keep the camera forward during way points, help
1734 9 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetboys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535020 ft
Canada

Does anyone know how to keep the camera facing the direction of travel during way point playback. My drone seems to face whatever way it wants to during playback even though i always had it forward during record mode.
2015-9-7
Use props
ehouse3d
New

United States

Having the same problem hope you get a reply..
2015-9-7
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5894029 ft
United States

You have 3 diffterent "head" modes for way point flying.  I would just choose free  so you can face it how ever you want.

“Consistent with record” will point it in the same direction it was when the particular waypoint was recorded.
“Consistent with route” will point it in the direction of travel along the route.
“Free” will allow you YAW the P3 during waypoint flight.
2015-9-7
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535020 ft
Canada

Akaemit02 Posted at 2015-9-7 21:47
You have 3 diffterent "head" modes for way point flying.  I would just choose free  so you can face  ...

I tried the first two options (the only options in fact) and it made no difference.
2015-9-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jetboys,

Download the new DJI Go app (Android - 2.3.0).  It is 99 MB.  There is a new one for iOS also as of September 29.

Aloha and Drone On!

2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

This doesn't sound right. The Camera is normally facing forward. Are you rotating the Camera while flying?
2015-10-3
Use props
gbec65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738937 ft
New Zealand

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-3 20:40
Aloha Jetboys,

Download the new DJI Go app (Android - 2.3.0).  It is 99 MB.  There is a new on ...

I don't see the iOS app, it's still version 2.2.0 afaik
2015-10-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha gbec65,

iOS is not my operating system but I am sure that the app is similar enough to Android since they both run DJI Go.  The best I can suggest is to start your DJI Go app with Internet enabled and explore your way through the bells and whistles of the app to something like the DJI home page.  There DJI will say you need to update your DJI Go app (even though I had just done that from the P3 download page).  The page will display a size for the app of around 99 MB.  Download and install it.  

When I went through this same process, I had planned to go to the P3 download page to download the 2.3.0 version of DJI Go again to see if it was the 99 MB version that was noted on this forum.  But, the one I had already just downloaded and installed from the P3 download page sent me on this journey through the app until I came across this other 99 MB version.  The new 99 MB version was definitely different.

Hey, like flying your P3 - it is an interesting journey.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha gbec65,

Have you reconciled your iOS download problem?  It turns out that for iOS you have to go to the P3 download page and click on the iOS download for 2.2.0.  That will take you to a different download page that announces the new 2.3.0 download.  Follow the directions from there to download 2.3.0.  Hope this helps you and the others.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha gbec65,

A correction for the last post.  DJI just edited the display text for the iOS download page description of DJI Go to 2.3.0.  The rest is the same though, clicking of the button takes you to the iTunes download page.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules