923 7 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had Lidar focusing issues for the last couple of months.
No idea where this came from - I even purchased an L-mount and lenses hoping it was the Sony based mount.

Basically Lidar focus is not aligned with correct focus. So when the image is sharp the lidar pattern is behind  the correct distance.

Also, I've noticed lens minimum focus is not correct as per actual lens minimum focus. For instance panasonic s18mm min focus is 0.18m - 4D scale is 0.30. The scale is incorrect on many lenses unless you manually calibrate lenses.

This current issue renders Lidar useless.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there!

Hope you are well!

Thank you so much for your concern!

I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking!

Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response.

Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!

2023-12-4
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks - this affects a lot of people.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey there, we acknowledge your concerns regarding focus irregularities with the Panasonic S18mm lens on the 4D system. Here are some suggestions and clarifications to help resolve the issue:

1. Confirmation of Autofocus Usage:
Kindly confirm whether you are using AF (autofocus) functionality. Additionally, please providing a video showcasing the specific focus anomaly would greatly assist in understanding the issue better.

2. 4D Compatibility and Lens Calibration:
Please note that the Panasonic S18mm lens is currently not on the 4D compatibility list, and no compatibility testing has been conducted. We recommend trying manual lens calibration with multiple calibration points to enhance focus accuracy during the calibration process.

3. Minimum Focus Distance on 4D:
The minimum focus distance displayed on 4D is 0.3m due to the LiDAR's minimum ranging distance being 0.3m. If your lens has a minimum focus distance less than 0.3m, please consider using manual focus mode for better control.

4. Further Troubleshooting Steps:
If focus issues persist even with a compatible lens, kindly provide a video demonstrating the abnormal focus during operation. Include details such as machine firmware version information and 4D's body log files in the following link:

https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/HSRHqa5T7zitHpt

Your cooperation in providing additional information will greatly assist us in resolving the focus anomalies you are encountering.

2023-12-5
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi - I've now just purchased an 8K Camera head and all my lenses and mounts are perfect Auto-focus with no issue. Swap back to the old 6K head and same problems with auto focus.

My Camera head went back to DJI to have new ND filters as they failed - could it be that this wasn't calibrated correctly at the factory?

Can I get this checked under warranty please? the 6K under auto focus is unuseable.
2023-12-22
Use props
djiuser_b8iqfhFpfotD
lvl.2
Finland

Same problem with Sony 24 1.4 gm lens, bought the 6k today. F:::::::ck
1-25 15:15
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine turned out to be a faulty camera head.

It was replaced. It was not the Lidar unit itself.
1-25 23:36
Use props
fansc73009c8
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_b8iqfhFpfotD Posted at 1-25 15:15
Same problem with Sony 24 1.4 gm lens, bought the 6k today. F:::::::ck

sony 24G is on the compatibility list, and mine is also not working, it used to work at the beginning and then stopped as if the connection between camera mount and lens was lost, but other lenses work
3-9 01:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules