lvl.3
Flight distance : 25125 ft
South Korea

As I know of, There are some Regional versions for M300.For example,
- Universal
- NA(North America)
- KR(South Korea)
- CHINA(?)

and each Regional versions have its own 'operatable regions' set by DJI.  
When one tries to fly the drone out of this 'operatable regions' set by DJI, one gets this Error - "Flight Restrictions. Unable to fly in this area (0x16100091)" - and this has nothing to do with GEOFENCE, as I know of.

I have experienced this Error when I brought an Universal version of M300 to Texas, USA. (at that time the firmware version was v03.xx). Because of this 'regional restriction', I had to buy a new NA version of M300 there, wasting my time and money. Anyway, after recognizing this 'regional restriction' set by DJI, this has been a big obstacle when I plan to operate this drone in multiple countries. I have complained to DJI about this many times.

There are already some discussions about this 0x16100091 error. - LINK

And recently, I've heard this from one guy from DJI:
"with firmware version of v06 or later, the regional division has been simplified, now it only distinguishes 'China' and 'Out of China'. So now the 'operatable regions' for Universal, NA, KR versions are the same."

As this is very critical matter for the multi-national operation of M300, I really want to clarify once more with this forum post.
So the questions are:

- Could you verify that the above statement is true?
- When you take the Universal version M300 to Texas, USA, is it flyable? (with the latest firmware - v07)?
- When you take the Universal version M300 to anywhere on earth except mainland China, is it flyable? (with the latest firmware - v07)?
- When you take the NA version M300 to anywhere on earth except mainland China, is it flyable? (with the latest firmware - v07)?
- When you take the KR version M300 to anywhere on earth except mainland China, is it flyable? (with the latest firmware - v07)?

2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. This error message is caused by a mismatch between the aircraft’s country code and flight region.

You could provide us the aircraft serial number and geographic information of the flight area. We will help you to further check with our relevant team, thanks.

*If it is inconvenient to post here, you could reply via PM.
2023-11-30
Use props
nearthlab
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 11-30 02:06
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. This error message is caused by a mismatch between the aircraft’s country code and flight region.

You could provide us the aircraft serial number and geographic information of the flight area. We will help you to further check with our relevant team, thanks.

Thanks for the reply,

I have dozens of M300s and they have country code of Universal, NA, and KR.
I want to know which specific resgions are restricted by this 'Flight restriction 0x16100091 Error' by each country code. (or, which specific regions are not restricted by this 'Flight restriction 0x16100091 Error' by each country code). Especiallly, when it is updated to v06 or later firmware.

If possible, Please make 'relevant team' to see my post above and answer the policy or technical description about it.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

nearthlab Posted at 11-30 22:06
Thanks for the reply,

I have dozens of M300s and they have country code of Universal, NA, and KR.

After the communication, it is suggested you could send us the aircraft serial number and geographic information of the flight area via e-mail (support@dji.com). Once we receive your e-mail, our relevant team will help to further confirm.

If it is caused by a sales version error, it is suggested you could contact with the dealer for further assistance.
2023-12-1
Use props
nearthlab
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 12-1 01:47
After the communication, it is suggested you could send us the aircraft serial number and geographic information of the flight area via e-mail (). Once we receive your e-mail, our relevant team will help to further confirm.

If it is caused by a sales version error, it is suggested you could contact with the dealer for further assistance.

Alright, I'll go for it.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

nearthlab Posted at 12-4 00:41
Alright, I'll go for it.

Sure. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know. We will be here to help!
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules