1389 20 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello,
I plan to buy ND filters for OP3, wich one are the best quality ?
- DJI
- Freewell
- Polar Pro

Thanks for your answer.
2023-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use freewell filters on all my drones and have a set for the OP3 also.  They are well made and fit nicely.  
2023-11-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I ordered Freewells - good brand, well made.
2023-11-30
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

Freewells are too expensive if 3 nd filters satisfy your needs, like for me. I don’t want a massive pack of so many different filters for almost $200.  I’m still desperately waiting for DJIs set of 3 and wireless mic to no avail..
2023-11-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Rishio Posted at 11-30 19:15
Freewells are too expensive if 3 nd filters satisfy your needs, like for me. I don’t want a massive pack of so many different filters for almost $200.  I’m still desperately waiting for DJIs set of 3 and wireless mic to no avail..

I ordered the 3-piece PL/ND set.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We recommend using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Magnetic ND Filter set for your unit as it features a magnetic design that you can smoothly attach or detach on the unit. However, the said accessory is currently out-of-stock on our website and please include your email address in the "Notify Me" for you to be informed if this accessory is now available. You may also check the suggestions from our fellow DJI members about their experience with other 3rd party ND filters. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Rishio Posted at 11-30 19:15

Available on Amazon France
2023-12-1
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

DaveSp Posted at 11-30 19:44
I ordered the 3-piece PL/ND set.

Hello,
i'm wondering what are the benefit of ND/PL filters, are they better than ND solo ?
How does this affect the image quality ?
2023-12-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 12-1 03:17
Hello,
i'm wondering what are the benefit of ND/PL filters, are they better than ND solo ?

Benefits are very small, in order for polarity to work you need to be always filming 90 degrees to the sun.

For photos you may see some benefit again shooting 90 degrees to the sun where blues and greens look a little more saturated or you can remove the glare from water. But on a lens so small is a bit of a faff for the actual benefits you’ll see.

Below are a good option if you dont want to carry many filters, they are freewell so the quality is very good.

2023-12-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 12-1 03:17
Hello,

Some pros & cons -

https://www.polarpro.com/blogs/p ... rs-and-why-use-them
2023-12-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveSp Posted at 12-1 09:23
Some pros & cons -

https://www.polarpro.com/blogs/polarpro/what-are-nd-pl-filters-and-why-use-them

The cons are basically where you need to be positioned in relation to the sun, after that well if you include all the faff thats also a con. And although I have purchased much more filters than I need I think 16,32 & 64 ND are sufficient for this camera and filming in general. The mist is objective , but having used the freewell nighttime filter it is exceptional and I never thought it would be. Now all we need is an anamorphic lens .
2023-12-1
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

DaveSp Posted at 12-1 09:23
Some pros & cons -

https://www.polarpro.com/blogs/polarpro/what-are-nd-pl-filters-and-why-use-them

Thank you, very instructive
2023-12-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 05:55
Benefits are very small, in order for polarity to work you need to be always filming 90 degrees to the sun.

I had looked at those Freewells but was turned off by their $20 shipping charge on a $70 product.
2023-12-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveSp Posted at 12-1 11:14
I had looked at those Freewells but was turned off by their $20 shipping charge on a $70 product.

That’s funny because I increased my order to save the $20 so now I have spent more than I needed for stuff I might never use.
They do sell through Amazon if you have free shipping with them, but they were not in stock when I purchased.
2023-12-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 11:21
That’s funny because I increased my order to save the $20 so now I have spent more than I needed for stuff I might never use.
They do sell through Amazon if you have free shipping with them, but they were not in stock when I purchased.

lol, almost did the same. I'll wait for them to show at Amazon or B&H where shipping will be free.

"I have spent more than I needed for stuff I might never use" - same here when viewed across all of my photo gear, compacts, DSLR, video, etc. Hobbies tend to be a source of overindulgence.
2023-12-1
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

I bought this set - not cheap, but I think the price is reasonable
https://www.freewellgear.de/free ... -dji-osmo-pocket-3/

2023-12-2
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

None of them are available in France
2023-12-2
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

I buyed directly at Freewell web store...Think shipments needs 2 weeks to Austria

2023-12-2
Use props
Juvankoski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67877 ft
  • >>>
Finland

https://www.skyreat.com/product/ ... 16-nd32-nd64-nd128/
2023-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would first try without ND filters and only buy they when you know you need them.
They can improve your footage, but only marginally and there are way more important techniques you can master first that will have a bigger impact.
1-14 01:48
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Juvankoski Posted at 2023-12-2 04:00
https://www.skyreat.com/product/skyreat-nd-filters-set-for-dji-osmo-pocket-3-creator-combo-accessories-6-pack-cpl-nd8-nd16-nd32-nd64-nd128/

I have the pack with 4 pcs. for 30 EURO on Black Friday.
Perfect for my needs.
1-14 02:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules