 3.0. Who knows, maybe it was their time to go. They were old and frail and all they needed was a camera to visit Jesus.
2023-11-25
Use props
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 11-25 06:20
I had an older custom built desktop which had USB 2 ports. They worked fine. One time I connected a thumb drive (which I used to use on a regular basis) but for some reason at some point the USB port decided to die. Bummer.

If you have v2.x ports, that implies the hardware might be a little dated (eg maybe you have built it a while back). I imagine most mobos nowadays sport a 3.0. Who knows, maybe it was their time to go. They were old and frail and all they needed was a camera to visit Jesus.

Its' a asus B550,  its literally 2 years old.
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Wait, I just looked up that mobo. I only was able to find the “PLUS” editions but they have USB 3.2 Gen 2. So I assume yours is older.
2023-11-25
Use props
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 11-25 06:23
Wait, I just looked up that mobo. I only was able to find the “PLUS” editions but they have USB 3.2 Gen 2. So I assume yours is older.

Well then its 3.2 idk its not like i keep in track what version of usb my motherbord has.
2023-11-25
Use props
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 11-25 06:23
Wait, I just looked up that mobo. I only was able to find the “PLUS” editions but they have USB 3.2 Gen 2. So I assume yours is older.

Here is the USB specs that i have USB bakpanel
USB 2.0
2 st
USB 3.0/3.1 Gen1
4 st
USB 3.1 Gen 2
1 st
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
1 st
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

MartinPswe Posted at 11-25 06:23
Its' a asus B550,  its literally 2 years old.

2 years in a custom built world makes a big difference.

But either way, sorry to hear it blew the ports. That sucks. My MacBook Pro is 2015 so age is prolly not the issue. Maybe the camera doesn’t like 2.x ports…? Unfortunately, I don't have any 2.x ports to try.
2023-11-25
Use props
MartinPswe
lvl.1

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 11-25 06:28
2 years in a custom built world makes a big difference.

Well the 3.2 ports was blown too so i dout it, i think the camera got a short and and then shorten the ports
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

MartinPswe Posted at 11-25 06:28
Here is the USB specs that i have USB bakpanel
USB 2.0
2 st

Oh, that’s interesting, So it blew the v3 ports? So you have a type-C as well. Did that one die, too?
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

MartinPswe Posted at 11-25 06:30
Well the 3.2 ports was blown too so i dout it, i think the camera got a short and and then shorten the ports

…or the cable
2023-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Do you see the ports listed in the system? If so, have you tried uninstalling the controllers and rebooting?

See here, #5
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/wha ... -port-stops-working
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules