Inspire 4K FPS? & 2 other questions
3037 7 2014-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
icywings11
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I preordered as well and can't wait for this to get shipped. I heard from a few people something that worried me a little. Is it accurate that the camera will not shoot at 29.97/fps in 4K mode? Since that's the American standard I wanted to ask.

Question2: This is a huge financial investment. My wife is letting me but has her concerns. I understand it's going to be pretty heavy so is it even possible to consider some form of resue chute system for it? Besides the cost of losing it in a crash, it would leave a serious mark if it crashed on someone due to some type of failure. Am I just being afraid for no reason? I've not owned either the Phantom or the Inspire (YET)

Question3: Along the same lines- is there good insurance out there for this thing? I'm a licensed Commercial Pilot so I'm hoping that will help keep my liability rates down some but my wife and I just want to make sure we have everything covered. If so, can you throw me a few ideas on who to contact?

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for this thing to get here!

Bravo to DJI for really stepping up on this one! Bravo!
2014-12-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Regarding 4K mode.
I would think that the 30fps listed for 4K would be fine.
There is a slight loss of scan listed against the higher speeds.
But no loss with 24/25 fps but then these are age old pro cinema speeds.
I would think that the loss of scan would mean a very slightly more letterbox mask.
As to the other questions, I don't live in USA so can't say about insurance.
And I think most everybody would like a recovery system chute and there are some out there.
But I will have to let somebody else take up that thread.
2014-12-10
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

In short, camera records true 4k in 25fps and tv 4k in 30 fps like gopro. Gopro doesn't even have an option to record true cinema 4k so 25fps in not so bad at all from that point of view. ;)
2014-12-10
Use props
MikRow
New

Germany

Ozren Posted at 2014-12-11 03:14
In short, camera records true 4k in 25fps and tv 4k in 30 fps like gopro. Gopro doesn't even have an ...

Check your fact's The GoPro Hero4 Black records in 4k30 / 2.7k50 / 1080p 120fps.  You can go to www.Gopro.com and see the spec for yourself.
2014-12-10
Use props
MikRow
New

Germany

Go to www.GoPro.com and look at the "Hero4 Black"
2014-12-10
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Dear MikRow, I have a Gopro 4 black so I know the facts. The fact is, gopro records uhdtv 4k at 3840 x 2160 at 30 fps, just like inspire 1. But inspire 1 can also record cinema uhd 4096 x 2160 at 25 fps, Gopro can NOT record cinema 4k at 4096x2160 at any fps. Go to www.gopro.com and check it out ;)
2014-12-10
Use props
icywings11
lvl.1

United States

Thanks so much for the input. I'm not to concerned anymore. I just wish the beast of a drone will arrive soon.
2014-12-11
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

I have been flying Phantoms for about 6 months and like you I was concerned about my liability if I hit a person or caused an accident when flying over a street or freeway. I talked to my Homeowners insurance company and purchased a Umbrella Liability Insurance Policy for about $200 a year and I get over $1,000,000 in coverage. I also found out my Phantom was covered on my homeowners insurance policy if it crashed or had a flyaway. I did have a flyaway with my first Phantom and filed a claim with my insurance and they paid the claim less my deductible.
2014-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules