Mimo App only as a apk download for Android?
4248 22 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Why is the Mimo app only downloadable as a unsafe, unsigned apk file and not available trough the app store?
Sorry but this is a safety concern and very unprofessional!

2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Coyut. Sorry about the inconvenience. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. Please get the latest version of the app through DJI’s official website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2023-11-29
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI is not some small start-up with a guerilla development.
You should fix your app roll out to safe industry standard again.. I'm not going to install a unsigned apk on any of my devices.
Many companies will also forbid unsigned packages on their devices.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Coyut Posted at 11-29 01:06
DJI is not some small start-up with a guerilla development.
You should fix your app roll out to safe industry standard again.. I'm not going to install a unsigned apk on any of my devices.
Many companies will also forbid unsigned packages on their devices.

I understand. I will forward your feedback to the related department for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-29
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, I agree with you on the principe. The main issue is for the application update, users need to check on the DJI website to verify if an update of the application is available. If the application is provided over Google Play Store, the update management is easier for the user. DJI please update the management of the application. Thank you :-)
2023-11-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's been this way for a few years.  So don't expect them to suddenly change it to standard practice.
2023-11-29
Use props
FIOFON
lvl.3
United Kingdom

As the Mimo app is no longer on plays store what app and proceadure do users use to open the app file on a Win 10 pc
2023-12-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here, I download it from DJI and after I download it, my phone warns me that Google have not checked it, and it asks if I really want to install it.  I confirm that I do wish to proceed, and it installs like any other app.  While I understand that people have concern over this unusual way of doing things, personally I have never encountered any privacy or other problems as a result of using Mimo.
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FIOFON Posted at 12-2 19:14
As the Mimo app is no longer on plays store what app and proceadure do users use to open the app file on a Win 10 pc

Hi. You can transfer the APK file to your phone from your PC or download the file directly from our website using your phone. Here is the link for the DJI official website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo. Once downloaded, select the file and you will get a prompt on whether to install the app. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-2
Use props
FIOFON
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice on this and it worked, I had previously updated to the latest Firmware using the original one I had when i updated a 3 weeks ago when i registered the camera.
On following your instructions the app showed that an update was available again and it was the same one as i did a few days ago. This time the difference was that now the battery handle Firmware showed the correct version ending in 29 previously it said 28. It will be interesting now to see if anything else changed e.g. RE Centre
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FIOFON Posted at 12-3 08:52
Thanks for your advice on this and it worked, I had previously updated to the latest Firmware using the original one I had when i updated a 3 weeks ago when i registered the camera.
On following your instructions the app showed that an update was available again and it was the same one as i did a few days ago. This time the difference was that now the battery handle Firmware showed the correct version ending in 29 previously it said 28. It will be interesting now to see if anything else changed e.g. RE Centre

Hi there. You are most welcome. If you want to see the changes from the firmware, you may visit this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-300341-1-1.html. Have a nice day.
2023-12-3
Use props
hino89
New

Pakistan

Wellspring of Download:

Where did you endeavor to download the Mimo application as an unsigned APK record? Guarantee that you are involving the authority source or site for the application download.
Application Store Check:

Have you checked the authority application store (e.g., Google Play Store for Android or Apple Application Store for iOS) to confirm assuming that Mimo is accessible there? It's prescribed to download applications just from official application stores to guarantee wellbeing and security.
Official Correspondence:

Have you checked the authority site or correspondence channels of Mimo for any declarations or updates in regards to the accessibility of the application on application stores? Engineers normally impart such changes through their authority channels.
Security Concerns:

Could you at any point determine the security concerns you have in regards to the unsigned APK document? Understanding the particular worries can help in tending to them or giving other options.
Client Audits and Appraisals:

In the event that accessible, have you checked client audits and evaluations for the Mimo application on official application stores? Client criticism can give bits of knowledge into the application's wellbeing and dependability.
Elective Application Stores:

Is it safe to say that you are thinking about downloading the application from elective application stores? Be wary while utilizing outsider application stores, as they might not have a similar degree of safety and screening as official application stores.
Reaching Mimo Backing:

Have you given arriving at a shot to Mimo's client care or helpdesk to ask about the accessibility of the application on official application stores? They could give data or explain what is going on.
Check for Updates:

Guarantee that you are utilizing the most recent adaptation of the Mimo application. Engineers frequently discharge refreshes that address security concerns and improve application soundness.
Official Documentation:

Check Mimo's true documentation or backing pages for any data about application dissemination and download strategies. This can give clearness on the expected appropriation channels.
Local area Input:

Assuming you are important for any Mimo client networks or gatherings, consider checking for conversations connected with application dispersion. Different clients might share their encounters and bits of knowledge.
2023-12-11
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing says that DJI can't be trusted with our data like their inability to create apps that pass Play Store requirements.
2023-12-11
Use props
horhokokki
lvl.1

Finland

Everythin in app says that you cant trust for this one. Even the behaviour of back button is broken. I was thinking to buy dji camera.. but checked out this apk... and I can say, no need to biy any camera from this manufacturer. Some weird banners going on and goiing to new apk when hitting some button and so on.. not for me apk like this. And even no respect for user's ui settings.. so small font even I have big font in my system... just bad design of software-.. I am not so surpised that won't found in google playstore.. it is just a mark for to forget this.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

horhokokki Posted at 12-13 23:40
Everythin in app says that you cant trust for this one. Even the behaviour of back button is broken. I was thinking to buy dji camera.. but checked out this apk... and I can say, no need to biy any camera from this manufacturer. Some weird banners going on and goiing to new apk when hitting some button and so on.. not for me apk like this. And even no respect for user's ui settings.. so small font even I have big font in my system... just bad design of software-.. I am not so surpised that won't found in google playstore.. it is just a mark for to forget this.

We are sorry we did not reach your satisfaction. Please rest assured your feedback will reach the relevant team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-17
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

It's unfair and abusive to make the app available for download from the app store for iPhones, but only require Android users to install it from a link on the site rather than from the app store, putting them at risk.

I have it installed on my spare iPhone, but I don't understand why DJI would do this, and it always makes me feel uneasy.
2023-12-17
Use props
djiuser_6ya8qgnoPBeg
lvl.1

Czechia

I always thought DJI is a good company but after buying Osmo SE, I see how shady they are. I checked some analysis for this app and Mimo seems to be collecting way more personal data than it actually needs. Then there are in-app updates which is a huge no no. Google has a good reason to not allow them on their storefront and you should not allow this app on your phone. Returning my Osmo first thing tomorrow and never buying anything from this company again.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drift.dk Posted at 12-17 04:16
It's unfair and abusive to make the app available for download from the app store for iPhones, but only require Android users to install it from a link on the site rather than from the app store, putting them at risk.

I have it installed on my spare iPhone, but I don't understand why DJI would do this, and it always makes me feel uneasy.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_wV10vfgAOQK8
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-27 02:41
Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
When can we expect the app to be available again in the Google Play store? I just bought the Pocket and I don't feel safe downloading the APK off your website. It has been several years since you have had an app to download through Play store.

Such a great camera but I'll returnyour product and find another camera option if I vamt downloaded
1-19 21:28
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, I receive an update of the DJI Mimo app over Galaxy Store on my Android phone.
1-20 01:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wV10vfgAOQK8 Posted at 1-19 21:28
When can we expect the app to be available again in the Google Play store? I just bought the Pocket and I don't feel safe downloading the APK off your website. It has been several years since you have had an app to download through Play store.

Such a great camera but I'll returnyour product and find another camera option if I vamt downloaded

It has not yet been determined when the apps will be downloadable again from Google Play. If there are any further updates, we will promptly send out a notification. Thank you.
1-20 02:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Xavier1984 Posted at 1-20 01:48
Hi, I receive an update of the DJI Mimo app over Galaxy Store on my Android phone.

Hi. Yes. The DJI Mimo app is still available in the Galaxy store for updates and downloads. Have a nice day.
1-20 02:10
Use props
jandreokandreo
New

Pakistan

In this instance, I obtained the application from DJI. Following the download, my phone issued a warning indicating that Google had not verified it. Despite this caution, I affirmed my intention to proceed, and the installation unfolded like any conventional app on (https://apkpapi.com/apps/). While I acknowledge the concerns surrounding this atypical process, personally, I have not experienced any privacy or other issues with Mimo.
2-6 03:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules