MINI 2 DJI Lost Signal - Critical problem 5.8ghz
1107 10 2023-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guitedeschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1098054 ft
Brazil

Dear DJI,  last week I made a activation of a brand new drone Mini 2 (It was 23, November, 2023).
After I made all the firmware update I went to my first test flight and just about few meters away I lost signal wit the aircraft and luckly I coud recover it with no damages.

After a few research I foud the problem is the 5.8ghz band its not working, Im losing signal about a few centimeters away from the aircraft (in a open space) . And when I change to 2.8ghz manually it gets a much better signal.

So I found hundreds of people saing the 5.8ghz chip its burning after some firmware update. I need to know whats going on. Can you help me?

Can someone tell me the e-mail support contact of DJI?
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. When the signal is disconnected when manually switched to the 5.8GHz band, it means that the current environment has relatively large interference in the 5.8GHz frequency band. It is recommended that you use the dual-band and "Auto mode" under Transmission settings. This mode does not require you to judge the interference degree of the frequency band and channel by himself, and will automatically help you to choose the frequency band and channel with the least interference. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-11-30
Use props
guitedeschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1098054 ft
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 00:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. When the signal is disconnected when manually switched to the 5.8GHz band, it means that the current environment has relatively large interference in the 5.8GHz frequency band. It is recommended that you use the dual-band and "Auto mode" under Transmission settings. This mode does not require you to judge the interference degree of the frequency band and channel by himself, and will automatically help you to choose the frequency band and channel with the least interference. Hope this helps. Thank you.

You havent read my thread.  I think DJI believe his consumers are dumb.

I tested other several drones on the same enviroment and only this one has this problem.

Why DJI simply ignore and write wrong answers for this crictical problem? There is a lot of people reporting the same problem in other threads and no one honest answer by DJI.

2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

Imo your opinion is likely correct, they dgaf and think you're too dumb to know what you're inquiring about.
2023-12-1
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Not sure where you are located, but in some countries the 5.8 GHz band is not used because it interferes with airport runway guidance frequencies. If that's your case, switching manually to 5.8 will mean there is no signal.
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_yrYVi9m0mMVq
New

Australia

I have same problem. This is completely unfair.  DJI releases the update and it breaks our device.  What happens to devices whose warranty has expired?  Do I have to pay DJI again for my device that DJI broke?
3-9 06:21
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169990 ft
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-30 00:30

I'm having the exactly same issue and flown my drone for the past two years without an issue. Telling to switch to automatic is even worse than switching to 2.4GHz.

5.8 is dead and has nothing to do with my environment|

3-10 07:37
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Hoarfrost Posted at 2023-12-2 20:38
Not sure where you are located, but in some countries the 5.8 GHz band is not used because it interferes with airport runway guidance frequencies. If that's your case, switching manually to 5.8 will mean there is no signal.

Never heard of this before! Does anyone know which countries are affected. I surmised the 5.8ghz problem was down to overheating of the drone during updates.
3-10 10:10
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 10:10
Never heard of this before! Does anyone know which countries are affected. I surmised the 5.8ghz problem was down to overheating of the drone during updates.

These and probably others now as well:
Just a reminder that due to local policy and regulation restrictions, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is currently banned in certain countries, including but not limited to Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan.
3-10 14:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nmb1970 Posted at 3-10 07:37
I'm having the exactly same issue and flown my drone for the past two years without an issue. Telling to switch to automatic is even worse than switching to 2.4GHz.

5.8 is dead and has nothing to do with my environment|

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Have you tried to test flight this drone outdoors or in a different location to further isolate the issue? Please note that if you are located in the EU, the maximum transfer power should be 18 dBm when using 2.4GHz and the maximum transfer power should be 14 dBm when using 5.8GHz. This is the standard of CE. The aircraft’s frequency band will be changed automatically according to the current flight area, and manual switching is not supported or required.
3-10 21:11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Hoarfrost Posted at 3-10 14:11
These and probably others now as well:
Just a reminder that due to local policy and regulation restrictions, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is currently banned in certain countries, including but not limited to Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan.

Thanks for that info Hoarfrost. I didn't realise there were indeed countries that banned 5.8 ghz freqs. I guess I still have a few rules and regulations to learn. It seems neverending.
3-11 00:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules