495 9 2023-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TapDance
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283583 ft

United States

Greetings all,  
New 1st time drone owner here with a new Air 3. Been making vids in std color with no issues so I decided to try Dlog. I’m an avid still photo shooter in RAW format so I know my way around that side of color correction. So I went out to shoot some video in 4k/30 Dlog with color temp set at 5600k, shutter and ISO on Auto. Pulled the video and reviewed in Windows media player to sort them into groups. They all looked fine except of course flat due to Dlog. Then loaded the clips into Davinci Resolve for editing. I noticed that in some sequences, one side of the frame was a different color than the other, split pretty much straight down the middle of the frame. This was before making any color corrections/grading. When I actually applied some grading in Resolve the difference between each side of the frame became really obvious. The color changes seem to be occurring on the side of the frame that had the brightest lighting. The oddest thing is that it’s split in the middle of the sensor along such a sharp line. Almost like one side of the sensor is sending different data from the opposite side. I’ve attached a couple of shots showing the color differences and a link to a file share with some short vids.

Any ideas here, anyone seen this before or is it something I’m missing as a newbie? I do love the aircraft and learning to fly it.
Thanks!
File share link for vids:  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w9gcgsrny5w7j/Support+Share

PS - How do you remove pictures from a post? I accidentally double posted, apologies...

Left side

Left side

Right side

Right side

Started grading

Started grading

Lft side color

Lft side color

Rt side color

Rt side color

Grading started

Grading started
2023-11-27
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that’s very strange
2023-11-28
Use props
PhantomDj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98507 ft

Greece

If this is happening on some frames, can you try to see if it still happens when using internal storage versus the SD card ? (Just in case the SD card has some issues catching up with data written to it since D-Log M requires faster write data rate)
2023-11-28
Use props
TapDance
lvl.3

United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 11-28 04:54
Now that’s very strange

Especially the sharp demarc between each side and that the side changes depending on which side of the frame has the more intense lighting.
2023-11-28
Use props
TapDance
lvl.3

United States

PhantomDj Posted at 11-28 12:56
If this is happening on some frames, can you try to see if it still happens when using internal storage versus the SD card ? (Just in case the SD card has some issues catching up with data written to it since D-Log M requires faster write data rate)

I'll test further once it warms up a bit. I'm using Dji approved brand new V30 A2 cards which should be sufficient. I would also think that it would show the same effects on all frames since it's dumping data at the same rate.. Will take it direct to DJi after some further evaluation.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Does the issue only present when using the D-log or does the issue also appear in normal mode? Please try to back up all the files on your SD card and please reformat it then have a test flight to check the issue further. Lastly, please try to record on the internal storage and let us know the result. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-11-28
Use props
TapDance
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 21:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Does the issue only present when using the D-log or does the issue also appear in normal mode? Please try to back up all the files on your SD card and please reformat it then have a test flight to check the issue further. Lastly, please try to record on the internal storage and let us know the result. We appreciate your cooperation.

I format the SD card after every recording session before taking the aircraft out again..in other words every new flight session is recording to freshly formatted media. I see today another thread that has brought up the identical issue from User:djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh titled "Air 3 artifacts on video"

OtherThread.JPG
OtherThread.JPG
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TapDance Posted at 11-29 06:42
I format the SD card after every recording session before taking the aircraft out again..in other words every new flight session is recording to freshly formatted media. I see today another thread that has brought up the identical issue from User:djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh titled "Air 3 artifacts on video"

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this issue of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-1
Use props
TapDance
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-1 05:13
Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this issue of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. We appreciate your understanding.

This issue is resolved. It isn't the fault of the aircraft, it's a limitation in Davinci Resolve free edition. It doesn't handle 10 bit video.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TapDance Posted at 12-1 11:39
This issue is resolved. It isn't the fault of the aircraft, it's a limitation in Davinci Resolve free edition. It doesn't handle 10 bit video.

We appreciate you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue. Should you have otheri inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules