JUNK
504 11 2023-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb94df325
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2498812 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently been unfortunate enough to need a repair on my Mavic Air 2, which incidentally has performed faultlessly, has never been abused, is in immaculate condition and never been crashed or even bumped.

So, I get the thing out. Short story IMU failure. Took it to a well reccomended and approved repairer. Seemed nothing strange to them and ouch £280 later its repaired.

I took the thing out......hey presto controller will not even pair to the 'thing'. Q..........how did they conduct a post repair fligh test.

It went back to them. 'Main board failure' The guy asked me if I have interrupted a firmware update. NEVER.

As a good will gesture they did not charge labour. £180 later its back. Strangely the memory card is taped to the front of the controller.

Stuck it in. Switched on. The props will not even spin. Q..........how did they conduct a post repair flight test.

I am extremely unhappy and I could have saved myslef that money before christmas for something that works.

I AM DONE WITH DJI.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. We are deeply sorry about the experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you are in need of assistance. We suggest sending the drone to the DJI facility instead. You may submit an online repair request through this link: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://support.dji.com/. Our repair facility will perform a detailed analysis upon receiving your product. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Why blame DJI? Did you send it to them? NO? Blame the repair station you sent it to. Put their name out there with a bad review.
2023-11-27
Use props
fansb94df325
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 07:15
Why blame DJI? Did you send it to them? NO? Blame the repair station you sent it to. Put their name out there with a bad review.

Incidentally I did not blame DJI. I simply explained my recent experience but did state that I am done with DJI. Both repairs were conducted by a fully authorised and partnered facility recommended by many.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansb94df325 Posted at 11-27 12:43
Incidentally I did not blame DJI. I simply explained my recent experience but did state that I am done with DJI. Both repairs were conducted by a fully authorised and partnered facility recommended by many.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know the repair center you have reached out to before? If you have the (CAS) case number, you could also provide us for record, and we will help to further check with our relevant team. Looking forward to your reply.

In addition, if the device still needs to be repaired, it is recommended you could send back to our DJI official service center to perform a comprehensive checking.You could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back for further processing. Thanks.

2023-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb94df325 Posted at 11-27 12:43
Incidentally I did not blame DJI.

What then is the reason for or meaning of  "I AM DONE WITH DJI." in post #1.
"..... py and I could have saved myslef that money before christmas for something that works.

I AM DONE WITH DJI.
"

From what I have read it may well have been cheaper to send the drone and controller to DJI rather than anyone else .
2023-11-28
Use props
fansb94df325
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 11-27 18:51
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know the repair center you have reached out to before? If you have the (CAS) case number, you could also provide us for record, and we will help to further check with our relevant team. Looking forward to your reply.

In addition, if the device still needs to be repaired, it is recommended you could send back to our DJI official service center to perform a comprehensive checking.You could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back for further processing. Thanks.

The repair centre is the Drone Doctor. The drone is currently on its way back to them.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansb94df325 Posted at 11-28 11:30
The repair centre is the Drone Doctor. The drone is currently on its way back to them.

Hi there, after checking, we found it is not our authorized service center. Since it is on the way to them, for the repair, you could reach out to them first for further assistance.

If you have any questions or you need to send back to DJI directly for the repair, you could feel free to let us know. We will further provide you the guidance. Thanks.

2023-12-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5099718 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that.  Sounds like the repair company that's the culprit.
2023-12-3
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I would always take the time and send my drones back directly to DJI. I’d rather repairs be performed by the manufacture particularly with these quality drones. Also from what I’ve seen over the last 4 years the repair costs are not expensive and they go through everything and give a basic warranty. Sometimes depending on the drone model they may send a new or refurbished drone for the amount of what the repair costs would be. Just my thoughts. Enjoy.
2023-12-3
Use props
fanse495227c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9331 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, representative from Drone Doctor here. Unfortunately our customer never updated this thread. I thought I should follow up as this is a bit unpleasant to read.

We received the drone back and nothing was wrong with it, the drone worked perfectly so it was returned to the customer at no charge (after we paid postage both ways).

The SD card was taped to the controller because we ask customers to not send in SD cards, as it's another item for us to keep track of. We removed the card and taped it to the controller to keep it safe. We do this on thousands of drones a year.
1-9 09:02
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

fanse495227c Posted at 1-9 09:02
Hi all, representative from Drone Doctor here. Unfortunately our customer never updated this thread. I thought I should follow up as this is a bit unpleasant to read.

We received the drone back and nothing was wrong with it, the drone worked perfectly so it was returned to the customer at no charge (after we paid postage both ways).

Frequently Asked Questions | Drone Doctor UK :
1.JPG

Post 10 of this thread :
2.JPG

Service Centers - DJI :
3.JPG

The difference between "authorized" and "recommended" is so small that it is a misleading practice for the customer. The term "recommended and not included in the warranty" would be more appropriate.

R.gif

1-9 09:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules