Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I can't compress 10 bit(D-Cinelike) into h264. Is it possible?
361 8 2023-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adrian.Puscas
lvl.1

Romania

My Action 3 doesn't let me to select the h264 compression option whenever I have selected the D-Cinelike 10 bit option. Or the HDR.

I get the following message, that it can only be done with HEVC. I have a slowish laptop and I can't edit with HEVC, it works too slow.

But I saw numerous tutorials on YT about different settings, all the guys reccomened the h264.....but could do the HDR or D-Cinelike 10 bit  with the 4K as well.

What am I doing wrong?

405391092_655278713469333_3620530036809357522_n.jpg
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Adrian. Thank you for reaching out. You are not doing wrong, this is normal. The D-cinelike 10bit color profile along with our settings indicated on that message is only available in HEVC (H.265) format. We will gather this feedback of yours and forward it to our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-30
Use props
Adrian.Puscas
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 00:24
Hi there, Adrian. Thank you for reaching out. You are not doing wrong, this is normal. The D-cinelike 10bit color profile along with our settings indicated on that message is only available in HEVC (H.265) format. We will gather this feedback of yours and forward it to our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your answer.

I inquired about this issue more, and I discovered that there was an update at some point, in which the D Cinelike mode was upgraded to 10 bit(was 8 bit when the Action 3 was released).

When looking at the settings in Pro mode, it seems I cannot use the regular D-Cinelike factory setting anymore. It's either the 10 bit(thus automatically being redirected to the HEVC  compression) or the Normal mode.

Is there a way around this as well? If I can't use the HDR or anything 10 bit related in h264 compression, I'd like to at least be able to use the D Cinelike mode in 8 bit so that it can be compressed in that h264 mode.

I looked at different editing sites and none support my HEVC videos. Manually converting HEVC to h264 will take too much time unfortunately. I will buy a faster laptop at some point, but in the meantime I'd like to get a better quality as possible in the h264 compression.
2023-11-30
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

Based on the info you provided, it seems you have an old(er) laptop so chances are it cannot even display 10 bit even if you were to record in 10 bit.
Also, it seems the OA3 does not record in true 10 bit HDR so  you can’t even upload it to YT as such.

See this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=295617

YT 10 bit upload requirements (in case you want to upload):
https://support.google.com/youtu ... upload-requirements
2023-11-30
Use props
Adrian.Puscas
lvl.1

Romania

osmonauta Posted at 11-30 07:43
Based on the info you provided, it seems you have an old(er) laptop so chances are it cannot even display 10 bit even if you were to record in 10 bit.
Also, it seems the OA3 does not record in true 10 bit HDR so  you can’t even upload it to YT as such.

At this point I'd be content shooting the regular 8 bit, messing with the settings a little bit judging by the outside conditions.

The regular D Cinelike would help a lot though. The one pre 10 bit update.

But as I said, it doesn't work on my device anymore. It's either 10 bit or nothing.
2023-11-30
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

Maybe it's not HEVC that is giving you issues but the combination of 4K + HEVC. Maybe try 2.7K or even 1080p with D-cine.
2023-11-30
Use props
Adrian.Puscas
lvl.1

Romania

osmonauta Posted at 11-30 12:20
Maybe it's not HEVC that is giving you issues but the combination of 4K + HEVC. Maybe try 2.7K or even 1080p with D-cine.

I tried it, not working. D-Cine after the update is stuck at 10 bit, no matter what resolution I choose.

I can still do 4K with no HEVC in h264, just with the color setting to Normal. If I select D Cine, it automatically moves me to HEVC.
I watched a bunched of Youtube videos of guys explaining and suggesting different variations of the settings for better results, I know for a fact you could select D-Cine, 4k and still be able to do h264 when the camera came out.

It's not possible now it seems.

2023-11-30
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

What I was saying is to use 1080p or 2.7k with HEVC + D-Cine. You get 10bit + it will be easier on your laptop than 4k.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Adrian.Puscas Posted at 11-30 06:35
Thank you for your answer.

I inquired about this issue more, and I discovered that there was an update at some point, in which the D Cinelike mode was upgraded to 10 bit(was 8 bit when the Action 3 was released).

Thank you for your response. We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our developers for future consideration. Please note that after Osmo Action 3 firmware V01.02.10.10, all resolution and frame rates are supported with 10-bit video in D-Cinelike mode (shown as "D-CLike 10bit" in the app) except if your resolution and frame rate are set to 1080p/240fps or 4k/16:9/120fp, and only D-CLike is supported. Thank you.
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules