Does the MINI 2 SE come with a charger?
2461 9 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Treb
lvl.2
United States

I'm a new owner of a MINI 2 SE, and I'm struggling to learn the very first basics. I found the manual online which on page 7, step 4 shows a USB power supply as a rectangle with two-pronged plug. I found the USB cable indicated in the diagram, but I either didn't get a power supply, or I've lost track of where it is.

So before I look through my house any further trying to find it, should my MINI 2 SE even have included a power supply? Or am I supposed to plug it into any USB that provides power?

(I do see that I have a white rectangular power supply like that, but it's from Apple, for an iPhone or something, I think. On the back it says Model A1265 Made in China Output: 5V 1A. Would that work with the MINI 2 SE?)
2023-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mini-2-se?vid=132621
then click on "Compare options".
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are referring to a power adapter, the DJI Mini 2 SE does not come with a power adapter and the USB-C Data cable is only included on the package. You may use your own USB-C power adapter. It is recommended to use the DJI 30W USB-C Charger on our store website or other USB Power Delivery chargers. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-26
Use props
Treb
lvl.2
United States

Aha, thanks!

Hmm, looks like my Android charger is a 5V 3A USB-C charger, so I think I already have an equivalent one.
2023-11-26
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

The Mini 2 SE can take 2 amps at 15V from a PD type C. This is 28W from a 65W GaN charger you might find on ebay. However, I'm finding that a little aggressive and the battery heats up to 40C.

On average, you will find QC USB square socket chargers will charge 16W-22W. The only way you can know is with an inline measuring device.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394700986829
s1600.jpg

so, say youre looking at a GaN charger on ebay and the specs are:

PD1(65W): 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A
PD2(20W): 5V/3A, 9V/2.22A, 12V/1.67A
USB A(18W): 5V/3A, 9V/2.22A, 12V/1.67A

You can see socket 1 will supply 36W on 12V, and 45W on 15V. That will heat the battery.
However, socket 2, will supply 20W, which is probably better for the lifespan

2023-11-29
Use props
Treb
lvl.2
United States

Zoooom Posted at 11-29 19:28
The Mini 2 SE can take 2 amps at 15V from a PD type C. This is 28W from a 65W GaN charger you might find on ebay. However, I'm finding that a little aggressive and the battery heats up to 40C.

On average, you will find QC USB square socket chargers will charge 16W-22W. The only way you can know is with an inline measuring device.

Thanks. A little above my comprehension level. What I have is this:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/25w-usb-c-fast-charging-wall-charger-black-ep-ta800xbegus/

which says it can charge at "up to 25W" but that some devices may vary.

That sounds like it might be close to what you're recommending, if I read you rightly?
2023-11-30
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Treb Posted at 11-30 16:27
Thanks. A little above my comprehension level. What I have is this:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/25w-usb-c-fast-charging-wall-charger-black-ep-ta800xbegus/

Yes, 24W would be a good compromise, but I predict that small thing may get hot and start smelling of electronics. If it doesn't, it means its slacking off. I can see no voltage specs for that device.

The GaN chargers use an efficient transistor type that can deliver power without blowing up.

If you are lucky, the Samsung thing will negotiate either 12V or 15V, at 2amps, or 1.67amps, and it will be hunky dory. However, there's a chance it will be incompatible and stick to old USB 5V.

If it's charging in PD mode, the LEDs on the drone will be really fast, however fast LEDs can also occur when its charging 5V or 7 or 9, and higher current. You won't really know until you get an inline measuring device.

Ive seen one ebay charger marked 20W, which did 22, and smelled of electronics.
2023-12-1
Use props
Treb
lvl.2
United States

Zoooom Posted at 12-1 02:48
Yes, 24W would be a good compromise, but I predict that small thing may get hot and start smelling of electronics. If it doesn't, it means its slacking off. I can see no voltage specs for that device.

The GaN chargers use an efficient transistor type that can deliver power without blowing up.

Thanks for the further guidance!

Hmm. I did my first charge using that earlier, and it seemed pretty fast, and I didn't notice a smell.

I think I currently have 70-80% charge, so it may not have time to test whether it gets too hot, until I run down the battery and recharge. I plugged it in again, and the lights illuminate from left to right once per second. (Update: And, it topped off the already-mostly-full drone charge without getting hot or smelling.)

I think I will get a USB power meter too. Thinking of this one: https://www.amazon.com/USB-Tester-Voltage-Power-Meter/dp/B0B48LG5N4/
2023-12-1
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

JacobsParts USB Type-C Power Tester Voltage Current Capacity Meter 4-30V 5A USB-C Multimeter Voltmeter Ammeter (Black)

The one I pictured does power in both directions. You can see the red arrows on the illustration of this one. This means you can put it at either end of the cable. But I can see why you want one that does type A as well.

Good luck.
2023-12-3
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 15:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now