DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 Connection Issues with Virtual Flight..
971 9 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lokiromi
lvl.1

Tunisia

Hello People,
I'm facing some issues with my DJI equipment and the Virtual Flight simulator, and I'm hoping to get some insights or advice from anyone who might have encountered similar issues.
Equipment:
  • DJI fpv Remote Controller 2
  • Goggles Integra
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • PC with Windows 11
  • (Everything is up to date. Firmware,os , etc..)
Current Situation:
With iPhone:
  • I am unable to bind my fpv Remote Controller 2 to the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator app. The app suggests no drone/air unit is necessary, but the controller isn't recognized during the binding process. Is an intermediary device like a DJI drone or an O3 air unit required for this setup?
  • The Goggles Integra are connected to the iPhone and display the video feed from the app. Sim mode transmission is enabled on the goggles.
  • The remote controller is new and functional (tested with a friend's equipment), but its compatibility with controlling the app and using the goggles for the video feed is unclear.
With Windows 11 PC:
  • The  Remote Controller 2 connects via USB to my Windows 11 PC and controls the Virtual Flight app effectively. However, I cannot get the video feed from the app to the Goggles Integra. Is there a way to transmit this video feed to the goggles?
Additional information:
  • Does the fpv Remote Controller 2 need to be initially bound to a drone or an O3 air unit and then to the goggles before it can work with the Virtual Flight app? While I can view the app's video feed through my Goggles Integra, binding the fpv RC 2 directly to the app is the main issue.
I would greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or suggestions on how to resolve these issues. Has anyone faced similar challenges and found a solution?
Thank you in advance for your help!

2023-12-1
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

While I stand behind DJI and it's products...the simulator is horrible.

I recommend checking out some of the other FPV simulators. Liftoff, TRYP FPV, FPV Freerider, Velocidrone, etc.

I also believe DJI has stopped support their simulator (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
Edited to add: Most of these (if not all) support DJI's FPV controller 2.

2023-12-1
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

We’ve been asking for months now, but DJI seem to not give a toss about releasing an update to fix the farcical problems with the DJI Virtual Flight app. Get your hands on Liftoff instead, I’ll try and find it but someone’s calibrated the DJI FPV you can get to better mimic the real world characteristics of the drone.
2023-12-1
Use props
rikorol
lvl.1

Tunisia

Waldo4280 Posted at 12-1 06:14
We’ve been asking for months now, but DJI seem to not give a toss about releasing an update to fix the farcical problems with the DJI Virtual Flight app. Get your hands on Liftoff instead, I’ll try and find it but someone’s calibrated the DJI FPV you can get to better mimic the real world characteristics of the drone.

I use all other apps you mentioned (liftoff, uncrashed, DRL, tryp)..

However I wanted to use the dji virtual simulator app as it is the only one that "theortically" supports goggles.  
I wanted to practice in a simulator while using my goggles for video trasnmission instead of laptop/computer/ipad/etc screen.

But still thanks for the message
2023-12-1
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

rikorol Posted at 12-1 07:23
I use all other apps you mentioned (liftoff, uncrashed, DRL, tryp)..

However I wanted to use the dji virtual simulator app as it is the only one that "theortically" supports goggles.  

Agree, but it’s painful with blurry and horrifically pixelated image. DJI by their stupid refusal to fix this mess have pinged off many customers when their stupid admins say that they’ll pass feedback onto the devs, bs they do!
2023-12-1
Use props
rikorol
lvl.1

Tunisia

Waldo4280 Posted at 12-1 22:39
Agree, but it’s painful with blurry and horrifically pixelated image. DJI by their stupid refusal to fix this mess have pinged off many customers when their stupid admins say that they’ll pass feedback onto the devs, bs they do!

Hi again.

I got it to work on iphone. The problem was the following:

The fpv remote controller 2 and the gogggles should have at least binded once at least in "in their lives". Which is only possible when you bind both to a dji air unit or one of dji drones.  
I can't understand why it has to be so complicated. But at least now , within the dji virtual flight app, the controller is binded and is able to input controls .

However, like you mentioned, the video feed is so disgusting. I tried on an iphone 14 pro, and it was a disaster. Then with another earlier iphone i tried again the goggles, the results were very decent . You still can play but in no way I could spend hours practicing in such bad conditions.

That's it. So thank you for your feedback and have a nice day.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. I see you managed to make it work. regarding the low-resolution video feed, this is caused by a compatibility issue with the DJI Virtual Flight when the iPhone is updated to iOS 16.4. We are actively communicating with related manufacturers to resolve this issue. Please rest assured. To facilitate usage, we recommend using the devices running on Android devices or devices with iOS versions below 16.4. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-2
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 00:17
Hi. I see you managed to make it work. regarding the low-resolution video feed, this is caused by a compatibility issue with the DJI Virtual Flight when the iPhone is updated to iOS 16.4. We are actively communicating with related manufacturers to resolve this issue. Please rest assured. To facilitate usage, we recommend using the devices running on Android devices or devices with iOS versions below 16.4. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

It’s caused by the ‘don’t give toss to fix your own problem!’ DJI have had since March to fix this and Apple give all creators of app early access to future iOS to ensure they can release fit-for-purpose apps, stope the bull....

And it doesn’t t work on devices with earlier than 16.4,  I tested it on a device running 15.7, your crappy app doesn’t work! DJI are all too happy to take our money but don;t give a …. About customer service!
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_EVL96TAPROhI
lvl.1

Taiwan

My equipment is

Goggles Integra
FPV remote controller 2
iPhone 15 pro

When I use virtual Fleight by connection goggles Integra to iPhone, the simulator functions well but extremely poor image quality (poor resolution) from goggles. However, iPhone shows good image quality. Already update the firmware.

Anyone knows why and how to improve it?
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_IUMeYLTYX9iY
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI GOGGLES 2 + DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER work and bind in second. On the device should be installed only DJI VIRTUAL FLIGHT App. No DJI Store or DJI FLY. I tried solve problem connection during two weekends. Different cables, different settings and no success. Tested on the IOS or Android. I was confused when people told about pixelose on the Goggles screen, my work clear and sharp, colourful. I still fight with Windows 11 version of software. Intermittent connection only. When will solve I let you know here.
1-21 06:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules