845 8 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebbce3dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3933806 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I am using the DJI Osmo Action 4 mounted on a drone, and I've been encountering issues with the gyro data approximately every 2 to 3 flights. To illustrate, I am attaching screenshots from Gyroflow showing both normal gyro data recordings and instances where there were issues.
Could this be a malfunction? If there are any known fixes or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Details of my DJI Osmo Action 4:
- Firmware Version: 01.02.06.10
- Camera Firmware Version: 10.00.18.15
- FOV: Wide
- Format: 4K120

Details of my drone:
- iFlight Nazgul Evoque F5D 6S

gyro issue

gyro issue

gyro worked

gyro worked
2023-11-25
Use props
fansebbce3dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3933806 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Today I contacted DJI Customer Support regarding this issue, and I must say, I was deeply disappointed with their response.
According to the representative, the DJI Osmo Action 4 is not designed for mounting on drones. This seems quite unreasonable to me.

The DJI Osmo Action 4 is an action camera, right? It's presumably designed for various extreme sports, so why wouldn't it support use on drones?
To be told that this falls outside their support because it's not an anticipated use case seems unfair, especially considering I have never received such a response from GoPro's support team.
This response from DJI is quite disheartening.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. Please make sure to update the firmware of your DJI Action 4 to resolve the situation. For the affected files, please use gyroflow to process the materials, remove the abnormal parts separately, and then use post-processing software to stabilize this part of the materials. Furthermore, rest assured your transaction will be reviewed for improvement. Should you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us anytime.
2023-11-26
Use props
fans68db1db8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1235656 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. All the firmware is current and I've only used the camera about 10 times. I've only noticed this (so far) with 4k120fps video. Is my camera defective? I haven't even had it for a month yet.
3-19 19:56
Use props
fans68db1db8
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. I've only used the camera about 10 times. So far the issue only happens with 4k120 video, but I can't be certain as I've only used that mode 4 times. I've had the camera for less than a month. Is it defective?
Is there a fix?
3-19 19:58
Use props
Tanhy
lvl.2

Czechia

How do you mount the camera? I guess it could be the vibration from the motors that causes these spikes in gyro data. Try mounting it using soft material between the camera body and the drone, some rubber legs, just to get rid of the vibrations. That should do it.
3-19 20:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans68db1db8 Posted at 3-19 19:58
I have the same problem. I've only used the camera about 10 times. So far the issue only happens with 4k120 video, but I can't be certain as I've only used that mode 4 times. I've had the camera for less than a month. Is it defective?
Is there a fix?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. This issue has already been resolved since the v01.03.05.10 firmware version. Please make sure the device firmware is up to date and then try recording footage containing gyroscope data again. Here is a link to guide you on updating your Action 4: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=HK&lang=en. Have a great day.
3-19 22:21
Use props
fans68db1db8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 22:21
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. This issue has already been resolved since the v01.03.05.10 firmware version. Please make sure the device firmware is up to date and then try recording footage containing gyroscope data again. Here is a link to guide you on updating your Action 4: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006836&spaceId=34&re=HK&lang=en. Have a great day.

Thanks Tony! I was unaware of new firmware. Downloading now and test again.
3-20 07:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans68db1db8 Posted at 3-20 07:16
Thanks Tony! I was unaware of new firmware. Downloading now and test again.

You are most welcome. Feel free to keep us posted if you require further assistance. Have a nice day.
3-23 01:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules