Mavic Air 2 Remote ID
519 10 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasford52
lvl.1
United States

Will there be a Remote ID firmware update for the Mavic Air 2?
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For the Mavic Air 2, the Firmware version (V01.01.16.00) has added support for United States RID requirements. You could please update and try, thanks.
2023-11-28
Use props
Antonio EA8BJ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2023-11-28 20:32
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For the Mavic Air 2, the Firmware version (V01.01.16.00) has added support for United States RID requirements. You could please update and try, thanks.

Good morning. Could you explain to us why the Mavic Air 2 does have an update for the remote ID in the US and, being the same device, with the same technical characteristics, this is not the case in Europe? At a legal level, this could be interpreted as a "comparative tort." Thanks for your answer.
2-13 20:20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Antonio EA8BJ Posted at 2-13 20:20
Good morning. Could you explain to us why the Mavic Air 2 does have an update for the remote ID in the US and, being the same device, with the same technical characteristics, this is not the case in Europe? At a legal level, this could be interpreted as a "comparative tort." Thanks for your answer.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For earlier drones that weigh over 250 g but less than 25 kg, you can fly them in the A3 environment without the RID function.
2-13 22:50
Use props
Antonio EA8BJ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2-13 22:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For earlier drones that weigh over 250 g but less than 25 kg, you can fly them in the A3 environment without the RID function.

That's not what I asked. Could you answer my question correctly? thank you
2-14 00:26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Antonio EA8BJ Posted at 2-14 00:26
That's not what I asked. Could you answer my question correctly? thank you

Hi Antonio EA8BJ, we are sorry that different countries have different policies. It is recommended to follow local policies. For your feedback, we will also forward to our relevant team to further evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2-14 01:09
Use props
Antonio EA8BJ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2-14 01:09
Hi Antonio EA8BJ, we are sorry that different countries have different policies. It is recommended to follow local policies. For your feedback, we will also forward to our relevant team to further evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.

In Europe, we are also responsible and respect local regulations. But in the case of the Mavic Air 2, in reference to Remote ID, we are coaxed because, in the US, this same drone has received the corresponding update to program and execute Remote ID while in Europe, being the same drone, with the same technical characteristics, the owners, we do not have that update available. why does this happen? What do European enforcement standards have to do with DJI's support policies as a manufacturer? I insist...legally, we are facing a clear example of comparative tort. For the last time and, with the utmost respect...What are you going to do about it? Thank you
2-14 02:13
Use props
Slavomir
New

Serbia

DJI Thor Posted at 2-13 22:50

The problem still exists, we - as drone operators/pilots are unable to do anything regarding DRI. Does DJI has any plans to address the issue?
3-19 00:33
Use props
djiuser_lrkcIpVayGfr
New

Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2-14 01:09

I'm in Canada and cannot take off due to a remote ID error.  I'm on the latest firmware 01.01.1600 and can see I have a remote ID SN.  What can I do to start flying again in Canada? I'm able to fly in the US no problem but the drone doesn't work in Canada.  Please help.
3-21 05:59
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Slavomir Posted at 3-19 00:33
The problem still exists, we - as drone operators/pilots are unable to do anything regarding DRI. Does DJI has any plans to address the issue?

Hi there, sorry that there is currently no plan on it. For the Mavic Air 2, the drone has been discontinued, and it is unable to apply for the Cx certification for it. However, you can fly it in the A3 environment.
3-22 03:24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_lrkcIpVayGfr Posted at 3-21 05:59
I'm in Canada and cannot take off due to a remote ID error.  I'm on the latest firmware 01.01.1600 and can see I have a remote ID SN.  What can I do to start flying again in Canada? I'm able to fly in the US no problem but the drone doesn't work in Canada.  Please help.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Before flying in the current area, please also make sure the app version has been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. Thanks.
3-22 03:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules