o(^-^)o
DwightDG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33343 ft
United States

Good day,
When I go into my Mini 3 Pro and settings >

I select Sync Flight Data>

I get the essage that Sync Flight Records to cloud automatically when connected to wi-fi.
Log into your DJI account from any device to view and download flight data records saved in cloud.

When I go into my DJI account there is no cloud...

I see no other option to upload (export) my records to Drone Log Book..

Any advice?
2023-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My choice is to connect the screen device to computer via USB cable and download the logs including the DATs to the computer. I can then upload the logs to any device I want and the logs are always under my control, and not under control of the cloud-host.
Hence my apparent abysmal 16,000ft.
Mini 3 Pro DATs from the screen device are readable and they are deleted from the screen device during a sync.

With regards to a logbook, just out of curiosity what information do you record in it and do you use software to read that information from the .txt flight log e.g. FlightReader?
For my own logbook I have a Linux program that reads the csv of each .txt flightlog and then writes the desired information to a logbook-csv.
2023-11-30
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-30 08:49
I assume your device is connected to the internet & signed into you DJI account on the DJI RC?   If you are using the DJI RC, WiFi is disabled when you lift off.  You have to manually turn WiFi back on when you land.  When set to auto sync records, the sync should occur automatically when the device is connected to WiFi & signed into your DJI account.  If you enter the flight records screen in Fly, it will alert you if there are records that have not been uploaded & prompt you to sync them.

When I am done flying I do not get a message to upload flight information, but yes, Auto Sync Records is turned on.
2023-11-30
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-30 09:09
My choice is to connect the screen device to computer via USB cable and download the logs including the DATs to the computer. I can then upload the logs to any device I want and the logs are always under my control, and not under control of the cloud-host.
Hence my apparent abysmal 16,000ft.
Mini 3 Pro DATs from the screen device are readable and they are deleted from the screen device during a sync.

Thank you, I am not sure what you mean by some of this.  I use my Android Phone and the RC-N1 to pilot my Mini 3 Pro.  I usually just upload everything to Drone Log Book at the College where I am enrolled.  Once I hit a total of 30 hours of flight time, I will be qualified to start taking the Trusted Operator Program (TOPs) III.  So I just upload everything from the drone to their Drone Log book.

It no longer seems to be working
2023-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DwightDG Posted at 11-30 10:14
Thank you, I am not sure what you mean by some of this.  I use my Android Phone and the RC-N1 to pilot my Mini 3 Pro.  I usually just upload everything to Drone Log Book at the College where I am enrolled.  Once I hit a total of 30 hours of flight time, I will be qualified to start taking the Trusted Operator Program (TOPs) III.  So I just upload everything from the drone to their Drone Log book.

It no longer seems to be working

In your case "screen device" = the phone.
There are two types of log recorded on the phone, a txt flight log and a .DAT flight log. The .txt flight log is the one people generally use, the DAT records more technical stuff. These logs are recorded ONLY whilst the phone is connected to the drone via the controller.

To access these logs connect the phone to your computer via USB cable. If the computer is a Windows machine you will find the .txt log in Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord. I
If your computer is a Mac then you might need use "Android file transfer" in order to look inside the phone.

If you want the DATs and if they exist, they will be in the folder
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords.
Remember, syncing with DJI deletes these DATs and they CAN NOT be recovered.

The following pages may be of interest to you
1) https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/        You can upload a .txt to that site, see a replay of the flight there and download a csv version of the .txt flight log. You can do similar with the "Airdata" site though the csv is not as useful.

2) https://mavicpilots.com/threads/decrypt-any-dji-flight-log-with-flight-reader.113652/ = FlightReader

3) the real gem but not light reading https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-flight-log-retrieval-and-analysis-guide.78627/

I can't help with your college software, sorry but suggest you speak to the college's system administrator.

There is/are DATs recorded on/in the drone itself but, because of encryption, they are probably of no use to anyone bar DJI. These can be copied to computer via USB and the appropriate version of DJI Assistant 2.

2023-11-30
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

Super super helpful.   Thank you so much.

The college uses the fleet version of Drone log book.  We have hundreds of high end drones and fixed wing drones.

I was able to get the documents for export to their program from the flight safety officer.

What you provided goes beyond that in a very positive way.

Thank you
2023-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I forgot.....There are also graph producing softwares CsvView and DatCon both available from
https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html
best run on windows.

CsvView can read a Mini 3 Pro phone DAT and, on Windows, the csv of the .txt flight log that is produced by the Phantomhelp webpage or FlightReader, DatCon can probably read the phone DAT.

If you can program and have only Flyapp using drones you can probably write your own code to extract the information you want in your logbook from the csv's and write it to an output file.
It gets more complicated if you use multiple apps e.g. Go, Go4 & Fly, since the column ordering in the csv gets moved around.

If you have only one drone but fly a lot then, timewise, it might be worth looking at FlightReader to get the csv's.  
https://www.flightreader.com
https://www.flightreader.com/buy/
I don't know if it can produce a log book
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. To clarify, when this option is enabled, your flight records will automatically synced to the DJI server after connecting to the Wi-Fi. Furthermore, if you wish to export your flight records, you need to connect your mobile device to your Mac and navigate the DJI Fly app folder. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 00:37
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. To clarify, when this option is enabled, your flight records will automatically synced to the DJI server after connecting to the Wi-Fi. Furthermore, if you wish to export your flight records, you need to connect your mobile device to your Mac and navigate the DJI Fly app folder. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

I may as well ask, why are the DATs deleted during a sync?
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-2 06:49
I may as well ask, why are the DATs deleted during a sync?

Thank you for your notice. Please allow us to confirm the reason behind this phenomenon with our relevant team. Thank you!
2023-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-3 03:05
Thank you for your notice. Please allow us to confirm the reason behind this phenomenon with our relevant team. Thank you!

Thanks Gamora.
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your patience. I've sent you a direct message related to this matter for further checking. Please check our message and keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-4 02:03
Hi, there. Thank you for your patience. I've sent you a direct message related to this matter for further checking. Please check our message and keep us posted on the latest progress.

Cheers Gamora
2023-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-4 02:03
Hi, there. Thank you for your patience. I've sent you a direct message related to this matter for further checking. Please check our message and keep us posted on the latest progress.

I have provided what I think you want, via PM, but all it shows is that the DAT disappeared during the sync. I.e. it was there before the sync and gone after the sync and that applies to the views via both the phone's in-house file browser and via the computer looking in the phone.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-8 13:34
I have provided what I think you want, via PM, but all it shows is that the DAT disappeared during the sync. I.e. it was there before the sync and gone after the sync and that applies to the views via both the phone's in-house file browser and via the computer looking in the phone.

Thank you for responding. Please know that we've responded to your direct message.
2023-12-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-11 04:08
Thank you for responding. Please know that we've responded to your direct message.

I think you should have access now.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-11 13:30
I think you should have access now.

Thank you for your confirmation. Rest assured this will be handled accordingly.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-16 02:43
Thank you for your confirmation. Rest assured this will be handled accordingly.

Thank you.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome. We will inform you about the latest feedback as soon as we receive it. We do appreciate your patience.
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Update: Please know that we've sent you the latest information regarding this matter. Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules