Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M stopped working, as if motor kill was turned on
754982 754982 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rafael.fozi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155512 ft
Brazil

Hi!

I have a problem with my Ronin-M. This weekend after working perfectly it stopped working, as if motor kill was turned on. Tried connecting with my iphone with bluetooth, which had always worked, but it didn't find it. Tried connecting to my pc, found the ronin, but could not change any parameters and can't upgrade firmware...

Any ideas? Is there someway to do a hard reset or something?
2015-9-7
Use props
rafael.fozi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155512 ft
Brazil

My assistant stay like this, when Ronin-M is connected and powered on.
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Could you please give me the other "Upgrade" and "Info"  screen?
2015-9-8
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have the same , like somany others... leaving on holiday and wanted to take it with me next week... and its dead now almost 3 weeks... got a mail I beter send it back today wich I really didn't hope for... there must be  soluition for this
2015-9-8
Use props
shycookey
New

St Kitts and Nevis

I have a similar ptroblem. When I ppwer up the  ronin m  nothing happens. the battery lights up as it should and a blinking red light  on the ronin m.       I first unboxed it about 3 days ago, every thing setup as should. downloaded the assistant app.  powered on the ronin and I saw it started to calibrate like it should.  but after I turned it of then back on, nothing happens. it's like the motors are not receiving any power. its brand new.  never been used.  any help suggestions or advice?
2015-9-9
Use props
shycookey
New

St Kitts and Nevis

Did you ever get this issue solved?
2015-9-9
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

Seriously, i am scared to do any further updates... DJI that is no fun and unprofessional.
2015-9-10
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

nothing is solved its just a 1700 euro unusable thing on my closet
2015-9-10
Use props
shycookey
New

St Kitts and Nevis

I've been on several forums and it seems like quite a number of persons are having this same problem. I'm sure DJI must have heard about this issue.
Are they doing absolutely Nothing about it?  Does anyone know if anyone ever got this problem solved before?
2015-9-10
Use props
heychad
New

United States

I am having the same problem. I just got my Ronin-M today and it is dead on arrival. It seems the motors aren't working at all. I turn it on and it doesn't move at all. I can't connect to it with the app either. When I plug in via USB it says that it needs to update the firmware, so I download, install and restart the Ronin-M and the Mac app says I need to update the firmware again like it never did anything.

When I try to calibrate it say to Turn the Motor Kill switch off, but I never enabled it. I can't connect to the Ronin-M to do anything at all...

Really frustrating to spend all this money to have it not work at all.
2015-9-13
Use props
heychad
New

United States

Also, same readings from the Gimbal tab as Rafael, weird.

2015-9-13
Use props
fran_otero
New

Argentina

Hi! I have the same problem and i don't know what to do. Did you solved it? Thanks!
2015-9-27
Use props
vitor.gordo
New

Portugal

Same problem, anyone solved?
2016-1-5
Use props
stig.ark
New

Norway

Same problem here. can't use it. it won't work using the app one the phone, the assistant or nothing. its just there as a big brick of steel. help please?
2016-4-16
Use props
bstuckel
New

Canada

Are there any DJI people that can comment on this?  Its a common issue so lets get this figured out people.
2016-4-28
Use props
bstuckel
New

Canada

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-8 05:20
Could you please give me the other "Upgrade" and "Info"  screen?

Can you please provide an update on a resolution for this common problem.  Thank you.
2016-4-28
Use props
stevensheehy1
New
Ireland

Also having the exact same issue. SO FRUSTRATED!!!
2016-5-11
Use props
briandhallett
New

United States

HAS there been any fixes for this problem. Experiencing it right now and renter had the same problem. No Bueno
2016-10-18
Use props
BocusMedia
New
Trinidad and Tobago

Same problem here. The Motor Kill Switch is enabled and it wont disable for whatever reason.  
2016-12-23
Use props
thickglass
New

Russia

I have the same problem, any solution yet?

fansefedb02c
New

United Kingdom

Almost 1.5 years after this issue started (based on the thread above) and have DJI still not fixed the problem? I just open a brand new Ronin M and it has both issues mentioned above. according to the app 'motor kill' is apparently on when it's actually not and also a warning is coming up on the app saying 'not intelligent battery' despite me trying two official batteries from the box... DJI sure know how to loose repect in the industry. My D.O.P friend said I should go Movi because of appalling DJI assistance and now I see why. I basically brought a £1200 pile of metal.

Any DJI reps....what's going on with this issue?

2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansefedb02c Posted at 2017-1-10 15:21
Almost 1.5 years after this issue started (based on the thread above) and have DJI still not fixed the problem? I just open a brand new Ronin M and it has both issues mentioned above. according to the app 'motor kill' is apparently on when it's actually not and also a warning is coming up on the app saying 'not intelligent battery' despite me trying two official batteries from the box... DJI sure know how to loose repect in the industry. My D.O.P friend said I should go Movi because of appalling DJI assistance and now I see why. I basically brought a £1200 pile of metal.

Any DJI reps....what's going on with this issue?

Have you made sure that the battery is firmly in the battery compartment? The 'non intelligent battery' warning can appear if it's not fully in. Did you get this unit from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2017-1-10
Use props
fansefedb02c
New

United Kingdom

ah my apologies... the battery pack was ever so slightly out...Thanks a million. I take back the comment about being bad at assistance.

2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansefedb02c Posted at 2017-1-11 03:00
ah my apologies... the battery pack was ever so slightly out...Thanks a million. I take back the comment about being bad at assistance.

Good to hear it got straightened out. I understand it's easy to get hyped when you've spent a pretty penny to begin with.
2017-1-12
Use props
fansb2d5b399
New

United States

Still no fix from DJI? Geez, thanks guys
2017-1-30
Use props
grndmastersplsh
New

United States

Sup fellas instead of adding to the long list of fellow Ronin operators I'll just say what I did that fixed the problem. Long story short, the Ronin-M has a function called motion kill that shuts down the power to the motors to prevent them from damaging after a trauma. Simply go into the assistant app for PC/MAC/Mobile and unselect that "enable motor kill" if that doesn't work reset to factory default. Worked for me I hope it works for you all.
2017-3-11
Use props
fans64fb8ff1
lvl.1

United States

grndmastersplsh Posted at 2017-3-11 18:39
Sup fellas instead of adding to the long list of fellow Ronin operators I'll just say what I did that fixed the problem. Long story short, the Ronin-M has a function called motion kill that shuts down the power to the motors to prevent them from damaging after a trauma. Simply go into the assistant app for PC/MAC/Mobile and unselect that "enable motor kill" if that doesn't work reset to factory default. Worked for me I hope it works for you all.

I can't turn Motor Kill on or off even after resetting the app to factory default. Ugh
2017-3-23
Use props
fans4227faf3
New

United States

I just had a job ruined because of the motor kill problem. I came in as an operator and ended up shooting b roll on sticks. NOT COOL!!!
2017-4-9
Use props
Adrinaik
lvl.1

Spain

I have a similar issue. I have a brand new Ronin-M (bought from a dealer in Spain) three days ago and it came with two battery packs (1580 mAh version). Today, when I put on the same battery that I was using the last time that I used, I turned the Ronin on, the gimbal went to the initial position, but then, the motors died. Anyways, I can use the app, but, even if I select auto tune stability, it does nothing. 15 minutes later, after changing the battery packs several times with no success, the Ronin stayed on vibrating, so I selected auto tune stability as fast as I could, and the problem dissapeared. Even, I changed the battery packs, turned on and off the Ronin several times and it worked fine. I'm affraid of that this issue will appear just when I have to shoot a job.
2017-6-9
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

I need some assitance. Have a new Ronin M bought from B&H. I took it out to test today for first time - did setup and balanced out GH5 camera. When i tried to turn it on the motors did not engage but if you listen closely there is a low level hum. I was unable to connect to app on either android or iphone but managed to connect on IMac.  The green light holds solid and the blue light blinks in app but the activate button is greyed out. I tried de-activating the  motor kill switch but nothing changes. I did upgrades and everything is up to date except IMU. For some reason this shows as 0.0 but indicates that the latest version to upgrade to is 1.4. When i try to update it starts but then asks to cycle power and try again, which only restarts the same process. Really need some advice on this one
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Feste Films Posted at 2017-6-14 16:46
I need some assitance. Have a new Ronin M bought from B&H. I took it out to test today for first time - did setup and balanced out GH5 camera. When i tried to turn it on the motors did not engage but if you listen closely there is a low level hum. I was unable to connect to app on either android or iphone but managed to connect on IMac.  The green light holds solid and the blue light blinks in app but the activate button is greyed out. I tried de-activating the  motor kill switch but nothing changes. I did upgrades and everything is up to date except IMU. For some reason this shows as 0.0 but indicates that the latest version to upgrade to is 1.4. When i try to update it starts but then asks to cycle power and try again, which only restarts the same process. Really need some advice on this one

I responded to you on your own thread,
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Adrinaik Posted at 2017-6-9 20:03
I have a similar issue. I have a brand new Ronin-M (bought from a dealer in Spain) three days ago and it came with two battery packs (1580 mAh version). Today, when I put on the same battery that I was using the last time that I used, I turned the Ronin on, the gimbal went to the initial position, but then, the motors died. Anyways, I can use the app, but, even if I select auto tune stability, it does nothing. 15 minutes later, after changing the battery packs several times with no success, the Ronin stayed on vibrating, so I selected auto tune stability as fast as I could, and the problem dissapeared. Even, I changed the battery packs, turned on and off the Ronin several times and it worked fine. I'm affraid of that this issue will appear just when I have to shoot a job.

Did you make sure that the battery was seated all the way? It can cause the unit to go limp while retaining some power if it's not. Good to hear that it seemed to have resolved itself, but that's something you do want to check in the future. Resetting to defaults via the Gimbal Assistant would be something else to try in the future as well.
2017-6-14
Use props
B-Rad77
New

Australia

Ok, I've got the same problem with our RONIN when testing a car mount. I turned the motors off with the hand controller and they have never turned back on.
The battery is fully engaged, this system has been working flawlessly on a 3 week shoot in all sorts of modes, but now, its dead.
No Bluetooth connection, lights on, can hear the motors spinning, but not engaged at all.
We are in Melbourne Victoria, Australia and REALLY need some help.

Connecting to the Gimbal software doesn't allow me to do anything, I've tried restoring defaults, turning off the "Motor Kill" box, calibrating the system, auto-tune, but nothing is having any effect on the unit.

Please help us.
2017-6-24
Use props
sirak2
New

United States

Same thing happened to me I just bought it brand new. What the hell are we supposed to do.
2017-6-27
Use props
AMC CLIPS
New
United States

Ronin-M stopped working, as if motor kill was turned on. I have tried all my possible best to fix the issue but all my effort was abortive.

ISSUES
Ronin - M stopped working
Ronin - M not connecting
Ronin - M FIRMWARE not upgrading
Ronin - M is spinning
Can anyone help me here, I have not make a penny with this equipment. I am getting discouraged with DJI product
2017-7-4
Use props
fans7678d5e7
New

France

Guys I was having the same problem an it got fixed just pushing really hard down the battery, like they explain in this video
I hope it helps you!
2017-8-13
Use props
fans7678d5e7
New

France

they don't allow me to post a link... but in youtube look for thisDji Ronin / Ronin-M/ Ronin-MX not intelligent battery SOLUTION
2017-8-13
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

We had that issue too on some occasions. DJI already said make sure the bat is correctly engaged but to make this clear you really
NEED to PUSH the battery HARD towards the contacts before tightening the screws.
The batteries have two connectors. The big two are for charging and the very tiny once are for the communication. Make sure the tiny connectors have contact. Clean the contacts and press the bat hardly towards the contacts. This always worked for us.
If the small contacts are not really engaged all the above can happen :-/

Regards
2017-9-1
Use props
Thedonsza
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Had same issue, battery problem...
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

AMC CLIPS Posted at 2017-7-4 06:02
Ronin-M stopped working, as if motor kill was turned on. I have tried all my possible best to fix the issue but all my effort was abortive.

ISSUES

Did you ever contact Customer Support on this issue?
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules