1473 5 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sippa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200085 ft
Netherlands

Hello Dji,  
i've just received my new dji o3 air unit and have been the owner for about 2 hours.

i am not getting a serial data link true usb-c.

When trying to activate the air unit i am not able to get the air unit connected with usb and usb-c ports.
my computer recognizes de usb-c input connection and makes a sound that it is connected but then a few seconds later the air unit gets thrown out.green led starts up and then disappears. green led starts flashing....

i have used 3 other cables that i also use for data comm with my dji avata so i have cancelled out the usb-c cable as the problem. usb-c ports are clean and no debries in port.
also i have tried another computer without succes.
after waiting the computer stops trying to recognize the device....

i have installed the air unit on the speedybee F7 V3. the connector of the speedybee is the same pin sequence as dji's pin layout. so wrong wiring is not possible.

dji o3 air unit                                                          speedybee F7 V3

pin 1: red 7,4 - 26,4 v                                              Red 9V
pin 2: black ground                                                 Ground
pin 3: white UART RX 0 - 3,3V                                  T1
pin 4: gray UART TX 0 - 3,3V                                    R1
pin 5: Brown signal ground                                       G
pin 6: yello DJI HDL FC Sbus - 0 - 3,3V                      R2

I have installed an reinstalled de dji assistant 2 consumer and fpv series with no succes.
one breef moment of happyness when the assistant 2 ( consumer version ) recognized the o3 air unit after disconnecting 2 seconds later again. this only happened when i connect a tattu 1200 R-line battery.

foutmelding dia o3 air unit in assistant nr 2.jpg

Am i missing something here?

hope to hear soon!

grz

2023-11-25
Use props
sippa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200085 ft
Netherlands

i have installed the air unit on the speedybee F7 V3. the connector of the speedybee is the same pin sequence as dji's pin layout.
2023-11-26
Use props
mangoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1557320 ft
Germany

Have you tried to just connect the Air Unit without a battery? The o3 should power on, using only USB.... I actually never tried connecting it with battery power but I would think, that it has a different boot sequence when powered through the battery...
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hey sippa.
Hope you are well!

Thank you so much for your concern!

I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking!

Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response.

Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!

2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for your patience, If you are experiencing difficulties when connecting the DJI O3 Air Unit to Assistant 2 software on your computer, it might be related to the power source. Ensure that the unit is powered through the main battery, as using an external power source could lead to the described situation.

If you activated the airborne unit without connecting it to the flight controller and without a power source, consider referring to our instructional video for guidance: [Tutorial Video](https://cdn.djivideos.com/watch/ ... 46f681e54.jpg@!1200).

Alternatively, you can record the activation process and share the video with us for further assistance. Note that when activating the DJI O3 Air Unit, it can be directly connected to the computer via a data cable without the need for additional power.

If an external battery was connected during activation, wait for approximately 30 seconds or restart the device to restore functionality.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_FwZrltFL22mI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322625 ft
United States

What will happen if a DJI air unit is used and placed on top of a DJI drone? Will the air unit's transmission damage the transmitter on the drone?
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules